The new Chinese sidecar

Discussion in 'Hacks' started by twintwin, Jan 29, 2008.

1. franki

franki NB Rider

Oddometer:
    Twin Twin,

If you want a free test ride, please contact me. You will have to pay for your own passage to the factory though.

Franki
  2. twintwin

twintwin Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thank you Franki
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  3. Lago888

Lago888 Giacomo

Oddometer:
    do you have more info on this new machine?

I test drove a JIA LING w/ out sidecar the other day in Beijing, the brakes & suspension are good, and a direct knock off of the BMW R650GS. But the engine felt like it was going to frag & throw a rod at any moment, (it had about 3,000 KM on it).

it retails for around 30,000 RMB (about $4,285 USD)

[​IMG][/quote]
  4. gregbenner

gregbenner Long timer

Oddometer:
    Couldn't agree more. I keep one of my rigs in Florida, no lane splitting, fair amount of rain. Sidecar is perfect. Much much more maneuverable than a car.

Lane splitting is really nice, but in the US its only legal in California so far as I can tell.

5. gregbenner

gregbenner Long timer

Oddometer:
    This is only solo bikes, no sidecars (I called). Darn, I would go is it was in sidecars

6. Pezz_gs

Pezz_gs Cant ride for crap

Oddometer:
    Franki

Do they do one on the Left Hand Side??

Pezz :)
  7. Patriot4570

Patriot4570 Trail Blaster

Oddometer:
    Probaly junk I dont think it will last too long without lots of maintenance like some of the tools you can buy at Harbor Freight.:deal[​IMG]:rofl
  8. Papa Pete

Papa Pete RIDES RED

Oddometer:
    The tread design looks alot like a kings tire that is made in China.
    I have a set of that brand on my XRL. They seem to wear like iron.
  9. franki

franki NB Rider

Oddometer:
    100/90-19 57S ?
  10. franki

franki NB Rider

Oddometer:
    Not at this moment.:(: They have their hands full just to fill the PLA order.
    By the way, the civilian version came without the machine gun mount and tyres may be different as the MIL grade tyres may be bullet proof:deal
  11. USMCG_Spyder

USMCG_Spyder RPOC pilot

Oddometer:
    I'll agree with that. I get much more respect on the road riding War Pig than I do the other bikes. Nods, smiles, finger pointing, picture taking, that sort of thing.

The picture taking can be a bother, especially when the person doing it is in the lane I want to be in :lol3

Regarding this Chinese bike, I wouldn't mind taking one for a spin - it'd need to be the military version, though :nod
  12. Tagati

Tagati tEAM iDIOT

Oddometer:
    Townsville, Capital of Free Australia (NQ)
    I have never even thought about a hack till I saw this. being a china bike they could be real cheep and dare I say it "disposable" one could get one as a toy ride the wheels off it and if the idea of a hack still sounds good mode the hell out of it and put it on another bike.
  13. dakdakdave

dakdakdave an older,wiser noob!

Oddometer:
    I'm actually keen here as the old Oz dollar is up. Could the good fellows on this site keep us lefties notified if the plant ever does get around to attaching on the left hand side.I converted and ride a chinese xb31 motorcross bike(from zehjhiang) in trials and its absolutly fabulous! Reliable as a seiko,cheap parts pricing,good quality castings, excellent parts backup.I'm certainly interested.
  14. usgser

usgser Long timer

Oddometer:
    That is very cool, thanks for posting. I want a white one.
  15. Brendan J

Brendan J Pfft

Oddometer:

Same here, they look half decent.
  16. Hogan's Hero

Hogan's Hero Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wonder why the civilian model has a sidestand?
  17. Nick in PRC.

Nick in PRC. Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    "cause it would fall over when you parked it. :D

The advertising blurb is for a two wheel model.............three wheel model wouldn't fall over while parked obviously.

There are a few owners on the mychinamoto site.
  18. China2wheels

China2wheels Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've owned the military version (JH600B) for about a year now, and am reasonably happy with it. I've just ordered the newer "civilian" version, although the difference is really just the color (shiny grey versus flat military green). The white one is not available to the public (reserved for the navy & police).

I've also owned several CJ750s (24 hp, 32 hp, and a BMW engine conversion). The JH600B is a far superior hack, IMHO. Unsurprising given that it is a newer technology & design. It is pointless trying to discuss this with a CJ owner, however. I also own a Victory, and it is the same deal trying to have an intelligent discussion with a Harley owner.

The tires are 18 inch 4.10 Kendas with an aggressive square block pattern. I have 5,000 kms on a set and they are still in good shape.

It is an EFI 600cc thumper with a bosch ECM. One unique feature is a steerable right wheel (which also has a dual caliper disc brake & a gas-filled shock) that turns slightly with the handlebars (cable controlled). It has four forward gears and a reverse. It can cruise at 110 kph on the expressways with no problem.

Its ground clearance is about two inches higher than your typical CJ, so off-road riding is easier. Suspension is good.

In the first part of its life, there was a fair amount of stalling, but a sensor replacement seems to have fixed that. Since, I have had no problems other than a blown fuse. Some have reported engine problems at 10,000 kms, whereas others have clocked 30,000 kms without a hiccup.

It sells for about 45,000 rmb (new) inside China (about 6.5 rmb = $1 US). The only export market, currently, is Africa. From what I have heard, Jialing has expressed little interest in exporting to the Americas or Europe.
  19. Winterbiker

Winterbiker Sidecarist

Oddometer:
    One of our friends in Shanghai has one of these rigs and he´s very happy with it. A dutch dealer will bring it to Europe. Hope to see it at the European sidecar Rally end of August!

Winterbiker