The New Schuberth E1 Finally a True Adventure Helmet

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by GCecchetto, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Don Coyote

Don Coyote Long timer

Oddometer:
    After continued use commuting in the E1, i found a couple of tricks. First,the turbulance was much more noticible with the peak in the highest postion. At highway speeds i would lower the peak and it proved to be more stable. Not perfect by any means, i expect Schubert to address this in the E2 or maybe E1 Pro.

Second, what is the point of those locking levers for the peak? After a few times of locking and unlocking the peak, i just started leaving it unlocked. It never showed any sign of moving around on it's own, as much as it would vibrate in any position. I could see if you wanted it to stay in the top or middle position while going through some brush, but no, they are actually useless. If one of my levers broke off, i don't think i'd waste the time to replace it as long as it could be left in the unlocked position. Think of how much weight you are saving!
  2. mosey.levy

mosey.levy Long timer

Oddometer:
    It really depends on your setup. The peak doesn't bother me in any way unless it's very windy out and on those days I can pop it off in under a minute. On sunny days it's a godsend. Putting it in to the lowest position helps so often. Then back to middle most of the time. I don't get the high position so much.

5'9". 2015 R1200GS stock windshield usually in high position.

I'm gonna do a video review soon. If anyone wants me to hit any specific topics let me know.
  3. Viking84

Viking84 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Has anyone had any experience with the built-in comms unit? From what I gather there is a Cardo version (SRC) and a Sena version (S10U) - are any of them any good or am I better of getting an external unit?
    Ks600 likes this.
  4. mosey.levy

mosey.levy Long timer

Oddometer:
    I believe schuberth is coming out with a new unit soon made by sena instead of Scala.

If you want something now go 10U or 20S.
  5. Motodisiac

Motodisiac Moto Terrorist

Oddometer:
    It's been out for a while, SENA 10U is exactly what Schuberth will be selling as their OEM solution.

D.

6. Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf High functioning sociopath

Oddometer:
    I wanted to love the 10U ans throught it was a really nice unit, but unless you have a large shell, ot throws off the sizing just enough to create hot spots.
    mosey.levy likes this.
  7. Don Coyote

Don Coyote Long timer

Oddometer:
    Did you have the large unit on a small shell helmet?
  8. Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf High functioning sociopath

Oddometer:
    10U is only 1 size. I had the standard 10U in a medium helmet and it was tolerable for up to 4 hours of ride time before the hot spot at my forhead and over my right ear got bad. My more significant other tried in her small helmet and we had pulled it out of there within the first hour.

Those are the only comlaints I found of the unit. If you use a large shell, the 10U is a very awesome add on item.
  9. Schussboelie

Schussboelie Kicking up dirt Supporter

Oddometer:
    I think he was referring to the all new Schuberth SC1 (also produced by Sena) that fits the all new C4 and R2 helmets.
    The 10U is a Sena branded unit and not Schuberth OEM.
    It also exists for the Shoei Neotec for example.
  10. mosey.levy

mosey.levy Long timer

Oddometer:
  11. Motodisiac

Motodisiac Moto Terrorist

Oddometer:
  12. mosey.levy

mosey.levy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Go with the 20S. Best one I've seen so far. Unless you wanna spring for the new 30K model :)
  13. Viking84

Viking84 Long timer

Oddometer:
    The 30k is tempting, but it won't be available in time for spring I fear. I also quite like the idea of a fully integrated system, less external bits to get caught in the wind :)
  14. Crowmoto

Crowmoto Adventurer

Oddometer:
    does anyone know if the TT mod has more field of view than the E1?
  15. Don Coyote

Don Coyote Long timer

Oddometer:
    The peak on the Schuberth has some problems with turbulance under certain conditions, but it does an excellent job actually improving visibility under various sun positions. The AT950 peak is a fashion accessory.

I now have a Caberg Xtrace and can tell there is the same turbulence coming at the top of my head sometimes, but the more rigid peak doesn't vibrate enough to annoy like the Schuberth. It also doesn't adjust and isn't shaped to work as well to adjust to sun conditions as the Schuberth, so a bit of a trade-off there.

Patiently waiting for the E1 Pro or E2, hoping it isn't some $1000+ electronic gizmo shack...
  16. Viking84

Viking84 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Having tried both in the same shop I'd say they are absolutely identical in terms of fit and field of view. For some reason the helmet just didn't fit my head, so I ended up with an Arai X4 instead :)
  17. I82l8

I82l8 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Is anyone here using goggles with their E1?
    If yes, what goggles do you use?
    Thanks.
  18. Crowmoto

Crowmoto Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey I just noticed you have the Rottweiler Mirrors. I bought them months ago and have yet to put them on my 701 because I wanted to find the right hadguards .. did you drill thru the Hdb hand guards? could you possibly send me some pics??
  19. GCecchetto

GCecchetto Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Here you go. In the photo with me pointing at the clearance between the mirror arm and the handguard notice how tight they are as I've installed them. The mirrors don't have a lot of adjustment up and down, so make sure you leave enough room to roll the mirror arm forward to get the view through the mirrors high enough to see down the road behind you. I have the mirrors folded up in the shots, which I also do when riding offroad.
    IMG_1004.jpg

IMG_1005.jpg
    Crowmoto likes this.
  20. ADVRKD

ADVRKD Dharma Bum

Oddometer:
    Touratech lists these for use with the TOURATECH AVENTURO MOD HELMET - https://touratech-usa.com/Store/SCOTT-Hustle-Off-Road-Motorcycle-Goggles

I have no experience with them, but I may give them a try.

TT has lowered the price on the aventuro mod helmet. I've had one for two seasons and really like it.
    mosey.levy and I82l8 like this.