The New Schuberth E1 Finally a True Adventure Helmet

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by GCecchetto, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Suncoaster

Suncoaster Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Where the girls are green and the grass is pretty.
    Using the Sena 10U in mine with no problem at all.
    The handlebar control takes a bit of learning.
    I82l8 likes this.
  2. Don Coyote

Don Coyote Long timer

Oddometer:
    Picked up a used Sena10U here for cheap (it is a custom fit for the E1/C3pro). It does a good job with basic hands free phone use. Radio has worked on the few occasions I've tried it. I don't have the handlebar controls and the button controls are difficult to memorize. Haven't tried any intercom stuff. The included speakers are okay, but become hot spots for me on long rides, been meaning to see about digging them bigger holes.
  3. JDB427

JDB427 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I find the Sena very quiet (but then I do wear ear plugs). I would be interested if anyone has upgraded the speakers on this particular model??
    Also the remote is ridiculously complicated to learn if you don't use it every day.
    Pairing with a GPS phone and a GPS takes a little studying of the manual to get it all to work properly with Garmin.
    Fitting is excellent though!!
  4. kave

kave Gravel rules

Oddometer:
    So, I have found another set for the E1, the Schuberth src pro from carda. It seems older than the sc10ua but connects to the built in antenna in the helmet which the newer SC10UA does not. Any recommendations to which to go for?
  5. Ccieurzo

Ccieurzo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    There are plusses and minuses to the SRC Pro.
    Plus: Integrated into helmet collar, nothing sticking off the side of the helmet
    Speakers can be upgraded to JBL speakers-sound is quite good
    Phono plug to speakers also allows you to replace them with in ear headphones
    It works well as a comm unit/phone/NAV/radio

Minus: It is an older unit, no mesh networking or other fancy capabilities.
    JBL speakers require you to compress helmet foam to reduce ear pain
    They seem to be out of production and are getting hard to find new
    Sena used a ribbon cable between battery and control unit that tends to break after the warranty is up. Easy fix though, see:
    https://advrider.com/f/threads/yes-virginia-you-too-can-repair-a-schuberth-src-comm-set.1123484/
    kave and Don Coyote like this.
  6. birdie_xx

birdie_xx Long timer

Oddometer:
    I prefer Packtalk Bold from Cardo, but I intalled Sena 20S Evo and Sena 30K on my friend's E1s