1. AVOID SCAMMERS!
      (1) Do not transact without protections in place! Different payment options may limit your payment protection
      (2) Use a payment service like PayPal WITH (!) purchase protection.
      (3) Terms like 'Friends and Family' are a warning that NO payment protection exists.
      (4) Avoid transactions with new members with no history and "family or friend of friend" offers.
      (5) If you do not understand the payment method you're being asked to use; stop and do not proceed until you do
      (6) If you receive a suspicious private message, click the "report" link and let us know!
    LISTINGS MUST INCLUDE: Price, Location, Product Description(s) and NO Links to CL or EBAY or your post will not be allowed. Read the rules!

Sold The North Face Flying Frog 33 tent - SOLD!

Discussion in 'Other' started by NorseCycles, Nov 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NorseCycles

NorseCycles n00b since 2008 Supporter

Oddometer:
    SOLD!!...For sale: a rarely used North Face Flying Frog 33 tent. I have had this since new and not used it as much as someone should. I couldn't say how old it is exactly, but I'm guessing 10-12 years. The bungie cords were acting weak recently so I sent the pole set back to North Face for a refurb and the shock cords act as they should now. I want to say this is ostensibly a 3 person shelter but have found that two is really the comfortable limit. It is heavier and more durably built than a lot of newer offerings in the tent world. I live in the southwest so couldn't really comment on the waterproofness (although on a White Rim trip years ago, we survived a gullywasher thunder and rain storm dry as a bone...).

Info from an old REI page:

Best Use
    Backpacking
    Seasons
    3-season
    Sleeping Capacity
    3-person
    Packaged Weight
    7 lbs. 10 oz.
    Packed Size
    6.5 x 24 inches
    Floor Dimensions
    89 x 72.5 inches
    Floor Area
    45 square feet
    Vestibule Area
    7.3 + 7.3 square feet
    Peak Height
    45.5 inches
    Number of Doors
    2 doors
    Number of Poles
    Pole Material
    Aluminum DAC Pressfit
    Pole Diameter
    9.0 millimeters
    Canopy Fabric
    Ripstop nylon
    Floor Fabric
    Coated nylon taffeta
    Rainfly Fabric
    Coated ripstop polyeter
    Footprint Included
    No
    Design Type
    Freestanding tent

Not sure how to value this tent as prices new on a 3 person, 3 season tent span a huge range. Let's see how close we can get me to a new Warbonnet Blackbird XLC.... I'm listing this at $170 shipped (I'll probably take it in the shorts on shipping...) from Durango, CO. PP funds accepted (net to me).

Please PM me with any questions, requests for additional pics, or an "I'll take it!"

Attached Files:

TwoWheelShaman likes this.
  2. NorseCycles

Oddometer:
    Bump. $150 shipped.
  3. NorseCycles

Oddometer:
    5 day bump. $140 shipped.
  4. fortrider

fortrider Been here awhile Supporter