"The Oasis of my Soul", 9th year on the road...

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by BeemerChef, Nov 27, 2006.

1. M1tch

M1tch Been here awhile

Oddometer:

You can get it on Amazon Kindle. The Kindle reader is a free download.
  2. BeemerChef

BeemerChef Wandering Homeless

Oddometer:
    That is true. I myself use it for late night reading.

Thanks for the thought.

Stay well.

Ara and Spirit
  3. M1tch

M1tch Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hope things are well Ara & Spirit.
  4. BeemerChef

Oddometer:
    Rough weather but all is good! Thanks for asking. Wishing you the same.

[​IMG]

Intermission in Life. TX

We both have been looking for a break, an intermission of some sort but not one in this fashion. A violent ice storm created the worse black out these three million acres have ever experienced when 30 electric poles went down. No fuel, no propane, no phone service, not even the SAT phone working for some odd reason, and of course no Internet. The lack of power does not phase us as we are on a solar system, the Internet? well, that can wait... right?

Yesterday as some power did come back in Alpine and the perfect weather was back we took the 120 mile round trip, my curiosity towards these pages I guess got the best of me while sitting at the local Library. The world is still spinning, nothing too important has happened. It was a great ride though.

We did manage to get into the Park before the storm hit, riding being a need more than anything else, and we found ourselves present at Panther Junction at the right time while the iced fog combined with winds was sculpting Nature. What a sight! With plenty of fuel as always carrying an extra five gallons reserve it was one of our best days in the Park. A cold one!

Everyone here is slowly getting back on their feet. The Internet addicts are again normally breathing, blood pressure back to normal. Not so lucky here as we depend on a tower and that little red light is still not on. We will probably ride to our neighbors tomorrow to post this as more photos are in our Journal.

And by the way "Happy New Year".

Till next time.

Stay well.

Ara and Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com The Journal and Book "Freedom on Both Ends of the Leash"

www.beemerchef.smugmug.com The Photos

9th Year, the Stars, living under them…
  5. 100mpg

100mpg Self Imposed Exile

Oddometer:
    lights out over 3 million acres? The skies must have been DARK! An amateur astronomers dream!
  6. BeemerChef

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Winter this time around seems to be lingering forever or is it this construction while "it" feeling so against the grain of our Journey. Was it the wrong time? Trying to come to terms with it.

We already had "that one day of snow", the one day that transforms this desert into a surreal landscape yet does not last long, about half a day.

A couple visitors as Big Bend is increasingly putting its name on the map arousing the curiosity of many while they themselves discover the beautiful roads which surrounds us mixed in with much hiking. There is even a donut shop now open on Sundays in Terlingua! How about that for progress...

Between painting, trimming and mostly waiting for material to arrive we also continue ourselves enjoying the roads. River Rd was one of them the other day. Many photos and a new video on our Journal.

This intermission is a long one. Are we getting close to explore further? I sure hope so as it seems such aspect is now ingrained within us. It is amazing how one can get so close to Mother Nature no wanting to let her go.

It has been eleven years now since Lance is gone. That day was a rough one even if my tools are honed and sharpened to take on the emotions which never leave me, will never leave me.

Life goes on... It is what it is... Enough rambling.

Till next time.

Stay well.

Ara and Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com The Journal and Book "Freedom on Both Ends of the Leash"

9th Year, the Stars, living under them…
  7. sophijo

sophijo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Indeed!
  8. MotoBoss

MotoBoss Go Ahead

Oddometer:
    Carry on..............

Life is the journey we all must take, it is our decision on how we embrace it.

Enjoyed the book!
  9. BeemerChef

Oddometer:
    Thank You.

Glad you enjoyed the Book. Photo Coffee Table Book will be out soon.

Stay well. Ara and Spirit
  10. veriest1

veriest1 Minimalist Gear Hoarder

Oddometer:
    Hooray!
  11. Bug Dr.

Bug Dr. Extroverted Loner

Oddometer:
    Ara,
    I'm about half way through the book. Thank you for taking the time to put your thoughts on paper. I've enjoyed it much.
    Mike
  12. Oldone

Oldone One day at a time!

Oddometer:
    I first tuned in back in 2009 and have since checked back whenever I happen to see a new update or think about it. It's always nice getting back to where you are and finding that both of you are still here as are my wife and I (so far)! We feel changes coming on though, and wonder what's going to happen next!

Thanks for keeping in touch......

Gary "Oldone" :gerg

Grampa’s Lake Superior Ride
    Grampa’s National Monument Ride
  13. BeemerChef

Oddometer:
    Thanks for writing. Life changes every moment! That is the spice of it... Living it.
    We are going to a Rally in Benson in April, 17th I think... Come and join us. You are not too far...

Stay well.
    Ara and Spirit
  14. rockn6gs

rockn6gs S^2C

Oddometer:
    Hey Ara it's Mark formerly from Kingman AZ ..How are you my friend?
  15. BeemerChef

Oddometer:
    Good. Have you moved? I wrote you a couple times but did not hear back. Hopefully I will this time.

[​IMG]

*Following complains from a few [Thanks!] as I was asked I have removed our Book's link on this thread.

Good Days in Big Bend, Texas.

Sometimes throughout the year moments reach a higher level of perfection all around. The weather, the landscape, the mental and physical intermission within a more than welcoming space. Those are it right now.

It is at the same time the occasion to re-align a Journey, re-organize while depending on others and growing a much needed patience towards "things" which need to be taking care of, mastering such patience as unfortunately few follow through their spoken words.

Such times has given me a chance to learn more about this area and write about it as its geology and some of Big Bend's History. It is rich in past culture as much as it is in its formation going back millions of years ago.

We have had pleasant visitors, we have cooked a lot, as well as much chatting and even star gazing throughout the nights here so dark and unpolluted from urban lights.

It is definitely Spring and I keep asking locals if they have ever seen the grounds so green and covered with yellow flowers blooming everywhere. They have never. All browns were fine, green and yellows are even better. It is a daily surprising change that has taken place.

Spring break is over in this State, the crowds lingering for the past two weeks have left, it is again "ours". Big Bend is definitely on the map now, an area I myself had never heard of only a few years ago.

Enjoy the few past entries and their many photos

Till next time.

Stay well.

Ara and Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com The Journal
  16. BeemerChef

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Is it only a matter of choice? TX

We are still lingering in Big Bend! Having a hard time leaving this space as we have spread out and Nature has covered the grounds with greens and yellows. it is quite a sight I must say when daily we sit amongst such a marvel of Nature.

But, we are packing... slowly as within me a spark of excitement is starting taking place. New adventures, landscapes and even when it happens meeting locals here and there. The road... that magical aspect we live for.

I look at the forecast while wearing a sweater this morning and nothing over 80 for quite a few days. There is no rush, we are comfy here. We are living!

The solar is giving us plenty of power, it has rained just about every afternoon throughout 20 minutes of what I always think the storm of all storms followed by blue skies. There is definitely a change in the weather pattern while the water is always welcome here being off the grid.

The body is taking a break! The mind is working overtime, its thoughts fueled by this beautiful and serene Desert with no walls, no clock and no schedule. I eat when I am hungry, I sleep when sleepy, all is really that simple with no horns or traffic signal lights. What more can anyone ask for?

"Old Faithful" is ready to go. Oils have been changed, throttle bodies adjusted and only the rear tire remains to be changed. That is it...

Boring? Bored? Never...

And yes, I am also cooking much more!

Till next time.

Stay well.

Ara and Spirit

17. MarcusWelds

MarcusWelds Nude

Oddometer:
    Amazing as always Ara. I'm going riding for a few months when aI quit my job in a few weeks. Will be headed south I'll try to look you up when I'm in the area. :D
  18. BeemerChef

Oddometer:
    Good for you...

We should be out of here in 2~3 weeks max through New Mexico and I think stay a while near Salida [Marshall Pass/Colorado]. Plenty of BLM land there... and Salida is a cool town. #114 of course a beautiful road, the Pass, Gunnison, Crestted Butte...
    We will have our SPOT on...
    Stay well.
    Ara and Spirit
  19. BeemerChef

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Kind of a delicate situation here as "administration" has send me a warning to not post about it which does include our previous book. There has been some complains about it...

I guess some have nothing else to do than infringe on a rider and his dog living on the road...

So the Big News is on our Journal which is self explanatory. That is about as far as I can explain.

http://theoasisofmysoul.com/

I hope many will open it up and spread the word as I am only trying to share...

The preparations to head North continues, yet, with the incredible colors of the blooming cactus it is hard to leave!!!

Let me know what you think!!! :D

Till next time.

Stay well.

Ara and Spirit

20. derekdeadend

derekdeadend Long timer

Oddometer:
    Dude, you are my hero, literally. This is probably the coolest thing I have ever seen. I can't wait to catch up.