The Official D2D '08

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by Fighter, Dec 22, 2007.

1. Gusgus

Gusgus Banned

Oddometer:
    it really is about time you were here.

What took you so darned long?:super
  2. CruisingRam

CruisingRam Frankenbike builder

Oddometer:
    I plan on tenting it- are camping sites that hard to come buy in Dawson during D2d? That is one area I have never had to have a reservation for- a camp site? :huh
  3. AKTroy

AKTroy BE AWARE OF TRAINS

Oddometer:
    Camp on the Dome. No reservations required and no better veiw. Of course lightning may be a factor.
  4. CruisingRam

CruisingRam Frankenbike builder

Oddometer:
    I can camp almost anywhere, as long as there is a shower to be rented within short riding distance at some point. :D
  5. Exurban

Exurban Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm on the way, in the middle of North Dakota right now. 1,500 miles out of 4,000 plus or minus. I've left time to hopefully go up to Inuvik first then back down to D2D. See you all there. The Downtown is supposed to have my reservation but haven't heard anything yet. I'll check in when I pass through on my way up. Two 600 mile days with gusty winds, pouring rain and lightning and almost taken out by a semi in Chicago. I'm starting to feel like a hardened ADVer. :D
  6. Spicy McHaggis

Spicy McHaggis Darth Peach's cracker...

Oddometer:
    Awesome...we'll see you up there!

Ride safe...:ricky
  7. SgtMarty

SgtMarty Retired, baby!

Oddometer:
    I'm in Central B.C. now, and will be aiming for Inuvik before the D2D as well. I hope my Thermarest helps in the gravel campground.
  8. The Dick

The Dick The Brick Supporter

Oddometer:
    Okay kids, who has the latest numbers of possible attendees, I have to get steaks ordered for the BBQ so need some approximation. I will be back to Dennis before the weekend and he is putting together a rough tale of events with the usual awesome details. We will sell dinner tickets at the front desk of the DT starting Thur afternoon til noon on Friday.

I think I might just go to Chicken, camp and hang out for a day and a half with Susan and enjoy the peace and solitude of downtown Chicken, been a little crazy for an old guy so far this spring.

Let the games begin!
  9. ve8nc

ve8nc Adventurer

Oddometer:
    <TABLE class=tborder id=post7176353 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_7176353>Lots of bikes up here already. Lots of BMW 1150GS, 1200GS, R1200RT, KLR, a few Honda Shadow's, Harley Davison ???, a couple of Yamaha 250cc bikes, Yamaha 650 street. Lots of bikes that I have missed. We also had www.bikertv.ca up here already and they are producing two 30 minutes shows for TV. Two or three of us are heading out for Dawson on June 18.

And yes one Ford Model A with trailer.

David from Inuvik
    <!-- / message --></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>[​IMG] </TD><TD class=alt1 align=right><!-- controls --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
  10. Spicy McHaggis

Spicy McHaggis Darth Peach's cracker...

Oddometer:
    So I figure one week from now, there outta be a large number of us completely intoxicated.

Let the Coast Guard All Male Revue begin...!!!

:freaky

:lol3
  11. Daggy

Daggy Wondering ...

Oddometer:
    See all you FFs next weekend!
    Count two more in for dinner food!

Ride safe everybody,
    Dave in Minneapolis
    (Leaving bright and early in the morning :clap )
  12. Advdave

Advdave jubilado

Oddometer:
    Headed to Inuvik now, in Dawson for the party. Met 4 GSers at Dempster Corner coming back out fromthe Dempster....there are a few out ahead of me, but saw no motorcycles between the corner and eagle plains today..just two people on bicycles...

no rain, light traffic, all gravel all the time...........

Dave de Juneau
  13. curty

curty Sum'a bitch

Oddometer:
    As per the midnight photo, do we get copies of that or will it be downloadable somewhere. Will we be saluting? :fyyff

In Anchorage with five others will be heading that way around the 18th. Probably camping in Tok Thursday night.

Can't wait. :clap
  14. White6Romeo

White6Romeo Sectum Sempre

Oddometer:
    I hate being a pain in the ass but could someone put up the D2D info link again. Im going blind and stupid I think and cant find it. Laters
  15. akrider

akrider mild adventurer

Oddometer:
    Arrive Thursday---tour Dawson, gamble, etc etc

Friday--Noon: Registration begins for poker run. $10.00 entry
    1:00pm Bikes depart for poker run

5:00 pm Biker Banquet at the Palace grand
    Tickets on sale at the front desk of the Downtown Hotel
    Steak dinnert, cash bar, lots of door prizes
    Poker run winner decided-High hand wins

9:00pm Biker games.....In front of Downtown hotel

Midnight Posting of the bikes....bring your bike and get your 08
    D2D decal
  16. White6Romeo

White6Romeo Sectum Sempre

Oddometer:
    Thank you AK rider. Ill see you guys on thursday.
  17. rpilottx

rpilottx Long timer

Oddometer:
    I posted earlier that I would try and make it to Dawson. Well, both my daughter and I spent the last week in the hospital for totally separate reasons.
    She missed her high school graduation and I missed leaving El Paso on time to make Dawson.

Anyway, the prognosis is good for both of us. She and her mom are headed to Europe for 3 weeks at which time I will leave El Paso and head north-probably Montana and Oregon.
  18. legion

legion Honking the Horn

Oddometer:
    Whoa ! Bummer... I hope you're better pdq, bud. I heard R2 was going to make it. Do you know if that's the case?

19. Hektoglider

Hektoglider One with Life

Oddometer:
    It was good to meet you up in Inuvik,we are down at Eagle Plains now, and looking forward to more great riding and meeting more of the riders this weekend.

quote=ve8nc]<table class="tborder" id="post7176353" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td class="alt1" id="td_post_7176353">Lots of bikes up here already. Lots of BMW 1150GS, 1200GS, R1200RT, KLR, a few Honda Shadow's, Harley Davison ???, a couple of Yamaha 250cc bikes, Yamaha 650 street. Lots of bikes that I have missed. We also had www.bikertv.ca up here already and they are producing two 30 minutes shows for TV. Two or three of us are heading out for Dawson on June 18.

And yes one Ford Model A with trailer.

David from Inuvik
    <!-- / message --></td></tr><tr><td class="alt2">[​IMG] </td><td class="alt1" align="right"><!-- controls --></td></tr></tbody></table>[/quote]
  20. vegasphotog

vegasphotog Las Vegas Cheechako

Oddometer:
    Just wanted to wish all Veteran and Rookie D2D motorheads a fun, safe and memorable couple of days.....I am sure history will be made and new friendships forged for life. Amazing what a damn motorcycle can do for someones personal life. :deal :evil :norton :rofl :clap