The Official D2D '08

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by Fighter, Dec 22, 2007.

1. AKDuc

AKDuc Alaska Born Ducatisti

Oddometer:
    Thanks, Roberto.

Hope to see you there again some day.

Sounds like a lot of riders are gonna be in Tok Wed night. Fun!

Mark H.
  2. Harry Swan

Harry Swan One more time

Oddometer:
    My best wishes for a great time, too! Have a blast.
  3. AKTroy

AKTroy BE AWARE OF TRAINS

Oddometer:
    Well Gail and I have officially been screwed out of enough time to do the trip this year. :ddog And Im still sitting on 700 of them funny looking bills! Oh well next year they may be worth ever more.

Ya'll have fun.
  4. Gusgus

Gusgus Banned

Oddometer:
    That sucks.

Maybe you and I and maybe some of the none going group could meet at somewhere, like Sunrise Cafe in Wasilla?

Let me know....
  5. AKTroy

Oddometer:
    I was able to secure today and tomorrow off. So I decided to surprise Gail with a two night stay on Orca Island. http://www.orcaislandgallery.blogspot.com/

Were leaving in just a few minutes. How the rest of the trip go? I'll give you a call when I get back.http
  6. legion

legion Honking the Horn

Oddometer:
    Rough Mileage Chart:

Anchorage to Palmer........... 45 miles

Palmer to Glennallen........... 140 miles

Glennallen to Tok............... 143 miles

Tok to Tetlin Junction.......... 12 miles

Tetlin Junction to Chicken.... 70 miles

Chicken to Boundary.......... 39 miles

Boundary to Dawson.......... 69 miles

Averaging 50 mph from Anchorage will put you in Tok in 6 hrs 30 mins.

Averaging 50 mph from Tok to Chicken will put you there in 1 hr 40 mins.

Averaging 30 mph from Chicken to Boundary will put you there in 1 hr 20 mins.

Averaging 35 mph from Boundary to Dawson will put you there in 2 hrs.

What's that mean? The border crossing closes at 8p and you'll gobble somewhere in the neighborhood of nine and a half hours to get there by closing. Last year I left Anchorage at 11:00a and made the border crossing about 15 minutes before it closed.

Snoozing in is not good for late leavers.
  7. friar mike

friar mike IronButtGruver

Oddometer:
    Iam out-da-here at 6:00am as you can see my post time is so get my 3.5 hours in and hit the road.
  8. Katoomer

Katoomer Silver Surfer

Oddometer:
    Friar, we waited for you in Tok. Another rider blew a rear main seal but had extra fluid and is going to limp it back to Fairbanks. Parts were on their way this morning to the Golden Bear.

Ace rolled in from Denali about 1100. We waited until noon and figured you'd be close behind us.

I'm posting this in Chicken. Dick went on to DC......we missed him by 5 minutes. Had some pie and a drink......can probably still catch the old man before the border.

We're off! See you in DC.

Katoomer
  9. helikron

helikron The Fixer

Oddometer:
    The room reservation is taken care of, so I'm grateful to have some money toward D2D '09!!

Hope everyone arrives safely and enjoys the Solstice in one of the last best places.

Katoomer, if you spot that really pretty GIMLEX engineer running around, give her a hug for me. Then, you can talk rocks.
    Thanks, buddy! :nod
    Oh, and Gabrielle, too! (Parc Canada docent who also ran some sound boards during that DCMusic Festival we hit two Julys ago)

The rest of you Fükengrüvers, AK ADVers, unwashed heathens (not including KulMom) and saviors (including KulMom) alike: have a great time!
  10. curty

curty Sum'a bitch

Oddometer:
    I'm here, it's sunny and nice to wash the gravel out of my teeth.:D
  11. alaskaOE

alaskaOE Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Out the door and on the way in 20 minutes. Hope to make dinner!
  12. thingbuilder

thingbuilder Allergic to Velcro

Oddometer:
    Rode in to Dawson for the Dust to Dawson rally.
    Rear pads went south and thought someone might have an
    extra pair. We are at Klondike Kate's, cabin 15. (no cell service)
    Kate's phone # 867-993-6527 extension 115

I realize this is a long shot but worth a try.
    Sorry for the cross post but time is short.
    r1200gs '05

thanks
  13. GRIZ

GRIZ COMMANDANT

Oddometer:
    HEY DICK, KATOOMER, HACKY & MM, FRIAR, GUS, AND WHATEVER ELSE IS THERE...HOIST ONE FOR THE "GRIZ"!!! SEE YOU LUCKY ONES IN AUG:ksteve
  14. thingbuilder

thingbuilder Allergic to Velcro

Oddometer:
  15. The Dick

The Dick The Brick Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yo Griz

The kids are all gone save for one young man on a KTM, hosted at the new Canadian HQ in fine fashion. We indeed hosted and toasted and look forward to being lucky and alive in Ten Sleep. Thought you were in Europe already?
    167 bikes in town, 136 for dinner!

Can't wait to see you bud, make sure you sleep lots before we get there! Had to bar tend in Chicken Wed nite and then these last two nites and so hitting the sack, tough shit on an old man, not old enough for that smart ass Katoomer to even come close to catching up with me with only a 5 min headstart tho.
  16. hondav2

hondav2 Kiwi Fukengruver

Oddometer:
    Its the middle of winter down under and Im thinking about all you lucky bastards , ride safe . Cheers Toddy
  17. LostAussie

LostAussie Growing Old, Not Up!

Oddometer:
  18. legion

legion Honking the Horn

Oddometer:
    Large time and everything was xlnt ! Thanks to all for making it so. :thumb

I just arrived back at the barn here in Anchortown w/ Sara. She spanked that little XT225 all the way there and back w/ no prob's save for soaked skin on the way back. The rain started in the high country somewhere north of Eureka and let up about town.

We had an unplanned late start heading toward Dawson and just missed the border crossing so had to wheel back and spend the night in Tok. To all that were worried about Sara's first ride out and the possibilities of why we might not have been there Thursday night... thanks, and sorry to have left you worrying for the night. She was safe and so were we all.

The down side is that I owe an apology to Troy and Arctic Flyer. After you guys put all that effort into the name tags, I blew it and in the confusion of arriving late... never got 'em out of the back of the truck. :bluduh

Pammie and Cherylyn made it though w/ the T-Shirts, Swag Box, Tires, Tubes, etc. Surprisingly, PC made it again on a full street FJR1300... which brings his batting average to .666 for the Taylor Highway. Thanks PC for giving Sara a taillight on the way there and the way back. And for the liner in Sheep Mountain. I was freezing my ass off and the prospect of putting on my gas soaked electric vest was mighty unattractive. I could just see how that would work once I plugged it in. ZoooOOOFFF ! :lol3
  19. AKTroy

Oddometer:
    :kboom And they turned out so good. Oh well. What can ya do. Glad your trip was a safe success.
  20. legion

legion Honking the Horn

Oddometer:
    Too true. That and the hand delivery to make sure they arrived at my house in perfect shape. I owe you one, bud. Probably a few. The names will still be good next year so I'll hotfoot these over to Fighter for safe keeping. Clearly... I'm not the right guy to be responsible for 'em and they'll be safe in the founder's secret lab.