The Official D2D '08

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by Fighter, Dec 22, 2007.

1. BARB

BARB Long timer

Oddometer:
    I forgot a couple of gift certificates and a small tank bag that a guy donated too. We'll hold those over until next year. Barb
  2. Spicy McHaggis

Spicy McHaggis Darth Peach's cracker...

Oddometer:
    Made it back today with NO PROBLEMS at all with the Ural...!!! :freaky

Anyone know what happened to KodiakFrank and MooseKiller???
  3. friar mike

friar mike IronButtGruver

Oddometer:
    Cool dude and thank's for the test ride.:thumb and I was just going to ask the same Question KF and MK to the white curtesy phone.:ear
  4. legion

legion Honking the Horn

Oddometer:
    I'm guessing that one of 'em brought the special panties and one thing led to another. They're just costumed and holed up somewhere waitin' for things to blow over. :1drink

[​IMG]
  5. friar mike

friar mike IronButtGruver

Oddometer:
    Man just the thought of that hert's my brain.:puke1 I know there is a photo out there with ak greeff thinking out side the box.
  6. Spicy McHaggis

Oddometer:
    No worries...!

Man...I took almost 500 pictures. Gonna take a few minutes to get this ride report done...:lol3
  7. beamertwin

beamertwin Paul

Oddometer:
    500 shots of 'the girls of Dawson'...cool
  8. CruisingRam

CruisingRam Frankenbike builder

Oddometer:
    We made it, but a day late I am afraid. Only the broken KTM and Dick's bike in front of the hotel when I got there! Got hung up in fairbanks over a beat tire. Bummer. Did get to meet up with a couple of the D2d-ers at Tok when we returned from Dawson on Saturday- thanks to Hacky and company for thier hospitality in the Tok campground!

We crossed the Yukon on the ferry at 2pm Saturday- after seeing many D2d-ers going the other way, sadly enough- we hit Chicken at 8pm Friday night- too late to cross the border! We left on the ferry at 4pm from Dawson- rolled into Tok around 11-ish Saturday night. It was cool- we got to see the setting of the solstice sun from around 40mile ridge- awesome views, let me tell you!
  9. legion

legion Honking the Horn

Oddometer:
    Did Doug make it back to get his ATK and then back to Anchorage? He wasn't jazzed about putting it in the back of the Taco as the canopy & bed is pretty small and the beating would've not been pretty. :ear
  10. BARB

BARB Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes, he made it home at 4 PM yesterday. Thanks for hauling him to Tok. Barb
  11. White6Romeo

White6Romeo Sectum Sempre

Oddometer:
    Ok first off thanks to all those who attended for making my first D2D as awesome as it was. The whole D2D thing was talked up big to me by a whole lot of people and I have to say that my expectations were met and exceeded.

It was great to put faces and names to ADV handles. Finaly getting a chance to meet and talk with all of you reminds me why I ride the way I ride, why I go where I go and why I keep doing it time and time again.

My ride to Dawson 2 up with my girlfriend Alida went very well. She and I had a great time and Im pretty sure you can expect us there next year as well.

After Dawson we rode out to Eagle and spent a couple days there. She stayed with her family there and I continued on to return to Fairbanks to get my last few things in order before I leave for my Xcountry trip back to New York.

Again thanks to everyone for being you. Ill see you guys on the road or next year at Dawson. :freaky

Ride Sally Ride!!!!

Squoose (Travis)
  12. AKDuc

AKDuc Alaska Born Ducatisti

Oddometer:
    It was great meeting you and Alida too, Travis. :thumb

Please give her a very big thank you for doing the 2up bike games with our buddy Jim. We haven't seen him THAT happy and having so much fun in a long time! Awesome.

[​IMG]

Hope you have a great trip to NY. And hope to see you too in Dawson next year.

Take care and have fun, Mark H.
  13. vegasphotog

vegasphotog Las Vegas Cheechako

Oddometer:
    I think we have a D2D groupie in da house.... LOL
  14. Spicy McHaggis

Oddometer:
    Travis, it was great meeting the two of you. Get that girl registered on ADV and get her a moto!!!

Here she is with me in the Ural...
    [​IMG]
  15. White6Romeo

White6Romeo Sectum Sempre

Oddometer:
    I just talked to Alida a little while ago and I think she'll be creating an account on ADV soon. I hope she goes with the handle "SideCarBlonde". It just sounds like an ADV name dosnt it?

Anyway Iam pretty sure I had her convinced to get a moto soon but I dont know if shes gonna go through with it. Shes got school and fish camp and all kinds of stuff going on this summer. It dosnt leave alot of time to learn how to ride.

I will be leaving Fairbanks this Saterday morning to head down to Haines to catch my ferry down to washington then on to Cali, then New York a while after that. I will be sure to post a ride report about my travels around the country. So far as planned my trip will be 5500 miles around the US. I'll be on the road for about 3 weeks or so.

You guys can bet your bottom dollar that if I can get the time off next summer I will definatly be riding from New York to Dawson for D2D 09. I just got back and Iam already excited about next year!

You guys take care!
  16. Spicy McHaggis

Oddometer:
    What time do you come in to Juneau from Haines? Let me know via PM or email...

Spicy
  17. One Eye Mike

One Eye Mike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Had an absolute blast, the ride to and from was awesome! Went to Eagle on the way back to Tok. Anyone else? How'd you like that fresh loose gravel? Good times! Took alot of photos, like this one outside the hotel at 1AM. Crazy looking sky. :D

Attached Files:

18. One Eye Mike

Oddometer:
    This is from the top of the Dome around 1:30AM.

Attached Files:

19. One Eye Mike

Oddometer:
    And if you look a bit to the right...... Sunset over the Yukon.

Attached Files:

20. One Eye Mike

Oddometer:
    Strom rider on Discovery Loop Road.

Attached Files: