The Official D2D '08

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by Fighter, Dec 22, 2007.

1. One Eye Mike

One Eye Mike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    F650 Dakar on the loop road during the poker run.

Attached Files:

2. One Eye Mike

Oddometer:
    Awesome!

Attached Files:

3. One Eye Mike

Oddometer:
    I took alot of pics on this trip, especially during the games. If anyone is interested in any photos I may have of you, PM me and tell me who you are, I probably have a shot or two I can email to you. Thanks again to everyone who organized this non-rally, and look foeward to seeing you again next year. :D

Attached Files:

4. The Dick

The Dick The Brick Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hola Everyone

Next years D2D will be June 18 and 19. Next year, Dawson City is hosting the premiers of Canada meeting on the same weekend! The town will be full! If you have any plans or are just thinking of coming, MAKE RESERVATIONS! where ever you like to stay. If you wait even until late this summer, you will not find a place to sleep!

No whining next spring if you phone to find rooms and there are non available, the Dick has warned you and will not listen to all the bullshit, "Oh, waaa, I didn't know".
  5. GRIZ

GRIZ COMMANDANT

Oddometer:
    LET IT BE KNOWN THAT THE COMMANDANT AND HIS BRIDE ARE LEAVING FOR OUR EURO-HOOKUP WITH USXGS, PTERO, AND OUR KIDS! I'M LEAVING FITE IN CHARGE OF NORTH AMERICA FOR A COUPLA' WEEKS. WHICH HAS A BETTER RING TO IT...ARE WE GOING TO BE EURODACTYLS OR PTEROPEANS???:eatmeWTF?!?
  6. friar mike

friar mike IronButtGruver

Oddometer:
    Good luck gentlmen.:devildog
  7. vegasphotog

vegasphotog Las Vegas Cheechako

Oddometer:
    Hey Mike...

Great pix....looks like your are ready for a www.smugmug.com account.....:rilla
  8. Akpolarcruiser

Akpolarcruiser n00b

Oddometer:
    Just wanted to say to the folks that didnt organize this
    "No @#$@#$ Rally" did a great job. Cherilyn and I had a great time. Enjoyed meeting a lot of new faces. Hope everybody got home safely. Should see you again next year.

Akpolarcruiser and wife
  9. The Dick

Oddometer:
    OH, MY GOD, GRIZ, does that authority include the Canadian Division HQ, I am not sure I can handle that.

Fite's diplomacy is somewhat suspect since he deferred attending the D2D and the official unvieling of the new Ptero HQ.

Have an awesome trip, take no prisoners and see you on Aug 2nd. I will do my best to keep the cross border quarrels to a minimum but keep my powder packed.

All the best and to Mrs. Commandant! Have fun.
  10. MotoMamma

MotoMamma Living Life

Oddometer:
    :clap :clap
    Have a wonderful vacation:norton

11. warp7

warp7 Hayflats Flyer

Oddometer:
    After years of tryin' to make it, I finally shucked my committments for a few days and made the great ride to Dawson. I really enjoyed meeting so many new friends, and seeing ones I had not seen for several years. It was really a great time, and it exceeded my wildest expectations!

Thanks Katoomer for the great company on the way up, and to all of the organizers...even though you are "not all that organized." Great Job! :clap

I took a lot of pictures, and as I go through them, I will post them...if anyone sees ones they like, let me know, and we can set you up with some copies. Thanks again to everyone, I hope you all have arrived or will arrive back to your final destinations safe, sound, and as happy as I was to have been there for D2D 2008.

Attached Files:

12. warp7

warp7 Hayflats Flyer

Oddometer:
    For those who were not there, this picture was taken from an upper level box at the Grand Palace Theater, a beautiful old opera house.
  13. warp7

warp7 Hayflats Flyer

Oddometer:
    Sorry, I didn't get the picture properly attached last post. My file size was too big.

Attached Files:

14. warp7

warp7 Hayflats Flyer

Oddometer:
    Sign on the front of the Downtown Dawson Hotel...

Attached Files:

15. The Dick

Oddometer:
    Okay, how the hell do you post photos from a mac onto a reply such as this.

Sorry, it is a challenge which I won't face because I might hurt my computer, can't go there and don't enjoy getting mad.

2nd reminder, if you are even thinking of coming next year, book a room somewhere, most places will let you cancel 24hrs out with no penalty. How easy is that and then you don't have to join the whining band.

Don, the Kiwi on the DR650, made it back from Inuvik today, road rash, fender rash and windscreen gone but big mother ass grin on his face, "Now that's a real true challenge mate!" Ryan out of town this morning with a fine running KTM 950 after treatment in the Canadian Ptero HQ hospital and online assistance.

Every day, looks like another D2D is arriving, lots of bikes making or returning from the Dempster damage.
  16. ak greeff

ak greeff fukengreeffen

Oddometer:
    dick, click on the image(select) you wish to upload. click file, then export. export the file as a jpeg in a medium size. then when you click paper clip on advrider. it asks you to chosse a file from your computer. if you name the file it will be easier to identify from you list of photos. like this
    see dick's deck
  17. ak greeff

ak greeff fukengreeffen

Oddometer:
    see pussy on dick's deck.

thanx again dick for all the help and the acomidations give me a holler if i can help out in any way from my end. greeffinak@gci.net
  18. Katoomer

Katoomer Silver Surfer

Oddometer:
    Glad to see you're back! Hated to leave you on the near side of the river but I knew Dick would have the resources to deal with the issue. Better to have turned back to trouble shoot than to have a total breakdown on the trail.

Had a great time in DC and enjoyed our conversations at the Midnight Sun along with Dick and Jim. Give a shout if you need anything. The Pterodactyl/Gruver Clubhaus is well equipped to handle the mechanical chores......of course my shop rate is lower than Friars........that is because he actually knows what the hell he's doing! :lol3 :lol3 I can offer only rudimentary tire/oil changes and sage advice.:evil :evil

Give a shout or drop by and we'll compare notes on the nine-fiddys.

Katoomer
    726-5907
  19. ak greeff

ak greeff fukengreeffen

Oddometer:
    larry, it was a good learning experience for me. there's a bunch more plumbing not needed on the 950. im going to order some blanking plates. soon. has you sas and epc valve been removed?
  20. legion

legion Honking the Horn

Oddometer:
    I put a check valve in the breather tube of your bike a couple three years ago. Keeps the scrode in the crankcase from backfeeding into the carbs when the engine leans over to far. Like uh, on it's side kind of far.