The Official Triumph Speed Twin thread

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by knine, Oct 23, 2018.

1. FranknStein7

FranknStein7 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I’m of the opinion that any bike with throttle by wire should have cruise control. Even if it’s just a single button that would be fine (I think that’s what the Bonneville’s have). It’s a standard feature on cars now, and I think it should be standard on bikes. Some of us like to ‘go the distance’ on our bikes (regardless of the style of bike), and cruise control adds a lot of comfort and helps to avoid speeding. BMW, KTM, and Aprilia include it on almost all their bikes at this point. I wish others would follow suite.
    drumdog and Florida Lime like this.
  2. Shep

Shep Vagabond Supporter

Oddometer:
    I’ll pile on to the cruise control disappointment. I used to see no value in it, until I had it (and I got old!). I never buy any bike without thinking about using it for taking trips of some length...just how I use bikes. The Speed Twin is on my short list to replace my Street Scrambler. Cruise would have pushed me to the new one. On the bright side, they just saved me a bunch of money because if I do decide to buy one I will just be searching for a lightly used previous model.
    Motonirvana likes this.
  3. Shep

Shep Vagabond Supporter

Oddometer:
    Took a second demo ride on the Speed Twin. I’m pretty sold on it as a replacement for my Street Scrambler. I’m getting ready to have my neck operated on in a couple weeks and I’m not allowed to ride for several weeks after, so it will probably be closer to September before I can actually bring one home.
    2B18037D-9796-486F-A4F6-15AC5563E5A8.jpeg
    Philthy64, Rick G, LexLeroy and 6 others like this.
  4. JeffPM

JeffPM Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm thinking of moving on from my Triumph Tiger 800 and strongly considering a Speed Twin. I haven't seen a lot of luggage options apart from tail packs and tank bags. What other options are available? Also, does Triumph provide a heated handgrip kit?
  5. Florida Lime

Florida Lime Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Florida, but soon fulltime in Robbinsville, NC
    Yes, Triumph has a heated grip kit.
    The only luggage options Triumph offers are a couple tank bags, so you need to check the aftermarket for luggage.
    JeffPM likes this.
  6. Tytan

Tytan Been here awhile

Oddometer:

SW Motech have the Blaze saddlebags with removable pannier supports.

https://sw-motech.com/en/bike/TRIUM...ts/luggage/saddlebags/BLAZE/4052572200162.htm
    JeffPM likes this.