The Pacific Crest Quest

Discussion in 'Americas' started by R-dubb, Aug 18, 2003.

1. matteo

matteo Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I found this thread and I'm left hanging. I know this is more than a year old, but this effort was done way before I learned about this forum.

I used the search tool looking for Pacific Crest Quest both in this forum and the trip report and couldn't find anything. I'm pretty sure the search tool isn't working since it didn't even find this thread.

Anyway... Is there a trip report for this quest?

I'm a noob when it comes to the off road adventure riding. I'd like to learn about some of the more tame parts of this ride. :ear
  2. richard cabesa

richard cabesa The Mayor Supporter

Oddometer:
  3. R-dubb

R-dubb Dubbious Adventurer

Oddometer:
    If you search the whole site for Pacific Crest, it comes up just fine.

Which area do you want to start in? There is a very easy and beautiful section running north from Lassen Park to SR299. Its only about three hours of trails and mostly flat. There is also a very nice and fairly long section all the way from Hwy120 to SR4. I think we covered that in about six hours on Day Five. Not too tough but it is remote and hilly.

Do you have a GPS? If so I can put together some tracks for you. I think the down load link for the tracks I posted previously may be broken.

-dubb
  4. matteo

matteo Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    dubb
    I would be looking for some of tame trails in the central to north California region. Like sections from Yosemite to Lassen. Even as far as the Oregon boarder. Work and family would prevent, or at least inhibit, my doing more distant trails.

I plan to get GPS soon (does Santa read this forum?), so GPS coordinates would be great.
    Thanks for putting together this amazing adventure. It was great to read the preparations, build up, and the ride itself.

matteo
  5. 8Superman

8Superman Shut up and RIDE!!

Oddometer:
    Sorry to bring this back from the dead, but I was looking at the pacific crest trail and from what I found, they only allow hikers and horses. Is this right?
  6. R-dubb

Oddometer:
    Holy shit batman, go back to Post #1, pg 1. The first two pargraphs deal with that subject entirely. :deal
  7. R-dubb

Oddometer:
  8. 1200gsceej

1200gsceej wanabee overachiever

Oddometer:
    There is a book that outlines the paved version. It is called Bicycling the Pacific Coast Trail, or something close to that. I have it and have been thinking about when/how I could get it done.
    -ceej
  9. Enzo the Snit

Enzo the Snit Knows hawk from handsaw..

Oddometer:
    I've been skimming through trying to find out what dates you did the ride, Rdubb. Fill me in? I haven't found it yet...:ear
  10. Jean-Luc

Jean-Luc Throttle committed

Oddometer:
    We did the ride in the first 2 weeks of July...