The Quota thread

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by Nessman, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Kt-88

Kt-88 I like everything.

Oddometer:
    Ha, yes- we stopped to warm up there after riding Provo Canyon and getting a bit chilly by the reservoir.

If you want to have a Great North American Quota Assembly, I’d be into that!
  2. nick949eldo

nick949eldo Long timer

Oddometer:
    From an early March ride. 20190315_132928.jpg 20190312_143905.jpg 20190312_143009.jpg 20190312_135413.jpg
  3. Kt-88

Kt-88 I like everything.

Oddometer:
    Looking great!
  4. khristopher

khristopher Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I had the same issue; if I stick my hand underneath and prevent the cable from turning/looping, it now resets properly
  5. khristopher

khristopher Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Gravelthinking likes this.
  6. nick949eldo

nick949eldo Long timer

Oddometer:
    Second hand from an inmate of Wildguzzi. I'd never really understood why people spend a fortune on Russel Daylongs and Corbins. Now I do. Worth every penny.
    khristopher likes this.
  7. auto

auto Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Pretty sure I sold you the seat.It was way too tall for me,glad your enjoying it. Hopefully I can break my quota out this weekend. Toying with the idea of lasing up a 19" front wheel if anyone has a front wheel to sell.
    nick949eldo likes this.
  8. Gravelthinking

Gravelthinking Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What brand is it?
  9. khristopher

khristopher Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Putting it out there - universe, send me someone willing to sell a tall Quota seat :clap
  10. Kt-88

Kt-88 I like everything.

Oddometer:
    Hey all- planning on riding my Quota from SLC to Key West and back this summer. Aside from routine maintenance, fluids, tires, etc- any collective advice on trip prep?

I imagine I’ll look at splines and bring some extra cables.

Attached Files:

Gravelthinking and khristopher like this.
  11. khristopher

khristopher Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Anyone have any luck lowering pegs? I remember reading a while back about R1150 pegs fitting IIRC...
  12. asquaredgray

asquaredgray Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Took the Quota out on some two track today. My first time off road on it. I’m really surprised at how sure footed it felt, even on rocky / loose boulder sections. Can’t wait to go back and do more. IMG_0876.jpg
  13. twowings

twowings Comfortably Numb... Supporter

Oddometer:
    They are coolness personified...love 'em!
    asquaredgray and nick949eldo like this.
  14. 68bitsa

68bitsa n00b

Oddometer:
    Nice pic. I have a couple quotas for sale in the flea market if you know anyone who might be interested.

Attached Files:

asquaredgray likes this.
  15. khristopher

khristopher Adventurer

Oddometer:
    In a sudden twist of fate (and no shortage of my motorcycle ADHD flaring up), I got a cracking deal on a Tiger 1050 and will let go of my Quota. Wanted to post here first in case anyone wanted a second bike/spare. Located near Durham/Chapel Hill, NC.

Overview. 47kmiles, 19in front wheel, Mistral intake, gorgeous champagne/blue scheme. All oils changed in the past year as well as tires and valve clearances checked/adjusted within the year. By no stretch of the imagination is she a show pony. I'm a PhD student and my motorcycle(s) are my primary transport. I've taken the Q motocamping, rode through a hurricane, and commuted on her. She shows her age and drips some oil when running and the tank has ugly peeling paint near the top (which I've artfully covered with a tank bag). Indicators/turn signals are not required for motorcycles in NC and PO removed them for some reason. Never got around to plugging them in but the leads are there. Not selling with bicycle rack or Givi pannier rack unless buyer really absolutely insists on paying more for them. Comes with extra seat and gustaffson short windscreen.

I'll post on flea market, FB group, and craigslist in a week or so.

Cheers,
    Khris

quota7.JPG quota9.JPG quota10.JPG quota11.JPG
    twowings, Gravelthinking and Kt-88 like this.
  16. asquaredgray

asquaredgray Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'd love a spare. Wish I had the extra cash laying around and a way to get it to Oregon. Good luck on the sale!
  17. asquaredgray

asquaredgray Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Been busy with the maintenance and minor mods the last couple of weeks. Completed most of the spring maintenance routine (oil change, valve adjustments...still need to do the gear box and final drive oil). Replaced the awful stock headlight with a unit from an MZ Skorpion; it's an exact fit replacement and uses H4 bulbs. Good riddance to that awful thing they sent over on the US bikes.

2019-06-02 11.33.50.jpg

I've been having trouble with the shift linkage assembly...I've had to fix it on the side of the road several times. I've not heard of anyone else having this issue, but the actuator lever that clamps to the splines on the end of the foot lever shaft kept working itself off. I learned to carry the tools to fix it on the side of the road...but that should never happen in the first place. So, I pinned the assembly with a cotter pin. At least now I don't have be paranoid that I'm suddenly going to be unable to shift in the middle of an intersection (or out in the boonies).

2019-06-02 14.12.33-1.jpg

2019-06-02 14.29.57.jpg
    Lastly, I was hoping that new gaskets (and replacing a missing pan bolt) would cure an oil leak I've been trying to isolate. No such luck. But, with a clean case I was finally able to pinpoint the source after a short ride this afternoon. Looks like the front main seal is leaking. Part on order. Project for next weekend (or maybe the weekend after if I'm lazy).

2019-06-02 17.56.13.jpg

Attached Files:

twowings and Mr. Vintage like this.
  18. guzzitony

guzzitony Guzton

Oddometer:
    20190603_162928.jpg so i pulled the forks apart today, does this look right? 1 .that massive 50mm long alloy spacer on bottom of centre rod, and 2. both those small springs 20mm & 30mm were on the centre rod when taken out of the staunchion ( so above the bottom of staunchion)

anybody? cheers Tony
  19. auto

auto Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My Quota's shifting was getting a bit loud and clunky.I put some redline heavy and some Luqi Moly gear friction reducer in.Much improved! As for your fork question,looks like a extra topout spring was added.If you look at a parts diagram you should see if a spring was added.They might of been trying to pull the front end a bit lower.
    asquaredgray likes this.
  20. guzzitony

guzzitony Guzton

Oddometer:
    cheers auto, that would make sense as the staunchions have been lifted 25mm above the top triple clamp and my sidestand has been shortened 32mm . this bikes exUSA. i'd love to have a chat with the PO just to find out whats been done, rather than finding out whats been done.

i've got no problem with people modifying their bikes (i'm in a glasshouse here) but if you move it on it's really nice if you let the new owner know. my beemer had a novel with it.

i have a parts diagram but it's quite vague in that area.