The Quota thread

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by Nessman, Mar 22, 2007.

1. jetpoweredmonkey

jetpoweredmonkey Copilot: GSD Sharpe

Oddometer:
    I believe all you would need to change clutch parts is a pilot tool for about five bucks.
  2. auto

auto Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    There is a splined centering plug that is needed to align the plates.When I did mine,took the motor to a shop and they lined things up. The trans slipped right in then.
  3. ClintToris

ClintToris Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks guys,

I believe these are the same thing (referring to the pics I posted). I guess you can buy a fancy one for $68 or try and make my own. I read all the big twins share the same parts for over 40 years (that's quite nice of them). I guess I'll order the parts and take a trip to the hardware store. Should be interesting tearing it all apart. Screenshot_20190928-114737_Chrome.png

Attached Files:

4. khristopher

khristopher Adventurer

Oddometer:
  5. Blueboarhound

Blueboarhound Adventurer

Oddometer:
  6. usedtobefast

usedtobefast Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wow, two Quotas in one trip! Great job.
  7. usedtobefast

usedtobefast Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So I've put ~1000 miles on my new to me Quota now. What a wonderful motorcycle! A bit strange that I like it better than my Racer or my Griso!

At first I was all worried about everything ... then I gave up the worrying and have just been riding. Yes it leaks a bit of oil. And I have no idea if all the venting hose stuff is dumping rust into my engine. And I can't reset my trip meter. One day I'll get back to all that. :-)

The new Avon tires have been great. I bought a Hepco & Becker top case for it ... then found out the stock Quota rack is not a Hepco & Becker compatible rack ... then ordered an adapter plate ... so now I have mounted up. Oh, and new grips.

So I'm about ready to try a multi day trip on the Q ... gotta wait for the Northern CA weather conditions to get better and then head out. Might go the SLO direction.
    Mr. Vintage likes this.
  8. auto

auto Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A bit of a end of the season ride with my son.Went up top Sandy Hook state park NJ IMG_7697[1].JPG . Little chilly on the ride home
  9. HighwayChile

HighwayChile greetings from Wa state

Oddometer:
    ive had to work so not much Q time. that will change next year.