The Quota thread

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by Nessman, Mar 22, 2007.

1. captain jc

captain jc Earthrider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks,
    I remembered mgcycle and saw that new master.
    Prolly just go that route.
    Getting the bike ready to sell or trade. It only has 10,000 miles on it and needs to ridden. I have too many other bikes and projects to do it justice.
  2. auto

auto Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a few left over bits from my Quota. Manual fuel cocks,Power commander,Dual headlight fairing and custom gel insert seat.PM me for pics and prices.
  3. CanadianGS

CanadianGS GS'n

Oddometer:
    First of all, install a voltmeter, you're gonna need it! This is what I use. All these big ADV bikes deserve heated grips, and this is one of the best setups I've found. Plug and play aside from adapting to your
    PM sent
  4. Naotsugu

Naotsugu Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello again everyone! Just wanted to give an update. My Quota is back on the road! New rear main and transmission seals, updated breather system like mentioned on this old tractor and Patrick, (? Going from a highly suspect memory) new clutch rod o-rings, new clutch discs, all tune up items, manual petcocks, crash bars, upgraded headlight to Yamaha FZR with led, upgraded almost all fuel hoses, and installed two rpm sensors because the first would fail when the bike would warm up. That had me pulling my hair out!!! Anyways, here is a pic of bike as of today
    I took it out for a shake down ride today and all was good. However, I took it on a dirt road and I remembered why I’ve never gotten an adv style bike. I hate dirt when on a bike! I’ve never owned a dirt bike and really am uncomfortable with the slip sliding sensation that I experience on dirt. Any suggestions? Or just go out and ride it and after a few dump overs get over my discomfort?
    Thanks everyone!

Attached Files:

5. jetpoweredmonkey

jetpoweredmonkey Copilot: GSD Sharpe

Oddometer:
    Looking good! You could try a more aggressive tire, many of the new generation ADV tires are great on the road. But you always pay a penalty in life span. Mainly just get used to that big beast sliding around under you!
    Naotsugu likes this.
  6. auto

auto Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Maybe that 19" front wheel is fighting you a bit. Nice feeling when you finally come out on top.You deserve the win with all you fought with.
    Naotsugu likes this.
  7. Naotsugu

Naotsugu Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What size risers bolts do the Quotas use? My risers and bars are kinda bent from a PO. I’ve getting a used pro taper bar, just need to know what risers to get. Thanks
  8. auto

auto Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The Quota I just sold had Stelvio risers on it,worked well
    Naotsugu likes this.
  9. captain jc

captain jc Earthrider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Who makes and where did you get the crash bars?
    Thanks
  10. Naotsugu

Naotsugu Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hepco and Becker makes them. I got them from auto when he sold them off his Quota.
  11. jetpoweredmonkey

Oddometer:
    I went to the hardware store with my old bolts, bought longer ones and some thick washers to raise the bars up a little and keep them from contacting the tank. Pretty cheap mod!
    Naotsugu likes this.
  12. CanadianGS

CanadianGS GS'n

Oddometer:
    My new 2000 Guzzi Quota. 5275B38F-E5D3-401C-B695-45C168348C3B.jpeg
    Kt-88, Mr. Vintage, Naotsugu and 2 others like this.
  13. jetpoweredmonkey

Oddometer:
    Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

I've seen that Prancing Moose Quota somewhere in this thread before...
    CanadianGS likes this.
  14. jetpoweredmonkey

Oddometer:
    #@$@#!

I posted a while back that I pulled the Q out of storage, just been busy with work, the battery went flat after over discharging due to a bad regulator. Bought a new regulator and a new Yuasa battery from Amazon. Well I got a couple of rides in and had it on and off the tender for maybe two months. $80 battery is dead as a doornail. The bike doesn't have a voltage leak anymore, something broke in the battery and it shows 0.3V after sitting for days.

Pro tip - don't buy Yuasa batteries anymore, and especially don't buy them from Amazon. This is the second brand new Yuasa in my life recently that has gone dead as a doornail - another in a UTV at work. There is no warranty on Yuasa other than what your dealer might see fit to provide. For a "premium" brand that used to stand for good quality, that is unacceptable. I'll write them a polite but disgruntled email but will be shocked if I get a reply.

Next one I put in will be a WestCo 12V13L from Euro Motoelectrics. At least it comes with a 12 month warranty. I've used them in my various BMWs for years and never a problem.
    Kt-88 likes this.
  15. auto

auto Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Couple years ago my odyssey battery went dead flat on a trip. Went to Autozone and bought one of there AGM gold batteries that kind of fit. That battery worked great,was swapping it into another bike too. It was in it when I sold my Quota. I'll would buy from them again and see.
  16. jetpoweredmonkey

Oddometer:
    Well I emailed Yuasa and they came through! New battery shipping out to me at no charge. The rep said they do offer a warranty, it's just normally handled by dealers and online shopping complicates everything. He was super professional, responsive and quick to respond. Yuasa gets the gold star after all.
    Kt-88, Naotsugu and auto like this.
  17. Kt-88

Kt-88 I like everything.

Oddometer:
    Does anyone have an off-the-top-of-your-head source for the little half turn screw things that hold on the rear bodywork? One of mine went missing last ride.
  18. jay pc

jay pc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    They're called Dzus fasteners, they come in different versions, probably most convenient to search at a hardware source you're familiar with.
    Kt-88 likes this.
  19. HighwayChile

HighwayChile greetings from Wa state

Oddometer:
    or auto part stores or amazon
    Kt-88 likes this.
  20. Kt-88

Kt-88 I like everything.

Oddometer:
    Thanks guys. I’d previously known what they were called.. and have rebooted a time or two since then, and probably lost all of it. Cheers!