" THE ROOST STOPS HERE " Headlight Shields

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Rockgarden Bob, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Rockgarden Bob

Rockgarden Bob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So I've been making these Headlight Shields for years and putting them on my bikes and some of my riding buddies. After replacing several "Roosted" broken headlights, I tried the wire guards they worked pretty well but got a broken headlight riding down in Death Valley on a XR 650R. The replacement Baja Designs lens was only $45 but what really sucked is that I had to ride the last 10 miles into town in the dark. Also tried some super thick plastic film that sticks directly to the headlight, first rock bigger than a BB put an end to that. So anyway The Roost Stops Here Headlight Shields are the answer, I've never had a broken headlight since I've started using them. I've replaced a few, after years of use they can get kind of scratched up the same as goggle lenses. There made from Polycarbonate, (Lexan/Makrolon) which the manufactures claim to be 250 times stronger that glass. I heat form them to exceed the curve of the headlight lens and attach them with hook and loop dots. This holds the shield 1/8" to 1/4" away from the headlight lens to give a good buffer zone from the impact of rocks your buddies so casually fire at you. The hook and loop makes for easy on and off for cleaning both the headlight and the shield. So far I'm making them for these models, DR 650, DRZ/KLX 400 $16.95, any 4" X6 3/8" rectangular lens these fit most years of XL and XRL 650 $15.95, any 3 3/8" X 5" rectangular lens these fit all the Baja Designs dual sport light kits plus most KTM EXCs 2007,Yamaha WR 250R, etc. etc. and earlier plus many more $14.95. I'll be adding more models as I get feedback from riders. Here's a link to purchase them. http://shop.ironmandualsport.com/category.sc?categoryId=125 feel free to PM me or send me an email at bob@ironmandualsport.com if you have any questions at all about the shields. Thanks Bob

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Foot dragger

Foot dragger singletracker

Oddometer:
    Yup,these babies stop roost joost fine,I figured out the glass part of the headlight on my DRZ is well over 100.00 and breaks easy. Good to protect em!