The Scrapheap Adventure Ride 2010

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Pezz_gs, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Pezz_gs

Pezz_gs Cant ride for crap

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

G'day One & All
    It gives me great pleasure to launch the 2010 Scrapheap Adventure Ride
    :freaky
    Visit: www.scrapheapadventure.com.au :deal

I have a 6 year old daughter, Grace, who has Down Syndrome. This event is a fundraiser for the Down Syndrome Association of NSW. This organisation rerpresents all of these special people and their families accross NSW.

This will be a FUN event run over Easter 2010 at Wanaaring NSW 200k's west of Bourke. Rules are pretty simple. Get an old bike for under $1000. Fix it up and ride to the Outback Hotel. There wil be more information posted as it comes to hand.

The pub is booked for the Saturday Night April 3rd and will have available: Evening meal for $25-30 being a campoven and Breakfast for around $12-15. We will be having prizes and trophy's and a raffle as well.

Feel free to PM me if you need any more information. tREV is building a 'NEW' RZ350 monster and riding down from Townsville. We have had interest from SA and Melbourne as well. I am building up a CB400/4.

Book On-line and pay your suggested donation
    <link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CPerry%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C03%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Tahoma; panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:1627421319 -2147483648 8 0 66047 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:Tahoma; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --</style>of $100.

If you dont want to build a bike and want to attend please just donate on the site. We will be using the registrations to plan for meals, fuel availability ect.
    <link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CPerry%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" name="State"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" name="country-region"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" name="place"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" name="City"></o:smarttagtype>
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Tahoma; panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:1627421319 -2147483648 8 0 66047 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:Tahoma; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:35.4pt; mso-footer-margin:35.4pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. TouringDave

TouringDave Tri Moto Veritas

Oddometer:
    You're mad.

:D
  3. Pezz_gs

Oddometer:
    Dave

It will be interesting to see how many turn up on Posties.

They are the mad ones :deal
  4. tHEtREV

tHEtREV Encouragement award recipient. tEAM iDIOT.

Oddometer:
    I'm looking really forward to this:evil
  5. God of Speed

God of Speed brrraaaaAAAAAAAP

Oddometer:
    looks like my $700 katana now has a meaning in life!

wooooooooot

:freaky
  6. davorallyfan

davorallyfan Commonist

Oddometer:
    Sent the link to my clubs news group and to Aigor events page
  7. Turborob

Turborob .

Oddometer:
    What a bloody great idea.

I'm likely to attend.
  8. Rev Tiny

Rev Tiny Twisted Archer

Oddometer:
    this looks cool will have to start looking around
  9. Pezz_gs

Oddometer:
    Inspiration here: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=330726

Can you please send links to this thread your friends and and aquaintances.

Maybe get a group together :deal

A couple of ideas for you: K100's are pretty cheap these days :evil
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

or

[​IMG]

Note: Pics lifted of various threads on Advrider
  10. JBtourer

JBtourer Long timer

Oddometer:
    You've got me interested!

Now, what to buy,what to buy?

cheers

JBtourer
  11. FatBoyCrash

FatBoyCrash Buckle up SpankY!!

Oddometer:
    Team fatboy is over this like a rash..

I'm thinking the odder the better. Suzuki ER185?? Posties are cheating??? 50cc scooters??
  12. KTM_Paul

KTM_Paul Sans KTM

Oddometer:
    I may be going at this arse about face but I'm looking for a bike and if I find one that fits the bill I'll enter :evil
  13. KLEaner

KLEaner Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :clap yippeee - clean the carby on my $600 '81 XT 250 - get tyres, a greenslip and rego - register online - then awaaayyyy we gooooo!!!!

Hmmm - maybe a camchain may be in order... there's enough time...
  14. desert dog

desert dog scrub basher

Oddometer:
    :wings Scrub Basher :rayof

:ricky 1983; HONDA XLX 250R, $400 31/10/09 :tb
    [​IMG]

I need to rego the beast then lookout.......:deal

22,764 kms. on the clock and the bike has been for a lap round the front yard........:eek1

now for the total rebuild...........:knary

:scratch Been thinking about putting together a 'rally team' style thing
    'multiple riders' and mechanics, team managers and cheerleader's etc.......

:freaky just to up the $$$$$'s and make it into a travelling 'circus' with support 4WD and booze & swag 'camping' etc. :lol3

cheers Matty

PS. fatboy ya gonna need sumfing fast...............:wink:
  15. Pezz_gs

Oddometer:
    It would be great if you could also post pics of your intended builds :evil

More inspiration for you.

[​IMG]
  16. philth

philth www.motorbikin.com.au

Oddometer:
    hey pezz, we were looking at running the hardcore posties around april... might be able to roll it into your ride

Attached Files:

17. Pezz_gs

Oddometer:
    That would be great Philth, the more the merrier :freaky
  18. OldDog

OldDog non impediti ratione cogitationis

Oddometer:
    Hmmm well if the behaviour of these postie chaps as seen on the Motorbikn dvds is anything to go by Pezz we'll have to get to the pub first to have any chance of getting a beer.
    I'm still undecided about what to bring, or if i'll even have the time to make it due to my work constraints (building a winder and headframe etc). I'm sure i won't be able to get the TS running in time, so i'm after something pre-built, maybe a nice little CB250 or similar.

Wonder if i could get hold of an old VF1000 and put some knobbies on it? Should get me a free trip in an ambulance pretty quick i should think:rofl
  19. Pezz_gs

Oddometer:
    OldDog

How about a Westlake Suzuki GT550 with a Difazio front end :evil

[​IMG]
  20. trussell

trussell Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This is a great idea Pezz, and a worthwhile cause, i have been wanting to do up an old bike for a while, so after reading this thread (and a few others) have been doing a fair bit of searching.

i reckon a mid sized twin cylinder road bike would be the go, how does a Yammy XS400 sound, fits the bill and theres one on ebay that i am bidding on, (hint hint) see how i go.

cheers

Truss