The slow ride home - Canada to Australia on a pair of CT110 Honda Postie Bikes

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by tncpowell, Jan 24, 2016.

1. tncpowell

tncpowell Long timer

Oddometer:
    Todd the postie man indeed! It could be fun. I will get a pic for you next time I have the stator cover off. It means that I have to remove the footpegs to do it. I think the Lifan stator and flywheel is very similar to many other chinese bikes. It may be a fairly standard sized part?

I really do hope that I get a look in at the Uluru Ranger job. It makes me feel excited! Heres hopin! That job living in that cabin sounds greta. Ill come do it! Haha
  2. tncpowell

tncpowell Long timer

Oddometer:
    Don't you worry, we miss Mexico!
    Romero likes this.
  3. tncpowell

tncpowell Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wow. Thank you so much for the HUGE compliments Dean! That is truly awesome of you to say. There are a few pics from this trip we will get printed for our nomadic bus life, that's after we finish the biking, and the salt flats one is definitely one we will hang on the wall.

Part one is done! But part two is already in the planning stage. Well as much as we plan anything anyway
  4. tncpowell

tncpowell Long timer

Oddometer:
    Heres the video of our leg across the centre of Australia. Red dirt, corrugations, caves and ghost towns. Beautiful!

10ecjed, biker7one, Bike2Hike and 3 others like this.
  5. RedDogAlberta

RedDogAlberta High Plains Drifter

Oddometer:
    I have nothing to add at this time but this excellence should be bumped for newcomers.
  6. tncpowell

tncpowell Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hello. Have you missed us yet?

Did you know that Chantelle snapped her ankle in two places on the second day of our trip.

[​IMG]

We were riding along a very sandy dirt road when Rosie decided to chuck Chantelle off. The result, a moon boot for the next 6 weeks and a set of crutches strapped to Mabel.

[​IMG]

All with the blessing of a doctor of course.

[​IMG]

We had to hide it from the parents though and only told them when we got home!
    10ecjed, RedDogAlberta, DC950 and 4 others like this.
  7. sages

sages Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A likely story, 'I fell off my motorbike' :imaposerI've been on trips with my partner on a bike and I reckon you guys were up to something else :jack
    tncpowell likes this.
  8. DunkingBird

DunkingBird Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yes !

You are probably on an asphalted road in the near future.
    tncpowell likes this.
  9. MRED

MRED Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Absolutely loved following along. We met you when you stopped in our store Premier Motogear of Oregon. Following from Alice out to Ayers Rock reminded me of when I did that same trip in 1964. But the road was dirt. First Mt. Conner, then Ayers Rock, which I climbed at night so I could watch the sunrise, then on out to the Olgas. Your story telling and pictures are first rate. Thanks for the GREAT ride.
    tncpowell and DC950 like this.
  10. IdahoGaucho

IdahoGaucho Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have missed you. I’m sorry about the ankle.
    tncpowell likes this.
  11. B10Dave

B10Dave Long timer

Oddometer:
    Also missing the daily updates. So sorry to see the moon boot Chantelle. At least you can still ride. When my trials bike landed on me in 1994 I spent a night in hospitable and gained 4 stainless screws in my left ankle. Only crutches and a removable fiberglass thingy back then. No riding for 6 weeks. Heal quickly and keep on with the updates....Dave
    tncpowell likes this.
  12. RedDogAlberta

Oddometer:
    Glad to see a sign of life and Chantelle hopping to it.

I was on a police ride-a-long in Vancouver one summer night and saw a one legged guy repeatedly kicking someone furiously while balanced on his crutches so life challenges can be overcome when you have the will.
    greensleeves66 likes this.
  13. 10ecjed

10ecjed Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sorry to hear about having a broken ankle. That sucks. But she is smiling. That's a good sign. Heal quick.
    doctorkozma likes this.
  14. RedDogAlberta

Oddometer:
    I hope you two are well and safe. Just to let you know it's -36ºc here this morning on the hinterland tundra but the chinook is coming tomorrow night when we spike to melting. Summer in AUS would be so much more to my liking. I've purchased a new HD Roadster so of course I'm very eager for spring. This is going to be a fabulous year.

Happy New Year!
    tncpowell and 10ecjed like this.
  15. dengwynn

dengwynn AT LARGE

Oddometer:
    . A complete chain enclosure and chain oiler do wonders to Increase chain and sprocket life and with them you don't need expensive o ring chains. All of it can be made: only a little 50 ml oil can, a needle valve and hose to slowly drip oil on the chain. It must be filled daily.. Although the chain oiler works by itself, the chain case keeps oil off of you and it keeps abrasive dirt away from the chain. Small Honda and Yamaha domestic bikes and bikes designed for daily use (like a Jawa) came with them in the 1960's. So they may be available.

The lettering on your headlight looks nice but it blocks a significant amount of light.

I'm pleased that you persisted so well and deeply respect what you and your Hondas have accomplished..
    tncpowell likes this.
  16. tncpowell

tncpowell Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thankyou so much for your kind words! we are both itching like mad to get back on the posties. Soon. Sooooooon.....
  17. tncpowell

tncpowell Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well I have been super slack in checking back on here the last month or two! We have been working our bottoms off trying to get a new website up that we can not only blog to but that we can start putting up some useful guides for border crossings and such.

Fell free to check it out and let us know what you think.

www.overyondaadventures.com

Do we get to see some pics of your bike?

We are currently living in Darwin in the Northern territory where it has been 35+ degrees and high humidity. In other words, perfect!
  18. roadcapDen

roadcapDen Ass, Grass or Gas, no free rides.

Oddometer:
  19. tncpowell

tncpowell Long timer

Oddometer:
    roadcapDen likes this.
  20. DunkingBird

DunkingBird Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    It is a pleasure to rummage around in your new webside :clap

By the way, I was quite successful in your Tip #1:
    "By making conscious decisions about exactly where you spend your money can really make a difference to your weekly saving capabilities and reduce your overall spending each week."

But as a father of 4 daughters rather unsuccessful in:
    "By making conscious decisions about exactly where they spend your money ..." :lol2