The Suzuki PE thread

Discussion in '2 smokers' started by sidetrack one, Jan 18, 2013.

1. The Flyin Hawaiian

The Flyin Hawaiian Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    justfillion There are guys using TS185 pistons in there PE175s.
  2. justinfillion

justinfillion Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Kk wicked I'll look into that! Thanks man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. justinfillion

justinfillion Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So to solve my problem I've recently run into a 78 pe 175 engine with some random parts in a box like exhaust, coil, airbox for $40. I plan on using my .25 oversized piston that I had in my bike and boring my standard bore cylinder from this 78. Let's hope that gets my compression to where it should be. My only concern now is that when I got my 79 pe 175 bike it didn't have a flywheel so I had found one from a 1980 pe 175. After trying to get my bike going previously I figured I should atleast be getting something with 90psi ? Not too sure ? So I did some reading on the forum and found a post regarding the earlier flywheels (78/79) and later flywheels (80-84) being offset 90 degrees. Well now that I have this 78 I figured well I'll use this flywheel cause from what I read 78/79 is the same. The left/top one is from the 1980 and the right/ bottom was in the box with the 1978 engine. Can someone confirm this is in fact the original flywheel from 78/79? Thanks so much, I need to rip this bad boy in the spring !

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. alpha.eightMG

alpha.eightMG Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Anyone know if the muffler/silencer on the 175 is the same through all years. I have a 84 PE175 and it has a small mx silencer from a PO. Can only find used ones from 78-79. Also what silencers are PE owners using if going aftermarket route?
  5. NDMX743

NDMX743 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I don't think the old ones work. There is a nice aftermarket one. I can't remember the company, maybe do a search.
  6. NDMX743

NDMX743 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Deppipesusa.com
  7. philip kyhn

philip kyhn Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have a PE 250, looking for a good pipe for the bike. Where will I find one.

Attached Files:

8. CJBDRdude

CJBDRdude Ridin'offroadCJ

Oddometer:
    Ebay or join the facebook group - PE motorcycles.
  9. motoexpedition

motoexpedition n00b

Oddometer:
    I'm into my first PE...79 250 (N)

I'm having trouble with the hoses.

The two side hoses on the carb i assume are vents for atmospheric ... just route down
    Same thing for the overflow ... just route down

I have a port on the crankcase above and aft of the generator ... does anyone know where the hose would go?
  10. HeadintheClouds

HeadintheClouds Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Aloha, y'all! I have a set of rear brake shoes for an 80-84 PE175 (SGP #54410-40500) new in original packaging. Anyone want them for $20 + shipping from 28602?
  11. LWC3077

LWC3077 Adventurer

Oddometer:
  12. LWC3077

LWC3077 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Jemco make one for the 79-80 RM 250 it will fit all 80-82 PE250 with some very minor mods. You need to remove the mount on the pipe under the tank so it lines up with the PE rubber mount hanger, and then the stinger will need a little changinG, maybe lengthening/shorting, Nothing major, depends on what muffler you are using

www.jemcoexhaust.com/

Also PRO FORM RACING (PFR) make 79/80 RM250 pipe This will also fit if you shift the top mount under the tank and the PFR stinger is quite short as its made to use their MX muffer so it will need lengthening. I have one of these pipes. I am not sure if they have a website. I bougHT mine from an Australian dealer who no longer exists. Just do a google search for PFR pipes and i am sure you will find them. They are made in USA. I have also seen them on ebay.

Other option is GMC in Australia. he makes 79/80 RM pipes that people have put on 80-82 PE250 as well. He may now do a PE specific one now because he has jigged up for PE400 and the PE 400 uses same frame as PE250. He generally makes pipes to order. good quality too

http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/23/online-shop/12-Suzuki

These are only pipes available to fit the PE250.
  13. LWC3077

LWC3077 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Floatbowl hose vent down, 2 side ones can go down too but some like to vent these into the air box. Crank case one down or up, does not matter. Hose length will determine it. Workshop and owners manuals will show where the hoses go. All manuals can be found via Yahoo site, or if you go back a few pages in this thread i posted some useful links. Click on my profile, and view my forum posts, it was one of the first posts i made on this forum.

PE's do not have a generator. Generators make DC current. PE has an alternatior which makes AC current.
  14. gpuk

gpuk Adventurer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Barn fresh

[​IMG]

Back to its new home

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bare bones

Bike has been sitting 10-15 years, had it running will be checking engine over and at least replacing seals.

Frame needs a engine mount lug welded back on, powdercoat frame swingarm and fork lowers possibly.
    Forks need re chroming, wheels need new spokes
    And I'll go through with new bearings / seals and cables.
    One snapped bolt most corroded but good shape so nickel plating on the cards.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
  15. DR ADDICT

DR ADDICT Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Does anybody know if a suzuki ts125/185 speedometer will work on a 78-81 pe250 or 400? Would it give accurate speed given the different gears in the backing plate?
  16. LWC3077

LWC3077 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am not 100% sure about the 125 or pre 75 stuff, but yes any 76 on wards TS185 or TS250 speedo will work fine and read correct. Although the smaller 175/185 uses different gears in the hub compared to the larger 250/400's the ratios are still the same when you compare the tooth counts on www.alpha-sports.com parts lists and then compare them on this chart. Also you can use any SP/DR370, 400, 500 speedo and also SP/DR250 aswell.

[​IMG]
  17. gpuk

gpuk Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just bought a speedometer for mine off ebay, looks right same era and only 90mph on clock. There are no visible part numbers to identify it.. Any ideas?

18. gpuk

gpuk Adventurer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

19. DR ADDICT

DR ADDICT Adventurer

Oddometer:
  20. DR ADDICT

DR ADDICT Adventurer

Oddometer:
    After looking at some internet pic's, maybe a 1977 ts185.