The Suzuki PE thread

Discussion in '2 smokers' started by sidetrack one, Jan 18, 2013.

1. haggzcycle

haggzcycle n00b

Oddometer:
    Coming back together nicely, great bikes I have 2 250's and a 400.
    cdahl383 likes this.
  2. rjmorel

rjmorel Dual Sporticus

Oddometer:
    I'm working on a center stand for my 82 PE175.
    Does anyone know if Suzuki used 1 center stand for all the PE bikes or were each one different between years and engine sizes?
    Different length legs of stand?
    Thanks rj
  3. CJBDRdude

CJBDRdude Ridin'offroadCJ

Oddometer:
    They are different
  4. oldmonkeybut

oldmonkeybut ATHLETIC Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm curious. What are the rest of you using to pull clutch springs? My old exhaust spring puller doesn't fit through the holes in the pressure plate. 1980 PE175
    Miguel Sanchez likes this.
  5. Miguel Sanchez

Miguel Sanchez VD #103 Supporter

Oddometer:
  6. rjmorel

rjmorel Dual Sporticus

Oddometer:
    82 PE175 ignition timing? The manual says to line up the scribed line on the backing plate to the center of the mounting screw hole. But the arrow molded into the engine case that I assume corresponds to where the scribed line on the backing plate puts the timing slightly forward off center from the mounting screw hole.
    So not to be anal about it but the reason I'm asking is my bike kicks back hard now after removing and cleaning the whole ignition , flywheel, etc and it never has done that before?
    So question is how much difference does it make in the ignition timing going from one end of the screw slot to the other ? I think I advanced it a little when matching the scribed line up to the arrow on the case.
    To retard the timing , I rotate backing plate clock wise if motor is turning in counter clock wise direction when running?
    How much do I retard to get rid of kick back that hurts my widdle hoofy?
    thanks ,rj

Attached Files:

7. oldmonkeybut

oldmonkeybut ATHLETIC Supporter

Oddometer:
  8. rjmorel

rjmorel Dual Sporticus

Oddometer:
    I Have a nice 82 PE175 full floater that I have been mechanically restoring to ride. I have thought about cutting the pipe in 2 to pull out the 40 years of oil build up on the baffling and mat silencing stuff inside the pipe. Any advice or online vids of how to go about it? Or is just cleaning the silencer on the end of the pipe good enough? Thanks
  9. aptbldr

aptbldr easy rider

Oddometer:
    Here's a vintage 'trick' I've heard many times and never tried myself.
    https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/...t-s-the-best-way-to-clean-out-a-2-stroke-pipe
  10. cdahl383

cdahl383 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Got my bike back from the shop the other day. Rebuilt the bottom end. I painted up the engine and pipe. New front tire, new brakes, new cables, carb rebuilt, lights wired up, new throttle assembly, and some new plastics.

Got a few more things to do, mostly cosmetic, but it’s almost done!

6F6749BC-64CE-451B-B517-AB0440726979.jpeg 2B49EA11-5006-469B-9EE9-3445A03FB4BB.jpeg 54D9DF6E-12EE-4222-BBEE-E419C5506766.jpeg F07891CF-DE72-4CB8-89CF-17C541D180BE.jpeg