The Suzuki PE thread

Discussion in '2 smokers' started by sidetrack one, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Nordy8888

Nordy8888 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sorry I know this thred is a little old but I was hoping somone could helpme with my new project by answering a question, what are some common problems with Suzuki pe250s, thanks-jacob
  2. sidetrack one

sidetrack one Chief Tiddler Supporter

Oddometer:
    Tell us what YOUR concerns are,young fella, and we will help you!:deal
    First ,post up a picture so we know what we are working with:D
  3. sidetrack one

Oddometer:
    Bought a box of bits recently, have thrown it together mainly so I dont lose bits!:D Its very rough,but spares for my good one:deal
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. Nordy8888

Nordy8888 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I will post a few pics tomorrow I traded a old atari for it it has a rebuilt carb new coil and a terrible paint job but besides that everything seems to be in decent shape it also is supposed to run but you never know
  5. Nordy8888

Nordy8888 Adventurer

Oddometer:
  6. Nordy8888

Nordy8888 Adventurer

Oddometer:
  7. Nordy8888

Nordy8888 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    photo 3.JPG
    i have the exhaust pipe and silencer but the wiring harness was disconnected before i got it and i don't know where any of the wires go
  8. Nordy8888

Nordy8888 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    sorry for the bad pics but it was raining out today
    so far i need side panels possibly a new wiring harness spark pulgs a throttle cable clutch lever and some misc bolts and reattach the clutch cable and the rear brake cable
  9. sidetrack one

Oddometer:
    OK I think what you have there is a 1978 PE250C, had one of those myself!:D
    At your age, you are probably going to need a little help and guidance in getting it sorted.
    You got a Dad or family member who knows a bit about bikes?, or try and get a Sat morn job at the local bike shop to get a bit of knowledge, and cash!:D
  10. Nordy8888

Nordy8888 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    i know some people who may be able to help me, all the wiring is disconnected could someone send some pics of the wires that come from the cdi box and the stator i think where they connect
  11. Nordy8888

Nordy8888 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    i just realized that i am missing the stator and the coil is wrong
  12. Nordy8888

Nordy8888 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Can someone post a pic of where the clutch cable goes into the engine mine was disconnected when I got it, thanks
  13. teamster6

teamster6 n00b

Oddometer:
    Well this ones a little differant. It is a 1980 suzuki rs250. I have never seen one of these. She is going to be rebuilt. She currently runs like a scalded dog but were gonna put new plastics on it and spruce her up and keep it. It needs new rear shocks one is blown. Does anybody know if these can be rebuilt??? I bought it in idaho falls idaho and was told it came from montana.

t6
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
  14. sidetrack one

Oddometer:
  15. CJBDRdude

CJBDRdude Ridin'offroadCJ

Oddometer:
    Parts are similar to the 80/81 PE of course and available through Vintage Suzuki, Motoduro in the UK and of course Evilbay
  16. Nordy8888

Nordy8888 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Okay do my buddy just bought a 1980 pe175 for $200 today and he needs some parts, he needs
    Rear fender
    Headlight socket and plastics
    Muffler
    Silencer
    Airbox
    Clutch cover
    And side covers
    For my 1978 pe250 I am looking for
    Rear fender
    Headlight lens
    Tail light and
    Fuel petcock
    If any one has any of these parts in good shape for a good price please contact me thank you very much
  17. CJBDRdude

CJBDRdude Ridin'offroadCJ

Oddometer:
    You will be hard pressed to find any PE owners willing to sell their stuff. Quite honestly, it's hard to come by. Try Vintage Suzuki, DC plastics, Motoduro and of course Evilbay
  18. LWC3077

LWC3077 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes shocks can be rebuilt

Send them here

http://www.radmotorcycleshockyrepairs.com.au/

They do a lot of sealed KYB's. Obviously they need cutting open and welding work. As i understand it they become sealed again though. I have designed my own way of rebuilding these sort of PE shocks that allowed them to be rebuilt and retains the original appearance.

Maybe you want to consider new Works Performance, Ohlins, Wilbers, or Hagon or Progressives if you are on a real tight budget.

RS250/175 only available in USA/Canada. Basically a step up from the TS/DS but a step down from PE/RM. They are parts bin specials and use componets common to other PE/RM/DS/DR. Basically a offroad 'playbike'.

Use www.alpha-sports.com to compare parts and also i highly recommend getting this cross reference programe. i cant recommend it highly enough.

http://www.zedder.com/itm00612.htm

for guys above looking for parts, dont forget to try your local dealer. You may be surprised what they have if you give them the part numbers.
  19. Mr. Carts

Mr. Carts Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am still looking for a PE400 swing arm.
  20. Miguel Sanchez

Miguel Sanchez VD #103 Supporter

Oddometer:
    Quite rare, I was once told that something in the neighborhood of 1,000 units were all that were sold. I have one of each (RS250 and RS175). The plastics and seat covers are the hard parts to find. Great find!