The Thing About a Liter Bike ...

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by Jim Moore, May 7, 2014.

1. Tripped1

Tripped1 Smoove, Smoove like velvet.

Oddometer:
    170hp @ 102ft/lbs

In a country where the highest posted speed limit anywhere is 120km/h ~75mph le sigh.
  2. DOGSROOT

DOGSROOT OUTSIDE

Oddometer:

Nice.

And (I'm assuming you're a white dude) the cops would have trouble ticketing you!!!

A few poorly pronounced, intentionally ambiguous Japanese words and you're (both?) laughing!!!!
  3. Tripped1

Tripped1 Smoove, Smoove like velvet.

Oddometer:
    That depends entirely on how close to a base you are.

The thing with Japanese police, the citizens here take pride in being good citizens, they are genetically unable to misbehave. So the police are more likely to pull over a lady for riding a bicycle with high heels on (I am not kidding) than they are likely to put forth the effort to chase me down on a "big bike" breaking every traffic law out there.

Near a base they have a translation card (which is amusing in its own) AND a form that they forward along TO the base, this is how Trippy got his license suspended (by the base) for 6 months. Oops, lucky for me I had an international license at the time, so they could suspend my base license all they wanted I was still good to go off base because they can't touch my state/international licenses. So fuck em, last time I behave, that was for going 114km/h in an 80 which is keeping up with traffic, I just happened to be the last in the line that morning.

Away from the bases they look at my half translated no picture having DoD issued drivers license, my CAC and my state licenses (and of course I don't speak/understand a single word of Japanese) and basically wave their hands and tell me to knock it off. Which has also gotten me a stern talking to. I found the ONE frigging Japanese cop in Hokkido that went to school in the US. Forget what I was doing (I am sure speeding was involved)

Young guy gets out of the car starts rattling away in Japanese......"I'm sorry, I don't speak Japanese" My wife (whos fluent) doesn't speak Japanese yada yada.

Dude gives up and goes back to the car. I think I am clear.

Older guy gets out, walks up and with FUCKING SOUTH BOSTON ACCENT, busts out with "Yo, how fast you think I caught you at"
    Well fuck.
    "Damn learned English in Boston did you?"
    and he started laughing, told me to slow it down in a long drawn out fashion and turned me loose.
    wb57 and DOGSROOT like this.