The trail of smiles, Thailand on a CRF 250 Rally.

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by hookeniggy, Oct 6, 2019.

1. hookeniggy

hookeniggy Good at getting lost

Oddometer:
    Over these mountains is Mayanmar. IMG_20190313_153153.jpg
  2. hookeniggy

Oddometer:
    Riding alongside the railroad track that goes all the way from Bangkok to Singapore or so, i kinda like this, lovely scenery, and a lot faster and safer than sticking to the main highway, and cooler too, no reflection from hot tarmac, west of Bangkok this track forks into Mayanmar, or Burma, later i find out my grandfamily have worked on this railroad, about 200 miles north from here as pow's, stuff i eagerly wanna find out. CRF 1.jpg
    yokesman and Smidty like this.
  3. hookeniggy

Oddometer:
    Thanks for likes.

This is the view from the saddle, i just love riding the country side dirt roads, the railroad was an excellent landmark to navigate on, and just ask farmers which way to go, what i really enjoyed how friendly people were, sometimes crossing on their land and through their ricefields, people would just wave, like awesome, my Thai of course is limitid, and if asking for directions i would just point in one way, or name the next city . crf21.jpg
    Smidty likes this.
  4. hookeniggy

Oddometer:
    In a way i Find Thailand a bit like France, they have an excellent highway system, but next to that many unpaved roads, to choose from, with friendly farmers or locals that wave, and ready to to have some smaltalk if you pull over.
    yokesman likes this.
  5. hookeniggy

Oddometer:
    This is the coolest thing i've ever seen, i call it Thai massage for bikes the BIG, little Honda just lovin it. 1.jpg

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      618.8 KB
      Views:
  6. hookeniggy

Oddometer:
    I must have counted at leats 4 to 6, just washing and soaping up the bike together, kids i thinkā€¦. as anyone under 40 looks like a teenager here, this is like pretty neat to see, you get a bottle of water, bike comes in covered in mud, going out like a detailed show bike looking better than brandnew 2.jpg

Attached Files:

• 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      328.2 KB
      Views:
    joenuclear likes this.
  7. hookeniggy

Oddometer:
    Awesome catchup moment with my buddy Austin, teaching him how to ride dirtbike, it didn't take much. 4.jpg
  8. hookeniggy

Oddometer:
    And lovely Thai gf, its funny how you meet the most wonderful people while traveling, Austin had been now for a year and a half or so, flew back home for a month, and came back as fast as he could, he was tired of the travel bug, and then decided he wasn't, like me. 5.jpg
  9. hookeniggy

Oddometer:
    I hate sticking to a program, because if you do, nothing happens, i find, so after a day of riding, lots of laughs, the casual smoke stop to soak up the landscape, we wind up in some restaurant, meeting expats and Thai, having the most delicious meal for peanuts, with great company, no politic talk and no plans, just soaking up the atmosphere with no rush. 6.jpg
    Smidty likes this.
  10. hookeniggy

Oddometer:
    And no religion too:jack