The Trans Missouri Trail - The "TMOT"

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Central, Texas & Gulf States' started by bash3r, Jan 6, 2011.

1. ts3doug

ts3doug Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well, this got derailed by a divorce last year, hopefully I'll be able to get to it this year...
  2. ts3doug

ts3doug Long timer

Oddometer:
  3. sieg

sieg Wearing out tires......2 at a time, day after day. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Glad I could help. :ricky Give me some feedback afterwards. And if you need lodging/camping/food info let me know.
    ts3doug likes this.
  4. Ed M

Ed M Collector of RFIDs

Oddometer:
    Hoping to get a couple of weeks of decent weather in May so I can ride the entire TMOT Central route from Eagleville to Willow Springs. I'm also hoping to work this in and ride the shorter version of Cannonshots Ozark Adventure trail. Camp most of the time with a hotel room every now and then. Should be interesting.
    sieg likes this.
  5. DMCaton

DMCaton Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm planning to leave tomorrow morning to ride the TMOT/OZAT/TART from St. Clair, MO to as far south as I can before I have to turn around to make it back to STL Saturday evening. Any intel on the status of the trails this spring? I'm hoping there's enough water in the crossings to make them interesting but still passable! Happy to meet up with anyone on the way if someone is free...
    g steezy, sieg and Midwesttrekker like this.
  6. sieg

Oddometer:
    Rode about 500 miles of trail emmmm roads in the area south and west from Bixby last Thursday and yesterday. Pre-riding the Show Me 500. Crossings were not much deeper than normal. No big washouts from heavy rain or downed timber from high winds, everything was open and passable. (and I was riding with a girl) Should be great fun. :ricky I'll be on the TART from Harrison to Hot Springs next week and a lot of other stuff in that area too.
    Midwesttrekker and Ed M like this.
  7. Old Mule

Old Mule Long timer

Oddometer:
    Overland Missouri, home of 1950s sidecar tech.

I'll be doing some of these trails on my sidecar machine next spring, looking forward to it, and learning a lot here about modern trail riding practice. I have never owned or used, or even seen, a bike with one a those modern phone/GPS things. I hope I can download paper maps.... as you see I'm reading this great thread from the start, trying to get an idea of what i want to see, and where I want to ride.
    Ed M likes this.
  8. Meanolddog

Meanolddog n00b

Oddometer:
    where can I
    get an actual paper map for the TMOT? (download and print)
  9. bash3r

bash3r 790ADVR

Oddometer:
    Sorry... I don't have or provide paper maps. I guess you could download the GPX files and use GPSVisualizer.com to print some. You can see the TMOT overall map on my site as well.. https://basherdesigns.com/tmot/

GL!
    salty_dog and Meanolddog like this.
  10. Meanolddog

Meanolddog n00b

Oddometer:
    thanks.
  11. g steezy

g steezy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Has anyone ran this route lately? I attempted to do it 3 years ago, but I'm GPS stupid and missed a decent portion of it. I'd like to try it again and was wondering if the majority of the roads and routes are still open?
  12. sieg

Oddometer:
    I would think so, nothing really but county and FS roads that are somewhat well used, not much marginal two track and dirt that some land owner would try to close.
    I like to run the whole loop this year. TMOT then north on the Central Connector then east on the Trans Iowa Trail, then south on my River Route. Never done it as a complete loop.
    Farmer1, g steezy and shortbritches like this.
  13. g steezy

g steezy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm going to attempt the Washington start off point again just because of time. I would think I could get it all done in 4 days I hope.
    GotFog likes this.