1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

The Trans Missouri Trail - The "TMOT"

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Central, Texas & Gulf States' started by bash3r, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Motozark

Motozark Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone rode this trail lately?
  2. bash3r

bash3r 790ADVR

Oddometer:
    I've rode many parts of it about every year.. this year I'm going to ride it again and make any revisions that I need to..

:clap
  3. DaveGoBoom

DaveGoBoom n00b

Oddometer:
    Hey guys, this thread is awesome.

I want to ride this route across the state at the first inkling of good weather. Me and the KLX250 (soon to be KLX351) and I want to avoid pavement... singletrack>dirt>gravel>pavement

Any idea what percentage of time is spent on each type of surface?

Thanks for all the help and insight.
  4. GoGhostMoto

GoGhostMoto Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Looking for updated info and hopefully to ride this at some point! Thanks!
  5. bash3r

bash3r 790ADVR

Oddometer:
    Hey WTRBOX... Sorry for the delay..I've been out in Utah/Colorado riding... Let me know if you need anything specific answered!

Thanks
  6. MarkM

MarkM Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm planning to ride Bash3r's TMOT South Track this week on the GS, 2-up with my wife. I'll report back on how it goes.
  7. MarkM

Oddometer:
    Last week's ride was a great time. Rode TMOT from the north end, through Eminence, and on to Alley Spring Mill. It was raining a fair amount and the trail was getting slick with mud in spots, so we took to the pavement from there since I did not want to risk a drop with my wife onboard. We really loved the ride in Mark Twain National Forest, and the trail from Eminence to Alley Mill was the best part. Thanks for the route!
    [​IMG]
  8. bash3r

bash3r 790ADVR

Oddometer:
    Awesome MarkM!! Glad you enjoyed it... I've scouted a few more roads down in Eminence that I still want to ride one more time before I add them to the route... And the water crossings can get deadly slick!! Glad you were safe and hope your wife enjoyed it to... Ride Safe!
  9. MarkM

Oddometer:
    Bash3r, thanks for putting this together! Yes on the slick water crossings, we found one slick as snot! The GS was losing its footing, but the crossing was short and we made it before there was time to go down. Another challenge was deep gravel in places. And then there was the property marked with the large hand-written sign, "TRESPASSERS WILL BE SHOT - DOG WILL BIT" (sic) We made it safely passed LOL!
  10. jowannab

jowannab Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is this site still alive?????????????????
  11. Motozark

Oddometer:
    It needs to be! I still would like to ride this trail! Are the GPX files complete all the way across?
  12. bash3r

bash3r 790ADVR

Oddometer:
    You can see on the first page the tracks included in the GPX file. Currently it is not north of I-70 to northern MO.. that still needs to be done. Enjoy
  13. Motozark

Oddometer:
    Well that may have to be done then.
  14. bash3r

bash3r 790ADVR

Oddometer:
    Yes it does! I have tracks I need to piece together from St. Clair up through Hermann then up towards Mark Twain Lake... the best riding is south of I-70 so that's where I always find myself :)
  15. Motozark

Oddometer:
    I believe that! Gets pretty flat north of I70. Would be nice to have it done just for gp up to the Iowa line anyway. I live down in SW MO. Surely there are some guys up in that area willing to work on it. Did you have thoughts of extending it from blue eye on west toward the Kansas, Oklahoma border?
  16. bash3r

bash3r 790ADVR

Oddometer:
    Yes that would be great.. It was my hope to have both a North/South & East/West trail for anyone to ride. There are some fellas in KS area that could probably lend a hand for the western MO border / OKie hand off. I'm just west of St. Charles so its a bit out of my vicinity :D Anyone?!?
  17. Motozark

Oddometer:
    I would definitely be willing to give a hand in laying it out. I have a few friends I could probably get to work on it as well.
  18. bash3r

bash3r 790ADVR

Oddometer:
    that would be great. me and my buddy routed it south to Blue Eye to hand off to the TART.. and I rode with BigDog on most of his route as well to go east down south to the TART. Now if we can just finish it!
  19. Motozark

Oddometer:
    I talked with my buddy Topnoch and he is willing to help out too. We are both busy with lots of rides going on now. It will probably be August at the earliest before we could get started. I talked to a fella in KS that was thinking of doing a KS trail down to link in with the TAT. Im hoping we could link it all together near the OK, KS, MO. border.
  20. bash3r

bash3r 790ADVR

Oddometer: