1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

The TT600 Thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Zahnarzt, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Tritwin

Tritwin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    59CF6466-DAD1-4BA9-8D09-A26F11B1062A.jpeg Daytrip to Øyongen, Norwegian mountain
    OzCRU and mikseven like this.
  2. Tritwin

Tritwin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    From todays trip, maybe the last for this season 4CEA3E09-8BB9-4989-BEA2-CEA020A46E63.jpeg
    mikseven and panterg55 like this.
  3. Tritwin

Tritwin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Need new rear fender plastic cover for my TT, where to buy???
  4. panterg55

panterg55 Formely panterg Supporter

Oddometer:
    German E-Bay - but very expensive . Is yours damaged ?
  5. Tritwin

Tritwin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ugly, with scuffs
  6. panterg55

Oddometer:
    I had one painted but it wouldn't hold up to being off roaded . I've also got a spare one but it's" Ugly, with scuffs" ! :lol3
  7. Tritwin

Tritwin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    IT was on sale for about A year ago , from A German guy called vmd321. Now it is out of stock, regret not to buy it then..... Cost about 150 euro. Not shure if IT was old stock or repro. Hope someone make A reproduction of all plastic fit TT600RE. Seems like all new old stock is far gone....
  8. panterg55

Oddometer:
    You could join this Facebook Group (Yamaha TT 600 R '98 ) mainly Italians but stuff does come up or put a wanted on .
    Tritwin likes this.
  9. panterg55

Oddometer:
    . . . . . . Or this group - mainly older TT's ( Yamaha TT600 owners and restorers )or this one ( Ténéré French Team ) both Facebook Groups . useful for info as well as parts .
  10. OzCRU

OzCRU Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah I think I saw someone doing them on FB about a month or so ago on one of those groups - I think the first one.
  11. coronarium

coronarium n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi guys!

I'm trying to get my 2001 tt600r going for the past year, have some CDI trouble and I'm getting frustrated. I know that is CDI, because with another original CDI that I borrowed bike was working, and the one that was inside was also working for some time after I baked it in an oven.
    So I bought one cheap aftermarket one and it doesn't work, even though it has a strong spark - stronger than original one. In the beginning this one at least produced a bang somewhere in exhaust and now I cannot reproduce it, which I find weird. Could maybe have to do something with wires that come our of cdi - I punctured one with a probe to test it (but original cdi still works after that). I tried the replacement for it, which has seemingly even stronger spark but also doesn't work. Maybe something I could try still with that?
    Then I ordered another aftermarket one from a seller in Europe, but I don't know when I will get it shipped and I'm thinkiing of canceling order, since the cancelation period will run out and I get no reply from them anymore, so I'm looking for another solution. I'm looking at this:

https://hpi.be/item.php?item=CD4611D

I found one user on this forum saying this box worked. Any other info or recommendation? I don't want to buy original one, since they are expensive, already old and have weak spark on top of it.

Thanks!