The TT600 Thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Zahnarzt, Mar 29, 2011.

1. tscham

tscham Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Unlike what was said, the needle for the main carb of the XT 600 E does fit that of the TT 600 RE. I ordered a kit from Aliexpress advised by someone that has a TT 600 R and the needle fits perfectly, just so anyone who's interested knows. The bike has actually more power on low and mid ranges, behaving better than before. No need to spend 10x more for an original part.

I'm now trying to address one last issue which the bike already had before the needle broke. In 3rd, 4th and 5th gears (maybe in all gears, but I notice it in these three), when I open the throttle to the max (from 4/5 till fully open), the bike stutters and doesn't keep on reving/rpm drops a bit. As soon as I go back to 4/5 throttle, it starts revving up again. Any idea about what might be causing this?

I've read about (and will try) taking the air filter out and checking if it improves, disconnecting the sidestand switch, buying a new slider/diaphragm for the secondary carb.

As always, thank you very much in advance!!
  2. dzl

dzl adventurer wannabe

Oddometer:
    I dont think any one said the XT needle wouldnt fit? The difference is in the profile of the different needles. The factory uses specific profile to suit the characteristics of each bike. The biggest difference on the TTR is the difference in airbox size and the venturi size on the primary carb. Suspect it is now running richer at lower throttle sttings now. Check you r plug for colour after youve done a few kms.

Did you check/ clean the rest of the carb when you had it out? Cleaned all jets? Removed float needle valve and check the cleanliness of the filter under the needle seat? sounds like it could be starving for fuel under full power ie running out of fuel in the float bowl
  3. tscham

tscham Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thank you for your answer. Did about 200km and the consumption is still the same as before I changed my needle--almost 6l/100km--, but I will check the spark plug's color, indeed. I will also check the filter under the valve seat, which in fact I did not check. Everything else was thoroughly cleaned with carb cleaner.

Thank you!
  4. crazybond700

crazybond700 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Once in a while we need a tyre discusion imo. Lol. I have a couple of sets of wheels of one needs new tyres for the road. Was thinking annakee, but not sure they are in the correct size available.
  5. tuscan

tuscan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Pirelli MT21
    OzCRU likes this.
  6. brucifer

brucifer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey guys, have a little issue going on with my 1984 model. Starts easy and runs great, as a rule. However, it seems as it warms up--or gets hot--the throttle response gets weird. It's as though the secondary carb. stops functioning.
    At first into the ride, it rips--great throttle response and power at all throttle positions. But in time. the throttle response gets sluggish, especially at smaller throttle openings. If you open the throttle more, the exhaust note doesn't change much and the bike doesn't accelerate properly then suddenly it takes off like it should. It never does this when first riding it, only after it has run for several minutes into the ride.
    The engine is built. 621cc, 11.5:1 compression, ported head, Web motocross camshaft, K&N air filter, stock carburetors with, I believe, stock jetting, stock exhaust with end silencer removed.
    Bike is a rocket ship when running properly. Probably only 4-5 hours of run time since complete rebuild.

Any input is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Bruce
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    OzCRU likes this.
  7. panterg55

panterg55 Formely panterg Supporter

Oddometer:
    20200804_132856.jpg 20200804_132912.jpg 20200804_133254.jpg 20200804_132856.jpg 20200804_132912.jpg 20200804_133254.jpg 20200804_132856.jpg 20200804_132912.jpg 20200804_133254.jpg
    OzCRU and Tritwin like this.
  8. panterg55

Oddometer:
    Apologises for the post size - I'm a computer novice ! Long story short ... Sold my TT last year and bought the sister bike that me and a mate built last week :-). Plan is to fit the twin headlight fairing this month and a B& B bashplate when it arrives . Glad to be back ! All The Best Glenn
    OzCRU and Tritwin like this.
  9. Tritwin

Tritwin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    524B41C1-0137-49A4-9AE2-CD48309E2995.jpeg Touring Vinjevegen mountain road
    panterg55, tuscan and OzCRU like this.
  10. Tritwin

Tritwin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    94BB00E4-B424-4B8F-94D8-ADB3C7B4E667.jpeg Ringebu Mountain , Norway
  11. Tritwin

Tritwin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Welcome back....looking forward to see the final result with the fairing:)
    OzCRU likes this.
  12. OzCRU

OzCRU Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ditto what he said panterg55 ^^^
    Very nice bike!

Tritwin - Beautiful shots
  13. panterg55

Oddometer:
    Thanks Tritwin and OzCRU - Hope you are enjoying your travels Tritwin !
    OzCRU likes this.
  14. panterg55

Oddometer:
    Hi All , Quick few pics of the fairing fitted , High Level rear led light and a 1200GS Touratech top plate mounted on a Kedo carrier . . . . . . Now all I need to do is fit the B & B bashplate when it arrives on Monday as well as the front fairing decal . . . and take the Ohlins rear shock ( TT600 R ) to be refurbished - then I'll be finished ! . . . . or will I ? :D

Attached Files:

15. brucifer

brucifer Long timer

Oddometer:
    So no input on this issue??
  16. panterg55

Oddometer:
    Now with the decals on and the B & B Bashplate fitted ! Only the freshly serviced Ohlins rear shock to fit . . . . . Cheers Glenn

Attached Files:

17. OzCRU

OzCRU Long timer

Oddometer:
    That’s looking great Glenn!!
    panterg55 likes this.
  18. panterg55

Oddometer:
    Thanks OzCRU !
  19. Mr.JAJA

Mr.JAJA Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Did you solve the problem? Check if the Carb slider is moving free, all air,vacuum lines are sealed, and the air cleaner clean with not to much oil(K&N type).

brucifer likes this.
  20. brucifer

brucifer Long timer

Oddometer:
    No, I have not. I'll check what you have suggested. Thank you.