The Ultimate Alaskan/GWN '06-'07 "Silly Season" Hijack

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by helikron, Nov 6, 2006.

1. Fighter

Fighter Head Gruver

Oddometer:

Nice bike Legion.
    Dick Mann and Dave Aldana would be proud!
    Did you get a white leather outfit with it?...... you know the kind that Bobbie Knievel wore???
    Carry On. Fite
  2. beamertwin

beamertwin Paul

Oddometer:
    NICE BIKE LEGION!! Rather than sell some of the herd you should invest in lifts so you double stack bikes and leave room for cages and work space. Are you certain those things are'nt reproducing down there..in the dark,,,when you are not looking? Looking forward to seeing some rooster tails along the roads this summer.
  3. MooseKiller

MooseKiller Tripod

Oddometer:
    :huh

Oh for all that is unholy. That is so disturbing on so many levels. Someone please pass the eye bleach and rusty spoons please. I need to gouge my eyes out.
  4. Wheeldog

Wheeldog Long timer

Oddometer:
    Congrats on the new ride!!! Looks like it will be fun!!:clap

Thin the herd eh??:huh You just need to open a rental shop then you could write all your toys off.:evil
  5. legion

legion Honking the Horn

Oddometer:
    Thanks all... I'm definitely looking forward to getting this one out as soon as the white stuff's gone. I looked around for white leathers but for some reason I don't remember them looking so beluga-ish. Not sure I'm ready for one now. I'll nail a set when I turn 25 again.

Rental, ooof! Bad WDog ! I got too much maint stuff now. Bleeeechhh :puke1 What I really need is n/c insurance and a little less guilt in the garage. :evil

BT, if I could get these things to reproduce in here my wallet wouldn't be the burned out husk of it's former self. I'll toss a little mood music in the garage to see what happens.

Sorry Heli, no go on the 1100 parts. Never had one m'self. Lusted though. Sat on Dapman's several years ago and knew I needed one but by the time I had the dosh stashed an 1150 caught my eye and the whole ADD thing kicked in. And ixnay on the blue tarp. It defines me. ...and the stihl is the absolute coolest tool I've got. My first chainsaw looked like it had a waspnest shaped cylinder and ran at about 100 rpm. I think it outweighed me and it could definitely out wrestle me.

The second was a MacCulough (sp) that was a hateful piece of crap. It'd start second pull everytime on the porch but get 50 miles out in the boonies and you might as well yank the plug and toss it in the river. It'd be easier to pull that way and with the same result.

The Stihl is God's gift to wood. Sort of like ballet for spruce and birch. Even got many a cottonwood to piroet on the way down... but they all crave the Stihl's lullaby.

Ahhh... you never forget your first cottonwood.

'photog, I think you could make anybody on any bike look righteous. :thumb
  6. legion

legion Honking the Horn

Oddometer:
    Dirt track / white jacket.

[​IMG]
  7. legion

legion Honking the Horn

Oddometer:
    Movement. Yesssss.

It's a 1999 ATK 600 DT/ES, Gus. 600cc single cylinder Rotax fired dirt tracker w/ an electric leg and juuust enough on it to squeek by the street licensing folks. Ride height is adjustable independently of suspension so it fits like a glove.

Big four stroke thumper w/ lots of bottom so the powerband oughta be very predictable. I've never ridden one or even heard one run until yesterday.

Wondering what it sounds like? It sounds like fun. :evil All the parts are top drawer bits. White Power / Roma front suspenders and WP out back too. Sweet, single sided frame that bolts to the motor insead of the motor bolting to the frame like most stressed member designs. Aluminum subframe, billet headstock, scott damper, Answer, SuperTrapp, Akront, Brembo, etc. and form follows function soup to nuts.

Oughta be a hoot.
  8. Gusgus

Gusgus Banned

Oddometer:

YES YES YES I say YES it does sound like a home run to me.

I was doing some reading about it, that thing ought to rock.

Very cool Legion.

It looks new, it doesn't seem to thrashed either, better get er done. :wink:
  9. KL5A

KL5A Bugs are the new black

Oddometer:
    So who gets to ride the Cub to Dawson?? :rofl

Legion, you obviously have fine taste in bikes....and way too much money, either that or we are looking at the smoking crater that used to be your 401K/IRA! But yes, we approve.

Gonna stud it up?

Or just 'track 'er as is? :ricky
  10. legion

legion Honking the Horn

Oddometer:
    An old buddy of mine said he never got a dog from the pound 'cause you couldn't know if the PO beat it or not and he liked to do all that stuff himself. Same w/ the ATK. The beating comes next. :evil

Bobbie: The only guy that was ever happy to miss the bus. :lol3
  11. legion

legion Honking the Horn

Oddometer:
    No studs, no money, and yep... I cashed out the retirement acct this year.

*cough*

Yep. Screw penalties.
  12. KL5A

Oddometer:
    Think of all those poor bastids for whom the retirement account is just numbers on a page, the money running through the unclean hands of stockbrokers and bond traders like sands through the fingers of a mummy....you can go down to the garage and gaze upon the fruits of your labor and investment.

The IRS loves you, baby!

The family might be planning your early, uh, "retirement"....
  13. legion

legion Honking the Horn

Oddometer:
    I'll work til I kick and that might not be far off :lol3
  14. friar mike

friar mike IronButtGruver

Oddometer:
    Thats why that house has its own fully set up downstairs with a bathroom a garage and a bullet/dog proof door:lol3
  15. AKTroy

AKTroy BE AWARE OF TRAINS

Oddometer:
    I found this pic on the Strom site. I guess it all started here.
    R-80_GS_prototype.jpg
  16. AKDuc

AKDuc Alaska Born Ducatisti

Oddometer:
    Who needs "top shelf" stuff just to get a little sideways?!? :lol3 All is takes is the right surface. :evil :D

Congrats anyway on the nice bike, Legion!

[​IMG]
  17. akrider

akrider mild adventurer

Oddometer:
    <mr. Slideways gets a new toy.

Everyone should have at least one flat trackerin the loop. <nice ride.

<ok i am in Cabo now. getting on the boat for a little cruise for a week today. Will try to look up Dawson Dick when <i get back on land.

Enjoy the snow guys and gals.

Dennis
  18. legion

legion Honking the Horn

Oddometer:
    You Sir, are the voice of reason.

----------------

Sacrilege ! What's a thing of such unmolested beauty doing on a Strom site?! :D

19. helikron

helikron The Fixer

Oddometer:
    And thy one true amplifier shall be within thine own right grasp whence thee spanketh it fully and with ROTAX AUTHORITY. Twisteth and roosteth, yea thy passage be righteous unto the fore, oh FükenGrüvite.

:cry Reminding The Collective of filth-able waifishness... in a Kate Moss kind of way.

Anyone wanna buy a blingled 650 V-Strom?
  20. KL5A

Oddometer: