The Unofficial 2010 Paris Dacre Thread (team formation and logistics)

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Thraan, Dec 13, 2009.

1. adiablolex

adiablolex Lost again

Oddometer:
    Oh ya we Kaboomed alright :kboom

got some emergency room photos and "displaced" colarbone photos......
    All I can recall was that nurse saying: you rode from where all broken up like that? :eek1

Stay tuned we might get the girls together again for another take on this, then there will be two girl teams to "compete" against :lol3
  2. rallyeman

rallyeman Dakarboy -

Oddometer:
    You can count on me this year!!! But with a much smaller bike :D:D
  3. Mr. C

Mr. C I need more bike time!!

Oddometer:
    A fully loaded GS 1200 would be a smaller bike compared to what you used last time! :rofl
  4. rallyeman

rallyeman Dakarboy -

Oddometer:
    Yes you are right!! but that beast was doing very good in the water and the mud!! no this time maybe my first love... XR600R.
  5. drc42

drc42 Rally Dreamer

Oddometer:
    I see from the latest Rally Connex newsletter that they have set a date for the 2012 Dacre! (June 23rd) Anybody know if there is an ADV thread for the 2012 edition yet? Been looking forward to it ever since hitting the finish line last time.

Let's hope for slightly dryer weather this time.
  6. MoBill

MoBill Smiles when says dat

Oddometer:
  7. btegler

btegler n00b

Oddometer:
    Anyone looking for team members for this year's ride?

Brent Tegler
    Fergus

KLR 650 rider but thinking maybe a DR-Z400S might be the ticket for this 16 hour marathon...
  8. osteo

osteo Motion is Life

Oddometer:
    Go with the DRZ, if I know Kevin (which I do!) and it is anything like what he is describing you will not regret it!

D
  9. drc42

drc42 Rally Dreamer

Oddometer:
    As an owner of both I can say most definitely the DRZ!
  10. carlosbarrios

carlosbarrios Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Me and my riding buddies have been planning on doing this ride this year (2012), but the rules for new teams seem a bit confusing (regarding "sponsorship"). Perhaps someone can shed a little light here. We've got a team of 4 riders, no one has ridden the even before.

Would we simply need someone who has ridden the event before to write our names down on their registration? Can we have a team with all-new riders? We've been planning this for a few months now, so we want to make sure that we're doing what we're supposed to do, and that we'll be all set... :ear

Thanks!!
  11. shipwrek12001

shipwrek12001 Shipwrek

Oddometer:

If you have ridden the event before you get to apply early to lock in your teams spot, if you or your team never have ridden the event you have to wait untill the later date before you can apply to get your team in.

if you have one person on your team that has ridden the event before he'd be the one to sponser you... sort of speak,, therefore you can apply at the early date.

hows that?

Copied from the news letter.. from Rally Connex

[FONT=ArialNarrow,Bold][FONT=ArialNarrow,Bold]“It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” Confucius[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=ArialNarrow,Bold]
    [/FONT]
  12. carlosbarrios

carlosbarrios Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That works! Thanks!

13. Gregidy

Gregidy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    not going to say who posted this cause i dont want trouble but copied from another forum :rofl
    "Finalized Team:

Greg Manton (KLR extraodinare + expert moonshine consumer )

Shane Waters (Former MX racer + mechanic at Parker Brothers)

Michael Lobodzinski (Navigational guru + Uber Spaz!)"

2 Klr's and a mystery bike
  14. btegler

btegler n00b

Oddometer:
    Dacre Dualsport Challenge - June 22 through 24th. Starting in Orangeville, Teams of 3 to 5 rally through 750km of backroads and trails to Dacre. Sign-in, tech inspection, pre-ride brief on Friday afternoon/evening at O-ville fair grounds. Saturday - 4am start, pit stops in Angus, Kinmount and Camel Chute, lots of check points throughout day, more trail and less road this year, finish before 10pm (hopefully). Sunday awards presentation and discussions. Camping equipment will be transported between O'ville, Kinmount, and Dacre. Plus it can be brought back to Kinmount or O'ville on Sunday. Meals included Friday evening, Sat morning noon and evening, plus Sunday breakfast. Free camping in O'ville and Dacre. Motels in O'ville and Calabogie (near Dacre). Price $195. Sign-up is on-line at rallyconnex.com starting Mar 3 for returning teams/members, Mar 17th for all others.
  15. btegler

btegler n00b

Oddometer:
    If you are registering on Mar 17th I would like be rider # 5 if you are interested!

Cheers, Brent.
  16. drc42

drc42 Rally Dreamer

Oddometer: