The USA on 40 bucks a day...

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Vance, Oct 20, 2004.

1. RBJ

RBJ Ph.D in B.S.

Oddometer:
    Camping in the USA in the wintertime...I hope you're heading for Southern Arizona and TX....OMG am I blind or is there no "freezing his ass off" smiley?
  2. ARRRGGGHHNUT

ARRRGGGHHNUT ARRGH! Rider

Oddometer:
    GOGOGOGO!!!! have extra fun, don't break anyones beds, unless they are an advrider....:rofl:thumb
    remember you can stop by many libraries and use the internet!!!
  3. ghostryder

ghostryder Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Im tossing my hat in the ring for a dinner, beer:1drink ,and a place to crash for the night if you drift into the Atlanta area. PM me if you drift this way, and well set it up. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!:thumb
  4. Buzzez

Buzzez Wind Powered

Oddometer:
    On or trip up to BC we stopped at several small town Libraries to do some online transactions. It was a real nice experience. DSL at all and even cookies and coffee at one. :thumb
  5. Road Rash

Road Rash Infamous Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yeah what they said and what knary said :nod I know a lot of us have only dreamed of doing something like what your doing, the best to ya and enjoy :beer
  6. Vance

Vance On my meds...

Oddometer:
    Yup...and you're sitting in it! hahaha [​IMG] I am just going to keep adding to this. I am going to try and keep it up weekly with a smugmug account.

The thing is, I am only bringing a camera and a road atlas. (no laptop) so...I will have to find ways to upload the pics, which may include having to download software onto library computers (which I don't know if they will let me do) I can always go to Kinkos. I know they allow that, but I don't know if they will be where I am when I want to stop and respond to emails and threads and upload pics.

Mike O did such a great job that I am going to try for something a little different. I will take pics of pretty stuff and back roads...but I want to snap a lot of interesting humans as well. (Kind of like Mike did the cars) We'll see.

Jesus! I can't wait to meet all of you people who have PMd me and told me to call when in the area in this thread. Thanks so much. I don't think I could possibly be more than 200 miles from help at any givin point now! [​IMG]

It's a good feeling to know that, even though you are on an adventure...someone has your back if you break down.[​IMG]
  7. Vance

Vance On my meds...

Oddometer:
    Thanks pally...I am sure I will smell your yummy smoked meat as I ride by your place...

I still think you shot Lennon! :-)
  8. Vance

Vance On my meds...

Oddometer:
    Yup...the plan is to slowly move my way across the bottom of the US to the tip of Florida through the winter....and then a big circle of the other states that I have not seen and end up in Sturgis by August...then, who knows...

The sleeping bag is rated to -40...so I think I will live. (not going to North Dekota until June!) :-)
  9. JamesJWeg

JamesJWeg "Speedy"

Oddometer:
    If your the rally type this might fit into your plans and there is sure to be some adver's there.

http://members.aol.com/bmwnef/rallynews.htm

James.
  10. Vance

Vance On my meds...

Oddometer:
    Thanks james...

Well, I have sold the computer, so my responses will slow way down from here on out. I will have to run to the library every other day...

Talk to yall soon...and thanks for everything!

V
  11. JamesJWeg

JamesJWeg "Speedy"

Oddometer:
    BTW, Vance, when your here in sc/nc/ga area I got computers and internet access you can use. Nothing like 3MB/sec upload speed. :evil

James.
  12. Meathead

Meathead tin man

Oddometer:
    Vance, I think I mentioned it before, and I know you've got friends in Atlanta, but scream at me when you're near - beer and wings are on me. :thumb

I've also got a place you can crash in if need be, and a place in North GA that you can use if you wanna camp/take a break.
  13. Queen

Queen Happy Camper

Oddometer:
    OK is Vance a giant Sasquatch, a little but very round guy or what??? Or does he just engage in gymnastic bed dancing???? :ear
  14. PirateJohn

PirateJohn Banned

Oddometer:

If that's the case, and if you need vittles, Guinness, or sleeping bag space around Jacksonville, FL feel free to give me a call.

Good luck, Mon!

PirateJohn
    904/874-8633
  15. DoctorIt

DoctorIt vrooom!

Oddometer:
    I was hoping someone would ask. I was curious about all those references too.

:ear

Bon Voyage Vance! BTW, LOVE your avatar!
    (GoSoX!)
  16. Sheriff Sarah

Sheriff Sarah Keep'em in line...

Oddometer:
    Vance is what they call a BFD...Big Fuckin Dude. Not little and round...but I guess you could say sasquatch-like. However, a handsome sasquatch with nice eyes :D
  17. ARRRGGGHHNUT

Oddometer:
    Think of it this way, he thinks he can get money selling his bed, so he prolly engages in gymnastic dancing in a very elegant way...:rofl...
  18. Vance

Vance On my meds...

Oddometer:
    For anyone who gives a rats ass...that is me on the left.
    Sarah...you are too sweet. You lucky guy AAARRRGGGHHHHHHHH!
    The rest of the guys are Turkish, Crash, Alain and his dog Melie, Lone Star, Tiny, Whammo and Jean Luc. If you missed that ride report search "drop and flog" hahahaha
    [​IMG]
  19. Queen

Queen Happy Camper

Oddometer:
    Dang Vance you're a cutie! :rabia
  20. ARRRGGGHHNUT

Oddometer:
    dang boy,
    you are getting hits left and right... Remind me to kick your ASS next time :bash:freaky( I dunno If I can kick that high up:dunno)...:rofl