The USA on 40 bucks a day...

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Vance, Oct 20, 2004.

1. mitch

mitch Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well I hope you have better luck than I did in the states all I ever got was 10 min. at the local libraries cos I was not a local. Canada was good they give you an hour. Enjoy the trip, by the look of it getting a bed and a feed will not be a problem

Good luck

mitch
  2. BeemerChef

BeemerChef Wandering Homeless

Oddometer:
    Send me a "line" when in Florida, near Fort Myers or Naples... I am on the road 6 months a year and I know the drill... always nice to have someone there lending a hand in hard and easy times, both.
    Be well... and have a great journey...
    I have been thinking myself about just taking off for "ever"... as I could live in a tent for the rest of my life... being single and debt free and having a great trade, every one must eat (!) it would not be too hard... but at 56 it seems like the security of the six months of work overpowers those thoughts... and then again... who knows... If I don't do it now I will never do it...
    Ara
  3. Vance

Vance On my meds...

Oddometer:
    Yeah I know brutha...and thanks. This was not an easy decission for me. I have always wanted to do it, but had kids young...and they are still young (3 girls 14-16) I had a long talk with them and they are cool with it. Hell, now that the oldest is driving I can hardly get her to come over on my weekends :-(... I am sure I will miss them the most. My youngest has a graduation in June next year from middle school...so I will ride back across country for that. This will be the longest that I have ever been away from them. I have a special website set up so that I can show them my travels in a little more PG rated fassion than it get's here...[​IMG] and I sure as hell don't want anyone holding back at this site.
  4. Vance

Vance On my meds...

Oddometer:
    Well Garsh...I have heard Hairy, big, ugly, moose, and FYYFF...but never cute. Muchos thankyous.
  5. richard cabesa

richard cabesa The Mayor Supporter

Oddometer:

:rofl yeah, 325 lbs of cutie :rofl
  6. GaelicDog

GaelicDog Lesser of Two Weasels

Oddometer:
    If and when in Atlanta, I got ya covered. I have a spare room. Gonne be stubborn? I got a motorhome in the yard so you can live up-town!!! If you get here later in the season the motorhome can be at the hunting land out near Madison, GA. ANd you are still wlecome to it!
  7. Gorilla King

Gorilla King Dobar Skorz! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Heck, when people get to the end of life it is not the deals they missed or the money they didn't make that is the source of regrets.
    It is the thing they did not do.
    Go for it.
    Have an extra room and shower in Carson City.
    Safe Journey.
  8. Flyingavanti

Flyingavanti With the Redhead on Back!

Oddometer:
    You are more than welcome to eat and restup here. We are in Corona, 50 miles east of Los Angeles. Let's talk Baja!

It MAY NOT be as interesting as a stay with BARTKIM!

If you get invited to BARTKIM's, let us know what she is really like..........:poser
  9. Gorilla King

Gorilla King Dobar Skorz! Supporter

Oddometer:
    You can always stand on "the stool of shame".

No, I am Spartacus!
  10. Vance

Vance On my meds...

Oddometer:
    Cool man...I used to live in Corona in one of those houseing tracts that butts up against the 10 Westbound. Near some mall there I think. Loved it. That is riden country!
  11. Vance

Vance On my meds...

Oddometer:
    If Arrrrrgggghhh stood on a stool, he'd have to pull my balls hard to kiss um! [​IMG] (but he's got such a cute accent, I'd give him a boost...)
  12. Sod Buster

Sod Buster Llano Estacado

Oddometer:
    Sounds like an awesome ride, if ya need a place to crash or help in any way in the state of Kansas PM me, or have someone else if no computer available. :thumb
  13. DWalt

DWalt **** The Beans....

Oddometer:
    There's a spot in the Team Redneck bunkhouse fo ya when you pass through Mississipp, inner net, shop, tools, beer and food too!.......

Cross the river at Natchez, (way cool town BTW) and come thirty miles south!!!!

Hope to see you, good luck!!!
  14. rapiti

rapiti IOR Veteran

Oddometer:
    Safe travels! Have you considered wintering in Mexico? Your $40 might go farther. Just a thought :freaky

Whatever you do, it will be better than not jumping off in the first place :thumb
  15. mike54

mike54 You don't get me

Oddometer:
    I'm too close to offer a place to stay or anything like that but if you're interested in a send off dinner once Ricky does his stuff to your bike
    I'll buy. Heck seems like a little ADVRider bon voyage party might be
    appropriate.
  16. Bigger Al

Bigger Al Still a stupid tire guy Supporter

Oddometer:
    Be safe and savor this trip, my friend. These things don't come along but once in most lifetimes, and I envy you your chance. If you're in Northern California, drop me a pm and there'll be a warm bed and good food waiting for you!
  17. Bigger Al

Bigger Al Still a stupid tire guy Supporter

Oddometer:
    Damn, Vance, I just saw the picture and thought I was lookin' at my long lost twin! Hope you're hungry when you get here!!
  18. osii

osii Disgruntled Time Traveler

Oddometer:
    Hey Vance,

Congrats on the trip. I did something similar last year all summer. I rally ratted for a couple of months. I think I hit 8 or 10 of them. One thing you'll come to realize is that you live in the best riding area in the country. I've been everywhere but the upper midwest, and the norcal/northwest area is by far the best place in the country for riding.

Drop me an email at osii@yahoo.com and I'll give you my contact info if you get in a jam and need some outside/calm help. Also I got a buddy in NW GA with a sort of bunkhouse for traveling wilbury's such as yourself.

I'm moving out of my place end of November too, so I might be into some adventures myself. Keep us all posted. Do you have a route or loose plan together yet?

Mike

AARRGGHH!!
  19. grizz

grizz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    SO TRUE , SO TRUE , SO TRUE..... What an incredible community we have.... ADVRIDER , UKGSER, HORIZONS UNLIMITED.... all driven by one thing.... adventure ( big or small) Always subscribed to the trust others policy myself, and kept an open house for fellow riders, as well as passing info and advice to make a ride or any action easier.
    You go Vance...!!!!!!!
  20. BeemerChef

BeemerChef Wandering Homeless

Oddometer:
    Be careful if you visit AAAARGH... as per picture he might have a serious "problem"!!!

[​IMG]

:rofl :rofl :rofl