The Warkshop gets social!

Discussion in 'Hack Vendors' started by warkshop, Nov 11, 2013.

1. claude

claude Sidecar Jockey

Oddometer:
    Bravo to ya Bob I knew you could get a picture of that on here. Do you still have it?
  2. warkshop

warkshop uncbob Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sold, should never have let the big tank go with it!
  3. claude

claude Sidecar Jockey

Oddometer:
    Bob Bob Bob ...that tank was YOU ! Who could possibly be worthy of running such a classic work by WarK product. It should have been bronzed and put in a national park somewhere or the Smithsonian. In any case and with all seriousness aside glad to see you here. By the way the last time Marston stopped by he was riding his older Goldthing on his way to the Deadhorse M/C/ Rally in Wyalusing and he had a totally bodyless Vetter Terraplane on it with a cargo box type body built into the frame structure. I asked him why he had not made some kind of accommodation for a passenger...he said: What do you mean? Led me around back and he had two buggy steps like the amish use on the rear of the frame. He said " there ya go". The passenger would stand on the steps and hold onto the terraplane rollbar...ala a fireman/firetruck type deal. Get it? Oh well what are legends made of....lol.
  4. warkshop

Oddometer:
    Cambridge, only a hop skip and jump away. It would great to have you guys stop by. I am open by appointment or chance. I answer my phone 7days 8AM-8PM. Give a shout some time 740-538-4746. I am going to try diligently keep up with my social mediation (chattering/forum stuff) but my phone is always in my pocket. I wouldn't mind having a Ural but mine would have to be a flathead, a proper, parts swapping R71 copy, i like flatheads.I'm not even sure rear suspension is a good idea! haha! Maybe it's cause i'm a little slow too!!Haha!
    Image is my flathead, did 3500 mile on it last year, i'm soooo in love![​IMG]
  5. llirttoc

llirttoc Adventure life

Oddometer:
    That bike needs a sidecar! Any plans for it? I'll show up one day soon. My grand parents lived in Reno for 45 years after they sold their Newport farm. They passed five years ago, and sadly missed. Look forward to meeting you and all your stuff.
  6. davebig

davebig Another Angry Hun !

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Bob you'd probably like this stuff,WW2 WLA ridden by Dutchmen who shipped them to Chicago flew in rode them to Sturgis and where on there way to MIlwaukee to HD and Chicago to go home when I encountered them.

[​IMG]
  7. Melrone

Melrone Long timer

Oddometer:
    Now thats cool..Was that this summer? Because I thought I ran into a bunch of guys riding on Hwy39 heading west toward the Mississippi...
  8. davebig

davebig Another Angry Hun !

Oddometer:
    That may have been them yes it was this summer, I ran into them in a Kwik Trip in Rochester went home and got my camera and ran into them a little east of Roch.DB
  9. warkshop

Oddometer:
    Look forward to seeing you. Sadly the stable is horribly thin at the moment. The '37 is in the shop for work, i just sold my 1940 BSA,,,very sad, but necessary. I do have our 2000 Kaw 800 Drifter with 560 Velorex outfit on hand. Wow! only one bike in the building, scary!
  10. kshansen

kshansen kshansen

Oddometer:
    And if you are nice when talking to Bob he might tell you the location of that Pub in town that has those great fried bologna sandwiches:clap
  11. warkshop

Oddometer:
    Rigged Nancy's Blast with a Velorex 560. Massive work but was happy with the result. The bike does need a serious suspension[​IMG][/IMG] upgrade, worst stock suspension of any bike in my experience.

[​IMG][/IMG]An attempt at an album,,,[​IMG] [​IMG]
  12. warkshop

Oddometer:
    :buellerNancy enjoyed this rig, but with stock suspension it was wallowy/mushy. I would do this job for a customer but it is so labor/time intensive it would be costly, likely too costly and the bike would need to have suspension upgrades before i'd start. The Blast actually has far better power than one would guess, you just have to ride it like you stole it. The power is way up in the rev range,,,but it is there! This outfit would fly along at 70 seemingly unconcerned!

[​IMG][​IMG][/IMG]
  13. Bobmws

Bobmws Curmudgeon At Large

Oddometer:
    Nicely done. Like your work-around for the exhaust!