The World of Wolfman.

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by wolfmanluggage, Dec 4, 2013.

1. jcmcc

jcmcc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is it possible to purchase the mounting straps/hardware for the enduro tank bag? I lost them in a move.
  2. Snake Oiler

Snake Oiler If the world didn't suck, we would all fall off

Oddometer:
    Pennsylvania, but living in a toy hauler full-time
    Can someone please help me and explain the difference between the first gen of the E-base and the current model? I believe there has only been the two styles and the first may not even been called an E-BASE.
  3. wolfmanluggage

wolfmanluggage Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    The original was the Rolie Saddlebag mount, circa 2008. The E and B Bases came out last November. The Rolie mount is equal to the now E-Base. The B-Base (B for big bike) is all new.
    To choose between the two is based on the width of the seat. E-Base for narrow Dirt and dual sport bikes. The B-Base for wider seats. The web site has the specs on the widths for both.
    Woof!e
  4. Snake Oiler

Oddometer:

Thanks Woofie. So the original rolie saddlebag mount is the same as the E-BASE ? I have an original and was hoping the the new model would be a tad wider to lower the side bags some. Dang.
  5. wolfmanluggage

Oddometer:
    Roughly the same. The E -Base is wider than the old Rolie. There are very specific reasons that I don't have the bags go lower.
    Woof!e
  6. sperduton

sperduton Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Woofie. I bought a used set of your side racks for a wr250r. Is there a weight limit for the racks. I'd like to run a 1 gallon rotopax and my expedition bag on one side and just the expedition bag on the other side.
  7. wolfmanluggage

Oddometer:
    No worries, we never weight rated them. But we mounted RotoPax to them and the expedition saddles on the outside. Never a problem.
    Woof!e
  8. Mr Head

Mr Head Adventure Hippie Supporter

Oddometer:
    While at the KTM Adventure Rider Rally in Breckenridge,

[​IMG]

I spied the Wolfman, but never got to talk to him. Great gear. Fun rally too.
    wolfmanluggage likes this.
  9. flux_capacitor

flux_capacitor I know a shortcut!

Oddometer:
    I saw a tease of a new bag that was going to be shown at the KTM Rally. When do the rest of us get to see the goods? :)
    Ocho NA and Snake Oiler like this.
  10. jdub

jdub Dawg bytes reel gud Supporter

Oddometer:
    I called and left a VM and then sent an email via the Wolfman website on Tuesday requesting assistance with your extremely confusing printed instructions for fitment of the universal saddle bag straps to my Expedition Dry saddle bags, but never received either a return call or email. Rather disappointing.....

Because I was leaving on a trip Thursday and needed this done with the bags, after studying the existing strap set-up more (and putting aside the instructions) I undid from their plastic buckle each bag's four 1" straps enough to remove the metal buckle on each that engage with the four welded loops on my DR650's Wolfman pannier racks. I then threaded on each universal strap in place of the removed metal buckle and redid the 1" bag straps to the plastic buckle as they had been. This allowed usage on my GS's Givi pannier racks, and was a very simple procedure - nothing like what was provided in the instructions which I still haven't figured out. Not sure if this is how you intended for the universal straps to attach, but it worked.

20190917_151854.jpg

Anyway, I'm a committed Wolfman user due to your great products (tank bags, saddle bags, tail bag, duffle bag) and great customer service I'd received in the past and just thought I'd provide this feedback. And please advise if there's something different I'm supposed to do regarding fitment of the universal saddle bag straps.

20190920_102915.jpg
    wolfmanluggage and jdubb75 like this.
  11. wolfmanluggage

Oddometer:
    Hey Sorry about our lack of service. We have been a bit.swamped. You have attached your straps correctly. Glad you got it sorted. Again my apologies.
    Thank you for the support.
    Woof!e
    Mr Head, jdub and Snake Oiler like this.
  12. MadVenTur7

MadVenTur7 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey Wolf!e,

I'm trying to find a 303 Duffel for a trip in November...the site says its Out of Stock and other vendors show it as Discontinued! Is the 303 Duffel a goner? Or are you going to be getting more in?

Thanks!!
  13. wolfmanluggage

Oddometer:
    Since we could not get enough product from manufacturing this year, certain products did not make the list. The 303 Series is on its way out. When they are gone they are gone. Woof!e
    Snake Oiler likes this.
  14. MadVenTur7

MadVenTur7 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info Wolf!e. Pity that the 303 series is departing this world.
  15. WYO George

WYO George Epstein didn’t kill himself

Oddometer:
    Damn. I like my red 303 bags, shoulda bought more I guess.
  16. Snake Oiler

Oddometer:
    Just the opposite. I bought a couple of the 303's and ended up getting rid of them and got the original Rolies. Hopefully those are disappearing also.
  17. wolfmanluggage

Oddometer:
    Rolies will stay.
  18. Snake Oiler

Oddometer:
    :clap
  19. wolfmanluggage

Oddometer:
    Thanks, your original reply had me a bit concerned "Hopefully those are disappearing also" meaning the classic rolies, a typo I hope.
    Woof!e
  20. Snake Oiler

Oddometer:

Yes sorry it was a typo. Brain was faster than my fingers. AGAIN. .

Yeah I have a few of the larger and medium Rolies that I use often. But haven't had a chance to try the small ones out. Always on the hunt for used deals. Lol.

My only complaint is I wish the larger ones were just a tad more volume than the 12.5L. 15L would be perfect for me and my application.

Thanks and keep up the good work.
    WYO George and wolfmanluggage like this.