The World of Wolfman.

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by wolfmanluggage, Dec 4, 2013.

1. AllSeasonRider

AllSeasonRider Wandering, maybe a little lost...

Oddometer:
    I also prefer made in USA when I can get it, but the new Wolfman stuff is NICE. I have a couple of 303 rollies as well some stuff from another major USA luggage manufacturer, and the new Wolfman stuff is nicer, and it looks and feels higher end.
    wolfmanluggage likes this.
  2. flux_capacitor

flux_capacitor I know a shortcut!

Oddometer:
    Is the existing Long Rollie big enough for a standard two man tent? I specifically have an REI half dome plus if it matters.
  3. wolfmanluggage

wolfmanluggage Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    It should I put a few 2 man tents inside.
    Plenty of space. Poles fit inside as well.
    Woof!e
    flux_capacitor likes this.
  4. flux_capacitor

flux_capacitor I know a shortcut!

Oddometer:
    Perfect! Thanks for the assist.
  5. wolfmanluggage

Oddometer:
    Of Course!
    Happy Thanksgiving
    Woof!e
    flux_capacitor likes this.
  6. White mt guy

White mt guy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Awesome sale Wolfman!!! Just ordered a B base , a pair of large and medium rollies, and a double ended rollies just because it was so cheap. $730.00 worth of gear for $348.00. Thank you:photog
  7. Toytec

Toytec Let's ride

Oddometer:
    001ec949c490156625ab03.jpg The issue I have with made in China
    ( having been there and seen this personally 2016 and 2017) Is their lack of caring about the environment. They use the yachee river as a trash can and pollute the air with no regulation at all. The air quality is terrible and trash and chemicals just go into the river.
    I hope where you are doing business there is not the same as what I have seen but I'm sure it is no where near the level of Japan.
  8. wolfmanluggage

Oddometer:
    Not at all. Clean factory with a clean room. I never saw anything like that.
    Traxx likes this.
  9. sealsam

sealsam Sam...I am. Supporter

Oddometer:
    I was at the LB show to specifically go to your booth and buy a set of Daytripper saddlebags, damn no inventory at the show.

The new stuff looks and feels good, will you still produce/have the Daytripper?
  10. Olde Phart

Olde Phart Olde Phart

Oddometer:
    Harrumph!!

It gets harder and harder to qualify just what Made in the USA really means. Some years back, I bought (used @96,000 mi. w/all factory service records) an "american" Chevrolet (made in Mexico ala NAFTA) that I dubbed my advanced entropy vehicle cuz on a quiet night you could hear it falling apart in the driveway. That POS cost me thousands of dollars in multiple repairs and replacement of major components and when the brakes failed(!!) I couldn't ditch that bitch fast enough. It was replaced with a "foreign" Toyota made by middle america farm boys in Indiana. Still running it too some 15 yrs. later with 150,000 on the clock without repairs or replacement of anything other than wear items.

Which one is more American? Some say where business/corporate money ends up where others will say where the worker's paycheck is spent ... I dunno and am past really caring anymore about splitting those hairs. What I do know is that I shop value, not price and I've found great value in Wolfman stuff since buying my first tank bag way back in '93 and they'll continue in the mix of gear I shop for.

I like what Mark Twain said about patriotism and the same thing can be said about the businesses too ...

Good meritocracy to ya!
    wee-twin, Snake Oiler, jdub and 3 others like this.
  11. wolfmanluggage

Oddometer:
    We have them on sale right now.
    Buy quick.
    Happy Thanksgiving.
    Woof!e
  12. flexiflyer

flexiflyer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Grabbed a couple Pitkin pole bags......didn't even know you had those except an email flyer mentioned them. Been looking for bags with those features for awhile.....mainly the multiple exterior loops. I didnt need anything else as none of my bags have worn out yet :lol3
  13. wolfmanluggage

Oddometer:
    I was thinking about this. In Shenzhen there are very few motorcycles. The police and propane delivery use them. The rest are a utility electric bicycle.
    Since this area is tropical there is a funk on almost every building. I have seen this in Hawaii, the Dominican republic. It was way more clean than I expected.
    Interesting country for sure.
    Woof!e
    kojack06 likes this.
  14. White mt guy

White mt guy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nicely said. I don't believe quality will change. What I do believe , being a small business owner myself is Wolfman will finally get his dues for all the hard work and may even see profits large enough to not stress about the future. That is the real American dream.
  15. Toytec

Toytec Let's ride

Oddometer:
    20191127_133538.jpg I got my tank bag today. Beautiful product, and I have two more items coming.
    wolfmanluggage and kojack06 like this.
  16. NCwolf

NCwolf Adventurer

Oddometer:
    First off - I am a huge fan of Wolfman. HUGE. Aside from a small GL handlebar bag, my dual sport, enduro/trail bikes, and ADV bike use nothing but Wolfman luggage. The Explorer tank bag remains on my DL 650 permanently, aside from shipping it out to California a handful of times for mounting on rented bikes for week-long rides. Still looks like the day I got it. The front fender bag is one of the most durable pieces of kit I've ever owned, and it's survived thousands of hard miles strapped onto a CRF450 tearing up single track and fire roads - again, still looks new.

I must say hearing production is moving to China is disappointing; being USA made was one of the reasons I started out using Wolfman in the first place - I think it represents the pinnacle of quality, design, and innovation American manufacturing was once well known for. HOWEVER - as a mechanical engineer who has worked in R&D roles in the past and has faced the challenge of sourcing parts and choosing manufacturing...I get it. Sometimes it's just not possible to source things here. I've been to China and toured factories in Shenzen, Suzhou, etc. Put simply, China puts out alot of crap, this is very true. BUT (and this gets lost on most people), they put out a ton of high quality stuff as well; I've seen it first hand. It's all about who's running the show and the efforts they put in place to ensure quality. For that reason, I have no fear of Wolfman's quality slipping with the move - they set the standard in quality and I see no reason they won't continue to do so. So while I'm disappointed, from a pragmatic standpoint, I see why this move was necessary considering the features built into the 2020 line of products.

I look forward to their release and picking up some of those pieces HOWEVER, I was about to buy some E12 bags for myself and my dad for Christmas and noticed alot is significantly on sale on the Wolfman website, which led to me deciding what ELSE I should pick up and take advantage, which ultimately led me to this thread where I've discovered why it's being marked down. A few questions:

- Once the current stuff is gone, it's gone correct? I've had my eye on some of it for a while so this will definitely make me get a move on
    - Does ANYONE have an enduro carry all?!?! I had my eye on this earlier this year for a trip but my Rocky Mtn cart was already...shall we say full, so I decided to wait. And now of course it's been discontinued it seems so I missed it. Surely there's one in the stockroom somewhere. :D
    - What about the 303 rolies? Just this morning I was scheming on my plan to use one of the bases and a handful of these bags as a ~week long setup on the V-Strom. Understood that the 2020 stuff will probably be even better, but I'm now considering investing in the current setup now vs waiting

Thanks for all the hard work in putting out quality products; I'm going to stock up on some of the classic stuff and look forward to giving you more of my money once the 2020 line comes out.

:D
  17. wolfmanluggage

Oddometer:
    Thank You for the kind words. The classic Wolfman line....when it's gone it is gone. It has been a huge transition year. Thank you for the support.
    Woof!e
  18. jdubb75

jdubb75 Vicarious Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Maybe I missed it, but what is going to replace the Enduro Tank Bag? Do you have a similar one being offered with the new waterproof material?
  19. wolfmanluggage

Oddometer:
    Absolutely, it is the same name with a WP on the end. IMG_20191022_103423.jpg
    Snake Oiler and jdubb75 like this.
  20. NCwolf

NCwolf Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Good to know! Thanks for the response - might need to grab a bigger "cart"

:D

Hope when you went over to China you had a script for some Cipro. I spent a week there and got horrible food poisoning in the Hong Kong airport the day we left...it was an interesting flight back. But that stuff is like napalm! An interesting country for sure - the smog I expected but what I didn't expect was how green in fact the manufacturing areas were (I mean that literally - as in parks and such everywhere). Was not at all what I had pictured. And the food in Shanghai was awesome.

The new enduro tank bag looks sweet! Might have to wait for that one to come out; a tank bag in particular I think will be much more convenient to be waterproof. Good stuff!