The WunderLINQ, upgrade your Navigation system

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by regnock, May 29, 2018.

1. tetves

tetves n00b

Oddometer:
    I am new here. Thank you for the opportunity. I received the product and installed it. Will iOS version be upgraded?
    What improvements are still to come?
  2. chrisjk

chrisjk Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Can you zoom in/out on maps with the wonderwheel? Does it work with Locus and Kurviger and TomTom?
  3. regnock

regnock Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You should definitely check out the beta if your not on it, we push new updates almost weekly. Most of the new functionality comes from feature suggestions that our customers send in. Some things in the pipe are data grid enhancements and more 3rd Party device control, ie. Action Cams and 2way radios.
  4. regnock

regnock Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Zoom In/Out works with OsmAnd, Scenic, Maps.me(Soon), Lotus and Kurviger. Lotus and Kurviger only do zoom at the moment.
    chrisjk likes this.
  5. PowerT

PowerT Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Any idea when the next run of "Adventure Edition" WonderLINQ will be available?
  6. regnock

regnock Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We have a small run on CNC cases being made right now and hope to make them available in a few weeks.
    PowerT likes this.
  7. RonkoRider

RonkoRider Wrong Island, NY Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've been obsessed with this product since I buddy of mine mounted it on his bike. I was wondering if anyone here tried mounting an Ipad Mini with Cellular and GPS on their ride yet. I think it would be great to have a large clear screen to read data while riding.
    CrustyAPO and Podman like this.
  8. Juan Posada

Juan Posada Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Following so I can be notified when the CNC cases are available.
  9. Podman

Podman Rocketman

Oddometer:
    really am happy with your product -I just have two questions

The odometer does not show what the odometer on my bike states and second my trip 1 odometer froze and as a result does not show the actual mileage

anyway to reset these two grids

Thanks

Mike

Dublin, Ohio
  10. Perperub

Perperub Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi! This thing looks interesting. Sorry for the newbie question: How do you mount the phone to the WunderLINQ?
  11. regnock

regnock Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You'll need to use a mounting system that will use an AMP bolt pattern. Here are some ideas. Our Magnetic Mount will be available soon.
    Perperub likes this.
  12. RJAMT

RJAMT Who remembered the winch? Supporter

Oddometer:
    I noticed that the Hondo Garage Perfect Squeeze is not listed in your compatible phone mounts but one of your videos shows it mounted. They look like a wonderful combination. Does the hole pattern on the back of the Perfect Squeeze marry up with the hole pattern on the Wunderlinq? What size screws would I need to get to make the connection or do the ones that come with the phone mount work just fine?

Second question. Is the only difference between the Commuter and Adventure versions that one case is plastic and the other is aluminum? Since the entire GPS mount is plastic does it really matter?

Thanks for answering what may seem like silly questions but I just "discovered" your product and it looks really nice so I plan to buy but need to work out what I'll do with my phone. I have a Rokform mount on my handlebar currently but for navigation I'd much rather have the phone in line of sight.
  13. regnock

regnock Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That video showed an early prototype with holes drilled in the Lid. The lid is not meant to be removed from the final version. Unfortunately, the Hondo mount also has threaded holes for mounting. I believe there was another inmate who made an adapter though.

Besides strength, the difference between the Adventure and Commuter is pretty much just cosmetic.
    RJAMT likes this.
  14. RJAMT

Oddometer:
    That's what I suspected. Thanks for the feedback.

The more I think about it I might prefer the Ram mount anyway since I can easily change the orientation depending on the situation. I've had good luck with them holding well.

My Doubletake mirrors use Ram mounts and only move when I drop the bike during "extreme off-roading" (aka the gravel road down the street :imaposer).
  15. sgroover

sgroover Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have the commuter Wlinq and use the ram ball / x-grip and really like it. Highly recommend both.

Sammy
  16. RJAMT

Oddometer:
    Just ordered the commuter model. Hope the weather is good when it arrives so I can try it out!

I'm going to try the perfect squeeze mounted on a ram ball. I used to have the x-grip but the rubber pieces kept popping off and getting lost and then it won't hold the phone. I also don't like the bit of wiggle it has. On pavement it's pretty stable but off-pavement it bounces about and trying to read the map like that would drive me crazy.

I know the ram arm will hold the ball mount on the Wunderlinq and the ball mount of the perfect squeeze which I know will hold the phone. The ball mount also allows easy switching between portrait and landscape depending on what I'm doing.
  17. Pongo

Pongo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What is the phone on the cover page of the wonderlinq site?
  18. regnock

regnock Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That is a Pixel 3XL
    Pongo likes this.
  19. ontrip

ontrip Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Any Black Friday deals? Currency exchange, shipping and import duties really drive up the cost on this!
  20. RJAMT

Oddometer:
    Got my commuter yesterday and used it "commuting" to work this morning. Still working on dialing in the settings the way I like.

I setup the data screen to read GPS speed and altitude but they only show no fix on my Samsung Galaxy S10. Should those values be reading from the phone or the bike? Values obviously from the bike like tire pressure, trip meter, etc look good. Also, the phone task switcher using long left press works some of the time but not always. I know it's listed as experimental but will be REALLY useful if it works consistently.

Looks like a great product so thank you!
    sodapop likes this.