The WunderLINQ, upgrade your Navigation system

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by regnock, May 29, 2018.

1. regnock

regnock Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We do have a Black Friday sale going on right now, 20% of WunderLINQs with the code 'BF19'. Happy Thanksgiving to those celebrating!
  2. Pongo

Pongo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ordered the aluminum one, thanks
  3. DRTBYK

DRTBYK All Things GPS Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hi Guys,

I noticed the announcement about Guru Maps supporting WunderLINQ for zooming. When will Guru Maps show as one of the selectable Navigation Apps in the WunderLINQ Integration settings?
  4. regnock

regnock Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Dan,

They have not added a method for 3rd party apps to launch Guru Maps yet, as soon as it does get added we'll add it in. They plan on adding this and back to WunderLINQ support.

Keith
  5. DRTBYK

Oddometer:
    Thanks Keith - Really looking forward to being able to WunderLINQ w/ Guru Maps Pro. They have the best maps, offline searching & navigation performance going.

Cheers & Happy Holidays to you guys and your families.
  6. AdamChandler

AdamChandler Ascending n00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    Looking to buy a Wunderlinq but I'd like to mount a TomTom Rider 550 to it, can someone provide measurements of the bolt pattern / width on the front of it?
  7. regnock

regnock Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Adam,

Its a standard AMP pattern, see here for details on the spacing. The mounting pattern consists of four holes in a rectangular pattern spaced 1.188 inches by 1.813 inches.

Keith
  8. AdamChandler

AdamChandler Ascending n00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks. The TomTom came with this kit:

[​IMG]

Which has this plate:
    https://www.amazon.com/National-Products-RAM-B-202U-Electronic-Aluminum/dp/B00EET8X8Y

"2.5" round plate connects to RAM device holders containing the universal AMPS hole pattern"

So looks like I have everything I need to install my GPS on it and I'll do a 6" USB cable to power the TomTom via the Wunderlinq.

Question, you're sold out currently, any ETA on new stock?
  9. regnock

regnock Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looks like you should be fine.

We hope to have more built by the end of February early March. We have been moving our injection molding to an Inmates company in the USA.

Keith
    S-curvy and AdamChandler like this.
  10. RJAMT

RJAMT Who remembered the winch? Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey Adam. You should know that, at least on my 2017 GSA, the mount is not exactly "rock solid". The Wunderlinq is certainly not going to fall out but it isn't the most stable platform to mount more devices from either.

For the street, I am running a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" with a Ram ball on both the Wunderlinq and the Hondo Garage Big Squeeze and a 1" Ram arm connecting them. It isn't going to fall off but it does shake more than I would like due to the less than firm fit in the GPS mount. The whole assembly vibrates and shakes over bumps.

As a work-around I mounted a Ram ball to the GPS support bracket and used a 3" Ram arm to the tablet Ram ball. That isn't as clean looking but is very solid with either the phone or tablet. Off-road I use my Galaxy phone and the smaller Perfect Squeeze. This combination is considerably lighter and smaller but still gives me tons of functionality.

The Wunderlinq works pretty well with Android devices. Some functions still need work but I'm pretty happy with it so far. I run my tablet in split-screen mode with the bike data AND my GPS app of choice on the screen while also streaming music/podcast/audiobook. Have you considered running the TomTom android app instead of a stand-alone unit? It does other things but the main point of the Wunderlinq is to get the bike computer data to your phone. Can you send it to the TomTom 550? That might be interesting.
    AdamChandler likes this.
  11. Oeths

Oeths Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi guys, when will the stock available ?
    Both Commuter and Adventure out of stock at the moment.
  12. 2 Dogs

2 Dogs 2 Dogs Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have a unti that I'm not using. If anyone is interested in it, PM me.
    RonkoRider and AdamChandler like this.
  13. DRTBYK

Oddometer:
    @regnock ...hope you and Wayne and families (and everyone else) are well. Just wondering if WunderLINQ (you guys) are going to be at the BMW Rally in Great Falls (assumptions made)? Planning to be there (consolation prize) since we won't be riding from Tokyo to Munich.
  14. regnock

regnock Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    @DRTBYK, Thanks and same to you and your family. We are registered to be at the Great Falls and 49r Rallies this year.
  15. BDO

BDO Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sadly the MOA West rally has been postponed till 2021.
    AdamChandler likes this.
  16. DRTBYK

Oddometer:
    As has the 49r and most of the Rallies this summer.
  17. Podman

Podman Rocketman

Oddometer:
    So question when using wonderLINQ app on my iPhone. If I get a call on my iPhoneXR after I hang up I am locked out of the wunderLINQ app unless I type my passcode into my phone - anyway of getting around this?
  18. DRTBYK

Oddometer:
    @Podman ...just to clarify, when you have the WunderLINQ App open and you get a call, after you end the call, your iPhone Locks? I've never seen that issue on any of my iPhones while using WunderLINQ. After a call ends, my iPhone simply reverts back to the App that has the focus. Have you tried keeping the focus on the WunderLINQ App while you take a call?
  19. Podman

Podman Rocketman

Oddometer:
    Correct -after a call ends my iPhone does not revert back to the app but am locked out of my phone until I punch in my passcode-I figured it out the time out for auto-lock was too short-thanks you made me "think"
    m931a2 likes this.
  20. Dale402

Dale402 The holder of what's unused Supporter

Oddometer:
    Is there an online manual for the Wunderlinq? I bought one used here on AdvRider to test before the new ones come out. I have a R1250 GSA and can’t get any functionality when connected. It does have Nav Prep.

Thank you. Love the idea of Wunderlinq over the Garmin Nav 5
    Dale