The XTZ750 Super Tenere

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by ralogan, Jan 24, 2002.

1. amageo929

amageo929 n00b

Oddometer:
    and the beast together

Attached Files:

2. amageo929

amageo929 n00b

Oddometer:
    xtz 750 iv.jpg and the beast together...
    lithodave and TENERE like this.
  3. ANKOF

ANKOF Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have upgraded my bike with Matris F15k cartridge kit and a Wilbers 641c shock. I choose the cartridge kit instead of a front end swap cause I thought it would be the same money in the end, I didnt want the hassle and it would be good enough for my needs, I dont need 300mm of travel in the front when I dont have it in the rear. Choose the Wilbers before Mupo and some other alternatives cause the swedish importer is in the area and they are good, as are the shock. Feels like a completely different bike (the relocated footpegs made big difference to). Cant compare with UPS fork on it and I have limited experience with modern enduro bikes but in my oppinion it runs really good. I run the oem springs in the fork, initially I thought they where to stiff but the harder I go the better they respond so far so Im not sure... does any one know what weight the oem springs are set up for and how it would affekt things with cartridges?

(by the blurry photo below you can see the bike is so fast now it blurs even when standing still)
    :-)
    [​IMG]
    BRAVOS, Woonjas, 3TD00900 and 2 others like this.
  4. Bowler

Bowler Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You're the first rider I hear of that has the Matris cartridge. Good to hear about it! Was it worth the money? How was installing it? Do you have pictures?
  5. ANKOF

ANKOF Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I took a shoot at it. Found some talk about it on a triumph forum, seemed like a big thing among them and it was all positive. Other than that I didn't find anything besides that Matris is good stuff. I payed 560 euro +shipping, for that money I would say definitely worth it if you got the money. Now the same place

//www.racingonelab.com/en/shop/17807/matris/hydraulic-fork-cartridge-matris-kit-f15k-series-adjustable-in-rebound-compression-and-spring-preload-the-kit-keeps-the-original-spring-set/

630 inkl shipping, with my experience now I would go for it. No big difference but over 600 feels much more expensive:-)

I've just picked up a used WP Lc4 UPS fork for my DR650. On that bike I don't need and have to convert to twin brakediscs and I'm driving it harder on tighter enduro tracks so over all it feels more rational than just go with emulators or any other upgrade on the 41mm OEM fork.

Easy installation. No pictures. The only thing I did outside the manual was to fasten it on the top before I tightened the bottom bolt to make sure it aligned 100%. Then take it apart on the top and fill oil and so on. The thing that took some time was to fabricate a tool to hold the inside to get oem internal apart. Didn't find any measurements on the web so it was som trial and error.

on forks before I managed with a tool like the one down on the left, now I started with one like it in a dimension I thought would fit and ended up with that on the right. 500mm long and about 30-31mm across, not a precission tool but it worked

[​IMG]
    Bowler likes this.
  6. 3TD00900

3TD00900 Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Attached Files:

7. ANKOF

ANKOF Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Matris list it for s10 on their site, dont know way carpimotos not.
  8. Bowler

Bowler Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Had a nice ride last sunday!
    [​IMG]

Sadly the stator has died, so I'll have to get a new one..
  9. BRAVOS

BRAVOS Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Time for an update on the ST, Hyperpro progressive springs and Ohlins rear shock....huge difference from 31 year old soft linear springs....same goes for the tired shock....feels like a new bike, but better than when it was new....the front brake system already had the hoses replaced by HEL braided ones, now i replaced the master cylinder for a Brembo one from a FZ1-N for increased power. It won't make it brake like a sportsbike, but it is an improvement....

Attached Files:

EXTEEZED and Bowler like this.
  10. Dan uk

Dan uk Adventurer

Oddometer:
  11. Jarek77

Jarek77 n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi,this is my Super tenere.
    Lots of work to do through the winter but I think you guys help me and bike will be ready for next season on and off road. 20200817_184916.jpg
    Dan uk, yamalama and Bowler like this.
  12. EXTEEZED

EXTEEZED Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This bike doesn’t look like it needs any work at all!
  13. Lewilewi

Lewilewi Ride it like you stole it......

Oddometer:

Fuck about with it and wipe value off! People love original
  14. Jarek77

Jarek77 n00b

Oddometer:
    On picture bike looks good but needs lots of attention. So far I checked engine and is still in very good condition. Cylinders compression is exactly like Haynes manual shows ,valves ok too. Carburetors need to be rebuild.
    I will be inform you guys about work progress.
  15. 3TD00900

Oddometer:
    For carburetor rebuild use OEM Mikuni parts.
    They from keyster and consortium works not well.
  16. Jarek77

Jarek77 n00b

Oddometer:
    Where I can buy OEM carburetor parts?
    Wemoto UK has some for something about £50 one set. Is they are good?
  17. wb22rules

wb22rules Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  18. 3TD00900

Oddometer:
  19. danielmorlock

danielmorlock n00b

Oddometer:
    5C54B7EA-1E9C-4E0D-907B-A3F1185F7687.JPG
    Im new on this forum. My Super Tenere XTZ750 1996
    3TD00900, Bowler and Jarek77 like this.