1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

The Yamaha Super Tenere XT1200Z Big Thread

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by mr moto, Feb 9, 2008.

1. MrVvrroomm

MrVvrroomm Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sold my '14 ES w/10K miles in spring '17 for $9995. Sold my wife's '15 non-ES w/5K miles in spring '17 for $9995. Both were tastefully equipped (nothing like FM dreamer above). We felt happy/lucky to get what we got.

Both had OEM heated grips. LOL
  2. Wreckchecker

Wreckchecker Ungeneer to broked stuff. Supporter

Oddometer:
  3. blitz11

blitz11 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I like this perspective.

Maybe it's a case of "Honey, I am TRYING to sell it, but there are no takers. I'll just keep riding it in the meantime."
  4. okiegtrider

okiegtrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Look who I ran into in the Texas Hill Country. Some of you that have hung around this thread a while will remember.

20190819_113300.jpg
  5. Vrode

Vrode Not my problem Supporter

Oddometer:
    Is that an FJ he’s on?
    olie and okiegtrider like this.
  6. Adanac rider

Adanac rider O.S.T.R. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Suspension Query here. I have the es model and I'm trying to put a comparison to manually adjustable suspension . Preload is simple enough and is calibrated pretty good , so on to soft std. and hard , Is that the compression dampening ? The +3 to -3 is ???? Rebound , Hi speed rebound ? I can't seem to find an explanation . Thx
  7. ricerooster

ricerooster Adventurer

Oddometer:
    New owner.

Traded in my MY12 NC700X, it was a fantastic moto even after all the suspension mods I've done to it but the more I drove it everyday on my 200 mile round trip commute the more I wanted out of the bike. I've been looking at an adventure bike that had more power, cruise control, traction control, ABS, and reliability. At the dealer last week I couldn't pass up a deal on a brand new 2018 Yamaha Super Tenere ES, it has meet all my expectations, except for a funk and mpgs..lol. Almost put 2000 miles on it already and I think I'm done farkling it.

20190816_160351.jpg 20190823_192953.jpg
    Jdhuff, davyjones, AZ Dean and 12 others like this.
  8. regder

regder Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Congrats on the move! Are your highbeams on, or have you done something with the bulbs?
    ricerooster likes this.
  9. madrider5150

madrider5150 Riding somewhere

Oddometer:
    My post on that ad got deleted lol
  10. Paper

Paper I can see Iowa from my yard!! Supporter

Oddometer:
    What are you getting as comparison to the Honda 700?

That's normal. If the moderators don't think you're genuinely interested they delete all conversation. They're strict about free bumps, kind of. :photog
  11. ricerooster

ricerooster Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I think the high beams were on.
  12. ricerooster

ricerooster Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sofar I've been averaging 46mpg on the S10 that's with cruise control set at 75mph on my commute but a little bit of aggresive throttle every now and then since I've been enjoying the power. On the NC I was getting 58mpg at 75mph, that's with all luggage full, 45t sprocket, and a bigger windscreen.
  13. Paper

Paper I can see Iowa from my yard!! Supporter

Oddometer:
    46 sounds right. I was getting the same with my 1200GS as I do with my S10.
    Sub 60 mph stuff results in better than 50, and higher than 80 and I’m in the lows 40’s.
    ricerooster likes this.
  14. okiegtrider

okiegtrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    A very nicely accessorized Tracer GT.
    olie and Vrode like this.
  15. brasters

brasters Just Bob Supporter

Oddometer:
  16. DirtyRoadie

DirtyRoadie Long timer

Oddometer:
    Changing the topic for a moment. TwinRider, I finally gave in to your pressure and had my '14 flashed. Here are my observations on a flashed Gen II. No more popping on decelleration. Smother on/ off throttle response, especially at low revs. Feels a bit "gruntier" at low revs in all gears with a bit more wallop in the low gears at low revs. On top I don't feel much difference, but it was strong enough to begin with. All in all I am happy with the changes and feel it was money well spent. Also the tech who tuned it changed the settings for the cooling fan. It now comes on at 205 instead of 220. I would not describe the differences in how it runs as huge as I was pretty happy with the bike stock, but definitely improved. My son had his '13 GenI flashed and says the difference in smoothness of throttle response is HUGE.
  17. Georgios

Georgios Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Would be interesting if you´ll notice a difference in fuel consumption. Obviously there is an increase in fuel in the low compartment, which make the difference.
  18. DirtyRoadie

DirtyRoadie Long timer

Oddometer:
    I am curious myself. The tech said that it would not have much of an impact because he didn't add fuel where you spend the majority of your time riding. Just "filled the gaps" to make it smother and removed the restrictions from the lower gears. I was regularly getting 46 MPG. I'll post if that changes dramatically.
  19. DirtyRoadie

DirtyRoadie Long timer

Oddometer:
    I should also add that engine braking has been reduced. Used to be that when I let off the gas it almost felt like I was applying the brake. Now, post flash, it feels more natural.
  20. Georgios

Georgios Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Rode a ´19-model recently for three days and throttle response was very smooth for me. It was also very strong in third gear.