The Yamaha TW200 Thread...

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by neepuk, Jan 10, 2009.

1. elveepee

elveepee Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have been trying to join the TW200 forum for over a month and have not been able to. Any suggestions?
  2. chrishunt

chrishunt getting a sunburn

Oddometer:
    Try again? I just joined a few days ago. It took about 3 minutes. :D
  3. RogueClimber

RogueClimber Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I rode mine home from the dealer today and I am so psyched:clap

I now have a whopping 11 miles on the TW--and it is much more fun than a jeep!

Keep watching Craig's List and other forums and if you see one that is looking good don't hesitate a moment or it will be gone. DAMHIK
  4. RogueClimber

RogueClimber Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    For all the tales of just how fun the TW is I am surprised to see this thread languish...

So as a new TW owner I'm giving it a bump.

Cycle Racks has been discussed on other threads but I had read only enough to know the actual rack was what I was after. I missed the part about how great of customer service Don provides. Where else in today's world do you have a seller say "Don't worry about paying now, I'll ship it to you and if you like it send me a check."

Holy crap! All I can say is wow. I am impressed. :clap

So a big thanks to Don at cycleracks.com

I can't wait to get my rack!
  5. HBN

HBN lostwithmike.com

Oddometer:
    Bumpity

Used my rack camping at Laurel Fork recently. Schweeet. My boss even bought one also for his KLX250S

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  6. Speed Rayzor

Speed Rayzor n00b

Oddometer:
    Check the "junk" folder of your in-box. I found my invitation there weeks after I tried to register. I'm not sure how it got there, but there it was.
  7. Colemanfu

Colemanfu King of all manfu

Oddometer:
    I have been adding my extra Harley parts to my wifes little TW. Can you spot em - I see 4.

I enjoy the hell out of this little bike and ride it to work 90% of the time. Only a 16 mile round trip, last mile is posted at 45mph the rest is 25-35 with 6 miles with views like this.

This time of year the sun is up by the time I pull out.
  8. elveepee

elveepee Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I use the same email and password trying to join the TW200 forum that I use here. I have also joined the Thumper forum with the same combo. I have checked the "junk mail" folders and there is no response getting through. Is there an email address I might use to try to contact the moderator?
  9. AnthonyD

AnthonyD Nothing to see here...

Oddometer:
    It took me 4 tries with 3 different email addresses.The confirmation emails wouldn't even come in to my spam folder, they must have just gotten totally blocked. The only one that ended up working for me was gmail, and it ended up in my spam folder until I told it to mark it "Not Spam"
  10. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Navigate 2 Adventure

Oddometer:
    My Friend's wife rode her TW200 on our Spring Break ride......we started heading up into snow......guess what?.....snow melts/mud forms!!!......Her TW had a large tumor growing on it's left side!!! :lol3 :lol3 ....fun/reliable little bikes.....I may add one to my stable

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More pics in the the Spring Break Trip report link in my signature.....
  11. elveepee

elveepee Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have now tried four (4) different email addresses and still no success. Can someone who is a member ask the moderator to contact me at paynelloyd5@gmail.com .
    Thanks
  12. Solomoriah

Solomoriah likes the back roads

Oddometer:
    I've posted an open request. ChopperCharles is largely unavailable, and though I seem to recall there being another moderator, I can't recall his handle.
  13. rhgwynn

rhgwynn n00b

Oddometer:
    Smith, Charles choppercharles@gmail.com
    8 Hickorywood Sq
    Durham, North Carolina 27713
    United States
    (919) 423-0834

Disclaimer: This information was obtained by performing a Whois query at GoDaddy.com, the host for tw200forum.com.

The "other mod" is goldenhtr, and only holds minimal privileges outside of those granted to normal users.
  14. HBN

HBN lostwithmike.com

Oddometer:
    Scary:uhoh
  15. elveepee

elveepee Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I was contacted and now am a member of the TW200 Forum!!! :clap
    I will show up as "el payne". :deal
  16. CaptD

CaptD Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great to see a TW thread over here at ADV. Found it thru the TW forum. I've been around a couple of years. Anybody else from South Florida? Capt D.
  17. CaptD

CaptD Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here is my contribution to the ADV TW Thread. As I told the guys over at the TW site over 2 years ago if your buying a new TW check out MotoMans Break- in Secrets at www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm. Thats how I broke in my 2007 TW. He says to run it hard and to change the engine oil at 20 miles. I am certainly a believer as I was amazed at all the metal that came out when I changed my oil at 22 miles. Its only 1 qt. and 4 oz. Read through all his tips and draw your own conclusions. Capt D.
  18. Solomoriah

Solomoriah likes the back roads

Oddometer:
    I did the hard breakin on my TW. Changed the oil at 20 miles, then again at about 60, and again just past 100. Took out less metal each time. Runs great so far, about 400 miles total, not using any oil at all. I'll probably change the oil again around 500-600 miles just to see what comes out.
  19. dillon

dillon Low Speed, High Drag

Oddometer:
    really the key to proper engine break in is to get some good full throttle to closed throtle action in there as soon as you can. The rings actually are pressed away from the piston and against the cylinder walls harder as combustion chamber pressure rises. This is what hard acceleration does, and thus your rings break into the cylinders faster. If you baby it too much then your cylinders will glaze before the rings break into them. That there is proven fact. Back in the day with deisels they used to just idle em for 12-16 hours after an overhaul, but that was when they only lasted 500K miles. Now with the new 1 million miles engines, as soon as they get put back together they are run from wide open to idle under a load on a dyno for 4-6 hours to break them in. The most important part of engine break in is to load it down, that means hard acceleration and deceleration. I still wouldnt run a small engine to redline within the first 500 miles though, and the whole oil change thing is a good idea but it wont hurt much if you run to the recomended 500.
  20. flak

flak Long timer

Oddometer:
    that muddy t-dub pic above was great

the mud alone must have added 10lbs :D