There Will Be Dust VII - AZ

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by cactus_reese, Nov 26, 2019.

1. cactus_reese

cactus_reese Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Patagonia, AZ, Nov 22, 2019: I rode down Friday night because i thought it would be too cold to ride in the morning.
    [​IMG]

I checked in and signed the waiver then found a camp spot.
    I rode into the camping green and Rich and Allen invited me to join their fire. Rich had a Christini 2WD conversion on his KTM.
    [​IMG]

I set up my tent for the night and then went to dinner at the Wagon Wheel Saloon with Rich and Allen. It was pretty cold that night and I ended up putting on a jacket inside my mummy bag.

[​IMG]

Nov 23, 2019: 40 deg C. I was debating whether ride the Adventure route or the Dual Sport route, but some guys gravitated to me when they saw I was loaded with gear and asked if they could join me on the adventure route. I agreed to do that. Below is my bike.
    [​IMG]

I thought this guy with the side car would do the adventure route, but no.
    [​IMG]
    krautman likes this.
  2. cactus_reese

cactus_reese Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    These other GS's belonged to the two Gandolfini brothers who rode down that morning in the cold.
    [​IMG]

Rick was the first guy to approach me about the ADV route. We had him lead on his KTM 950 because he knew the area. The first part of the ride had a little bit of mud.
    [​IMG]

Russ was riding clean-up all morning on his Africa Twin.
    [​IMG]

Rick tells us of the boat ramp addition recently at Pena Blanca Lake.
    [​IMG]

Jason was on a brand new F850GS.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Arivaca and then to Amado for lunch.
    [​IMG]

Longhorn Grill and Saloon
    [​IMG]

There was no dust this year because of all the rain.
    AzMtnThumper likes this.