These are my Adventures

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by TheDecepticon, Apr 18, 2016.

1. GelandeRoadie

GelandeRoadie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks, that is fantastic. Very enjoyable.
  2. TheDecepticon

TheDecepticon Wannabe

Oddometer:
    Glad you are all enjoying it. Thanks very much for the positive feedback and likes. :clap
  3. TheDecepticon

TheDecepticon Wannabe

Oddometer:
    Howdy.

This should probably go in the big ride thread although it really isn't up to that standard.

Part 1 video of 11 days to and from Adelaide into NSW with me on my DR and my son and daughter in his old Rodeo.

Great trip, had a ball, went to Bathurst to see the track before the big race, Parks to see The Dish and Mudgee Observatory among some of the stops.

Video only sorry, hope you like it.

B10Dave and Bounty1 like this.
  4. TheDecepticon

TheDecepticon Wannabe

Oddometer:
    Here is a brief map of the route we took.

[​IMG]
    Aldingascrubber likes this.
  5. Dances With Roos

Dances With Roos Bikenomad

Oddometer:
    :lurk:lurk
    TheDecepticon likes this.
  6. masterbrewer

masterbrewer TDMster

Oddometer:
    :lurk:lurk
  7. The Virginian

The Virginian Long timer

Oddometer:
    Love the ride report! Thanks for sharing and very enjoyable this morning with a cup of coffee on a cold morning. :*sip* :happay

Eric
  8. TheDecepticon

TheDecepticon Wannabe

Oddometer:
    Thanks for dropping in and having a look guys! :-)
    The Virginian likes this.
  9. Aldingascrubber

Aldingascrubber n00b

Oddometer:
    Like ya work
  10. TheDecepticon

TheDecepticon Wannabe

Oddometer:
    Thought I'd do a little update as Bunnyslayer, Leighwgold and I decided to get away for a couple of days. Location? Lindsay Point and Murray Sunset National Park for a bit of camping and riding and 4wding! :clap

Leigh left Adelaide earlier than us and rode up on some dirt tracks through Swan Reach, New Well and onto Loxton and Renmark. Bunnyslayer and I left after I got home from work on Friday arvo (9th Dec) at about 4.30 and slabbed it to Renmark where we met up with Leigh. From there it was an easy 25 km's to camp. After setting up and getting a bit of a fire going courtesy of some previous campers leaving some wood, it was some cheese and bikkies washed down with some scotches and bourbons. Aaaahh...what a life! :D

Saturday morning saw us up reasonably early to make bacon and eggs for breakfast with the obligatory teas and coffees. We set about tidying up the campsite and did a run into Paringa to get some more coke for the scotch that would be consumed later today. Leigh zipped into Renmark to top up his tank and we met him on the Old Mail Route Rd after dropping past camp to grab my phone as I had left it in my tent. We started by heading back towards Lindsay River and followed the river tracks as far down as Lake Walla Walla, where we decided to do a loop around the lake. There were signs of the rain that had fallen a few days earlier, and the lake was fairly full. We got aorund the back and started to come around the eastern side but the track was covered in water as far as the eye could see. That meant the clay underneath would be shite. I had already nearly been bogged a couple of times and gave my Barrett clutch a good work out. We ended up skirting around by a wide margin and made it back to the Old Mail Route. We decided to push eastwards to do some more river tracks, but it became wetter and soggier the further we went.

So soggy that I ended up fully bogged through a poor choice of line around a puddle and had to ask Bunnyslayer to winch me out. What a great bit of kit. Now I know why all those 4wd'ers have big winches! After I was sorted we looked round to see Leigh on his side on the road with his DR napping along side of him. What the?? Leigh said he got his boot caught on the foot peg when mounting up and down he went. Damn, no pics of that!! :muutt

We made an executive decision to head west and play a bit more in the park as it was a lot drier through there. We played in and around the park dodging kangas (we had some close calls) and chasing a few emus before heading back to camp. We collected some more wood on the way in and cooked up a BBQ over the fire which we washed down with copious amounts of scotch and bourbon. We were tucked in our fart sacks not long after the sun went down.

Sunday was an early riser with pancakes for brekky before packing up and heading back home. We went down Berribee Tank Track to the Sturt H/way then onto Taparoo Track through Murray Sunset. What a beautiful time to be out there, great views and great country side with some pretty easy riding. We followed Carwarp Track after turning off Taparoo Track and followed this down to the Border Track before heading off to Loxton for fuel and morning tea. We worked our way to Swan Reach via Old Loxton Rd then through Swan Reach Conservation Park before heading up Pine Hut Rd into Springton and then out to One Tree Hill Rd before splitting up and heading home.

Great riding, :ricky great food, great country side and good company made for a great weekend. :super

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Make ya sum brekfest, guvna?

[​IMG]
    Lake Walla Walla

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Ummm....nice scenery

[​IMG]
    Excuse me. I was wondering if I could borrow your winch please, mate?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    All better!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Firewood time

11. leighwgold

leighwgold Ph.D. of B.S. Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have done some research since the ride and aparently my DR is a result of cross breeding between a Suzuki and a fainting goat . Wish I'd known this before!
    B10Dave and TheDecepticon like this.
  12. TheDecepticon

TheDecepticon Wannabe

Oddometer:
    LOL!:rofl:rofl
  13. DR Ozzy

DR Ozzy Suzuki scum

Oddometer:
    Bloody bastards that get to go riding while I'm stuck at home ... hate em :dirtdog
    leighwgold and TheDecepticon like this.
  14. GelandeRoadie

GelandeRoadie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice, though I have to admit, I agree with Dr Oz!
  15. Recep Aliskan

Recep Aliskan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for sharing Nice road legend motorcycle
  16. TheDecepticon

TheDecepticon Wannabe

Oddometer:
    Ha ha! I did try to text you! :D
  17. TheDecepticon

TheDecepticon Wannabe

Oddometer:
    Yep me too! 5 bad minutes on a bike is worth an hour at work! :clap

Thanks for stopping by. Glad you enjoyed it. :D
    Recep Aliskan likes this.
  18. KIZ

KIZ Marty

Oddometer:
    Great country
  19. TheDecepticon

TheDecepticon Wannabe

Oddometer:
    Hey Marty, how are you? Long time no see! Thanks for dropping in, I hope you enjoyed the read. :clap
  20. TheDecepticon

TheDecepticon Wannabe

Oddometer:
    Well, after nearly 4 weeks off the big girl (still commuting with the postie bike) doing concreting and fencing stuff around home I couldn't help myself and had to get out for a ride, even if it was a short one. Ended up doing a 250km loop out through Gawler, Angaston, Kapunda and back in to Gawler. I left home at 9am-ish and back at 1pm. Great ride, great scenery, fantastic weather.

Parsons Lookout on Trial Hill Rd
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Made some more friends on the way!
    [​IMG]

Some nice black top
    [​IMG]

and some nice tracks
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Paid a visit to the graveyard