Thevisorshop.com

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by EKhatch, Dec 14, 2016.

1. EKhatch

EKhatch Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Before I purchased anything through them I looked for some reviews from people here in the US and couldn't find much so I thought I would post my experience as I know a lot of you have purchased stuff from outside the US from sites like Motostorm.it. Anyway I was in the market for some TCX-S-Speed boots and the average price in the US was ~$260 and most places offered free shipping. I ended up buying the boots from Thevisorshop.com for ~$190 shipped ($160 for the boots and $30 for shipping). The best part was they shipped DHL Express and I had them in 3 business days. I ordered on a Saturday and had them on Wednesday. That's pretty damn good in my book especially since I saved about 70 bucks ordering from them.

The only negative reviews I had found online where some complaints about the helmet visors they sell not being authentic but as far as I can tell the boots are real as can be. Anyway this was just my experience in case anyone was thinking of buying from them. Obviously anything can happen but my experience was a good one.
    Snake Oiler, Benduro and Splat! like this.
  2. IamAm0t0r

IamAm0t0r President of Golden Gate Ducati DOC

Oddometer:
    That's good to know as they are the only ones with good prices for winter gloves, Held and Revit.
  3. Splat!

Splat! Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just found they have Held Air n Dry in short fingered sizes so I came here to find reviews on Visor Shop. Methinks they'll be getting an order from me soon! Thanks for telling your experience with them. :thumbup
  4. Scubalong

Scubalong Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have the same experience with Visorshop. Searching all over for a replacement visor for a GS Enduro helmet but nowhere to be found in the USA. Called my local BMW to see if I can order from them but it was a no go since the GS Enduro helmet is not DOT certify and not for sale in the USA...Found the visorshop online and place the order. Estimate 1 to 2 weeks and I got my order in 5 days. I was shocked
    The visor came double pack and fit perfect. Very happy with the service.
  5. Benduro

Benduro Retox Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've made three orders through them in the last year.
    Gear comes fast, shipping is free or cheap, prices are great, and they have stuff we can't get here.
  6. menotknow

menotknow always n00b

Oddometer:
    I rarely feel compelled this much to leave a positive feedback to a store. I was looking for a replacement pinlock insert for Schuberth E1 XL. Found them through regular google search and after going back and forth with different options and despite roughly $16 fee for shipping they were still coming about $3 lower delivered to my door than any store in States. I placed the order on Tuesday night, today (Friday) afternoon it got delivered...
    :eek2

WOW!!!!

For comparison, stuff from ebay ordered last Friday in States (!) also arrived today, items purchased on ebay Tuesday morning I expect to see on Monday, even prime more and more often takes more to get delivered and it doesn't need to travel 4500 miles!

Awesome!!!
  7. Splat!

Splat! Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What about import charges? Never bought anything from across the pond. I'd hate to order something and then be zapped by hefty charges. Btw, I didn't order from Visor Shop since Revzilla finally got them in. Thanks.
  8. menotknow

menotknow always n00b

Oddometer:
    Never had any issues. With the pinlock I didn't even think about it. I got various things from abroad newer got to pay any import charges, even when I got a Nolan N-Com set from Germany.
    Splat! likes this.
  9. Rick G

Rick G Ranger Rick Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just bought a pair of TCX Hero Gore-Tex. It is a model that I could not find in the US. Had it within a week, and was exactly as advertised. So no issues and a happy camper.

Rick G
    Vrode likes this.
  10. Splat!

Splat! Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just texted with Anne from thevisorshop.com and she wrote "your country does have a threshold of £500 so you shouldn't incur duty on these." Sweet. Learn something new every day.
  11. Bounder

Bounder Typing...

Oddometer:
    Thevisorshop.com is the online arm of Crossan motorcycles in Northern Ireland, they sponsor a lot of road racers, Michael Dunlop etc.
    Well respected shop here in Ireland. North and South.
  12. Snake Oiler

Snake Oiler If the world didn't suck, we would all fall off

Oddometer:
    Pennsylvania, but living in a toy hauler full-time
    I've bought a few things from them. Have to say that I can't believe how fast I received the products. 3 days to my doorstep that's faster than most local shops can get them to me. I highly recommend the visor shop to any one. My only concern would be, if ordering make sure of the needed size or return shipping could hurt somewhat
  13. zamram

zamram Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My only concern would be, if ordering make sure of the needed size or return shipping could hurt somewhat

I heard somewhere if you pay with PayPal return shipping is free. I think that there are no exchange fees either. Don't know for sure maybe someone else knows.
    Snake Oiler likes this.
  14. Snake Oiler

Snake Oiler If the world didn't suck, we would all fall off

Oddometer:
    Pennsylvania, but living in a toy hauler full-time
    I never heard that. Maybe the next time I'll have to ask them, that would have to be their deal right?
  15. menotknow

menotknow always n00b

Oddometer:
    I made another purchase with them, got new visor for my Schubi E1. Once again best price online to be found, on pair with some "like new" ones. Made my order Monday evening, got the visor on my doorstep Thursday afternoon. Awesome!
    Snake Oiler and I82l8 like this.