Thinking about a new 1250?

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by shuswap1, Mar 25, 2020.

1. shuswap1

shuswap1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ryan at Fortnine reviews the new bike, best stuff is further along:
  2. Eurolanc

Eurolanc Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yeah the shift cam and the electronic compression releases aren't reassuring, considering the vast majority of plastic solenoids, valves and components are made in the same factory as the automotive stuff and that's far from comforting knowing that you can be in the middle of nowhere without a factory scan tool and a parts bin. Having worked on BMW and Porsche vehicles and seeing how many new parts come in either bad or get superseded immediately.
  3. FredRydr

FredRydr Danger: Keep Back 300 Ft.

Oddometer:
    What? And trade the F-bike that this sub-forum is dedicated to?
  4. shuswap1

shuswap1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just thought it might help some folks see what they would be getting themselves if they were contemplating moving from their parallel twin models to the 1250. I know this forum is dedicated to the twins, but many folks contemplate a shift to the larger bike and here is some food for thought.
  5. Tigershark48

Tigershark48 My other BMW is a Roadster.

Oddometer:
    A riding buddy just picked up the new 1250GS last fall. He also rides an S1000XR for a little more excitement. He’s had a lot of outstanding bikes and swears the 1250 is top of the line. He was convinced the Super Tenere was his choice for daily rider until he rode the 1250. He said it’s miles beyond the 1200GS. Too big for me. I’ll be checking out the F900XR when one becomes available for a test ride. Until then, I’m happy with my F700. But the 1250 is apparently a lot of motorcycle and priced accordingly.
    JimsBeemer likes this.