Third Annual Latin American Riders' Rallye - ALARR III

Discussion in 'Latin America' started by Nata Harli, Feb 23, 2010.

1. nightflyer

nightflyer Hors contrĂ´le

Oddometer:
    It was a pleasure Doug. I think that is what the spirit of the rally (any rally really!) should be.
    Having fun on the bikes and off the bikes, share whatever we have to share (and we all have something interesting to share),
    and that is all I have to say about that...
  2. bananaman

bananaman transcontimental

Oddometer:
    Yanick- it was a pleasure meeting you and Dr. Benny.

As for Doogle- man, I'm jealous!!! You're going to have such a blast. And you have the best attitude of anyone I've so far talked to about riding South America. The only thing I'll repeat is that I think you should take the big blue whale and a huge nikon. Once you get to a little town you can always rent a dirt bike! Imagine the stories you'll be able to tell at the local watering hole. All those harley dudes will be polishing their bikes. You'll roll up on your blue dresser with a few scratches and dings. They'll be all, like, polish much? And you'll say, Naw, not since I rode this thing to Ushuaia.

The highlights, in rough order, were:

1) Chandra learning how to ride a motor cycle. Thanks Elizabeth, Greg, Celtazon, and everyone else who gave her tips. There's no better place or way to learn than from real experts! (The look on Greg's face was priceless when I told him we were going to catch up to the group headed to the Gandy Dancer. He was all worried, and trying to tell me that the bike wasn't licensed for road use, and that Chandra wasn't ready, and he didn't have insurance- until I stopped him and told him that No Fucking Way was I going to let Chandra ride on the road! That was really funny! Sorry, Greg, but your mother-hen style is really funny!

2) Hearing Throttlemeister's tale of snow and cold. It was even better this time, cuz I learned Oklahomish. He sure is one crazy motherfucker!

3) Meeting all my old friends. Ken, Greg, Elizabeth, Jon- you guys are starting to feel like family. I like it.

4) Meeting all my new friends. The general attitude is so damn positive that if I wasn't part of it and if we weren't all like tough motorcycle riders and shit, I'd either cry or puke.

5) Once again, it sure was weird sitting down with two other Ushuaia riders. Dr. Benny and Yannick are super cool. I used to think that if I rode to South America, I'd be cool, too, but I guess you have to be cool when you start out. I probably have a swagger, but not the cool kind that Yannick and Dr. Benny have. Gato Gato and Dave G should have been there, too. I remember last year, sitting around the fire, and Dave goes, "This is so weird. I'm usually the only person I know who's ridden to Ushuaia. Now here I am with two other guys, and they seem pretty normal. Oh well. I guess it wasn't as special as I thought. Not if Max can do it." Or something like that.

I think we need a Brazillian to help with the cooking. Greg did a great job, but he didn't have the benefit of cold, snow, or a hanging pig. Maybe if Lucio can't come next year, he can at least send Paula?

Barb wanted to come, but she's gonna have a baby in a couple of months. Next year she'll bring the kid in a side car.

The coffee was perfect.

The dog whacking his nose into Ken's butt was hilarious.
  3. JJMSP

JJMSP Cervicalgia

Oddometer:

Wow, I was not even going to comment on this, but this has gotten out of hand.

Heres the story. I know Aaron (candohome) from a while back, he lived here in the area, he recently married and moved to Ecuador with his wife. We keep in touch on Facebook and ADV from time to time. I posted on FB that I as going to the ALARR and sometime prior to the rally he sent me a message "punch bananaman in the face for me". I had no idea what this was about, I made the assumption it was some sort of argument on ADV. I mentioned it to my husband (dfc) and he thought we should ask bananaman what its all about at the rally.

So, friday around the campfire, I ask Max (bananaman) if he knows Aaron? he replies no, so I ask if he knows candohome? He replies yes, so I say (IIRC) he asked me to punch you in the nose, why does he want that?, what's going on with you two?

Max immediately goes into a long story about Aaron either posting flea market ads in ride reports, or ride reports in flea market, I forget which, and how Aaron had a online blog and the domain name that was unrenewed and went to spam, and Aaron wouldn't admit it and so on and so on......I got the feeling they had been feuding for some time on ADV, Greg mentioned since he knew both of them well he could understand how this could happen.
    We all seemed to be having fun and laughing about this at the time, I never felt Max's discomfort at all.

There was ample opportunity from friday evening to sunday afternoon for Max to come and talk to me privately about this if he had an issue with what I had said or done.There has been ample time since the rally to PM me about this and express himself but he didn't do that either.

Let's be clear about this, I never threatened anyone with anything, I asked a simple question about two apparently impetuous and hot headed individuals having a spat on an internet forum. If Max was offended or felt threatened by that, so be it, and I am sorry he felt that way. But I am offended he would portray this as an attack, on this forum, especially without talking to me first.

By the way I had a great time at the rally, met a bunch of great people, thanks Max for bringing us gas when Marty ran out, Greg and Elizabeth are wonderful hosts.
  4. Throttlemeister

Throttlemeister Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Leaving the rally site Monday morning the 07/26. Everyone else left earlier in the morning and Greg, Elizabeth, AnnaLee, Ben, and myself where the last to take off. My poor broken mule was getting the trailer life and I would ride Greg's 1100 GS down South to the Twin Cities along with the other three on bikes and Greg bringing up the rear on trailer duty. We finally got a long weekends worth of gear and other stuff sorted for the short trip South.
    Breaking camp little before Yannick left:
    [​IMG]

We got going well enough before the afternoon. Dr Benny getting used to a BMW once again:
    [​IMG]

We all headed out to Hinckley for fuel and then jumped on the main road. It was sad not being on my old mule and missing out on the radio BSing with AnnaL:cry

Our little southbound convoy:
    [​IMG]

My bike taking the easy way, thanks again Greg:
    [​IMG]

GSDiablo and sidekick Carhartt chilling in the back:
    [​IMG]

AnnaLee and her copper bike DL1000:
    [​IMG]

Then we have Doc Benny on GS Dakar:
    [​IMG]

And Greg's other half Elizabeth on the little yellow six-fidy leading us in:
    [​IMG]

We made it back to the Little Canada area and were all hungry, AnnaLee really was, so we went for a little foreign food to satisfy our palates. Anna was going to have a big ride ahead of her down to KC to crash at Ken's place so she took off shortly after we got back from lunch. Just prior to stopping in for our lunch her bike suffered a few little hicups but afterwards never showing up again, good deal.

She took off and soon enough Elizabeth had a shift to work that afternoon and also took off leaving Greg, Ben, and myself unloading stuff and parking the bikes. Greg made a trip to the office while Ben and I got cleaned up and organized and then popped the broken rear shock out of the GS before it was time to run Ben off to the airport for his flight back to NH.

It is in bad shape, hard to image much worse but it did hold together and let me get back to camp:deal
    [​IMG]

Having dropped Ben off at the airport Greg and I started doing some work on one of his sixfidys that needed some attention. He had the forks pulled from the yokes and was installing new fork seals but was interupted by life and it'd been sitting waiting for him. I was around with not much to do so we started working with the forks and then deciding to go ahead and do a valve adjustment while it was already apart most of the way. We needed a beer run and stopped by NAPA for some nice new feeler guages. We got the seals out and new ones back in with the help of a homemade seal driver and tore into the bike to do the valve adjustment before we called it a night.

The next morning Tuesday, I got up early enough to go into work with Greg at his office to upload some photos while he did some work. I've been around some pretty fast networks in my time but never in my life have I had access to such a highspeed wireless internet connection:deal My computer was the limiting factor in how fast I could upload photos to my smugmug account, it literally took less than a second, spent more time verifying the picture than uploaded it. Amazing speed!

I spent a few hours messing around up at the office and then before lunch we went out hunting for the shims we calculated we needed for the BMW. First we went South to Leo's and had no luck and a really not so friendly counter staff expereince and then went to a nearby multibrand Honda something shop and had nicer service but no luck with the 29mm shim size, plenty of 29.5mm thou. Then after driving just a little ways, thinking about the next move we pulled a Chinese fire drill and I took over driving the civic while Greg worked the phone lines for office work and shim finding. We had luck but had to drive NW of the cities out to Moon's place where they happened to have the correct shims after calling twice. Seems best to talk with people in service rather than parts when dealing with shims:deal

We made it out and they had everything we thought we needed and it was good, took a little different ride back into the cities and took a late lunch before coming back to the offfice where I was greeted by my old stock shock waiting in a box for me at the front desk:clap

After a little more net and work for Greg we went back to his place to fiddle with the shims and drink some beer while our bear for the night thawed out. Yep, I said bear, I didn't even know people ate it. Someone gave Greg a carcass of a juvenile black bear that he butchered up and froze. I was interested in the meat and looked forward to dinner as we worked on the valves and installing the forks on the white bike and then changing them over to the blue bike and so fourth. Needless to say we got good at messing with F650 forks before it was all over:wink: The project white bike:
    [​IMG]

And my mule waiting patiently for me to give it some more attention:
    [​IMG]

And soon enough after some more beers and Elizabeth helped out with the bear meat while we where busy in the shop we came in at a good stopping point and got the bearkabobs made up. It really was a tasty meal and I highly recommend it, perfect with beer, corn on the cob, and some potatoes:thumb
    [​IMG]

The kabobbing process:
    Fresh veggies, we almost forgot the schrooms:
    [​IMG]

+ Nice cuts of bear:
    [​IMG]

Then schew them all up in perfect combinational order and presto:
    [​IMG]

Then out to the grill to finish the masterpiece:
    [​IMG]
    For sake of the late hour, the corned was boiled
    I feasted like a:queenie and it was good.
    [​IMG]

While we where cooking the cute neighbor girl and some of her close friends where having an interesting party out under the gazebo, I'm thinking I wished I had an invite:wink:

After the fine meal we turned in for bed after one of the hottest days of the year for the twin cities, started to feel a little like home.

After dinner we visited and ended up making up Carhartt a towel poncho of his own, he made it look good. Just a little modifying and he was all good to go:
    [​IMG]

Good Boy Carhartt, he had a big weekend:
    [​IMG]
    My good hosts, I :raabia ADVrider.com for the good people I've had the opprotunity to meet. Your guys are awesome folks, Thankyou so much!:clap :clap :clap
    [​IMG]

The next morning we both wanted to see the white bike come back alive and got to work fixing on it putting the plastic bits and sump guard back on for a little test riding around the block. We compared it to the blue one and found it was a tooth off on the throttle assembly and popped it loose for a quick fix and then it was perfect. Greg headed into work while I changed the rear tire on my bike and cleaned up the shop and put away some tools and organized my gear. Got my tire to take hold of the bead with a strap and a little bigger air compressor and then it was time for lunch. Greg, a co-worker, and I went out for a burger and visit before I took of for the North once again.

Back in action once more just prior to leaving after my first test ride:
    [​IMG]

Always nice to get back on the road but I had such a nice time I was in no real big hurry to leave. Other than having to be back in Tulsa on Friday and my brother having set me up on a blind double date on Saturday evening I was good to go. Orginally when I thought about the Latin Rally location and going I also wanted to see the source of the mighty Mississippi River up in northern Minnesota so that is where I headed. A quick check of the map looked like hw 169 would be a fast way to the North and away from the early afternoon traffic in the cities so off I went. Itasca State Park was where Itasca Lake the headwater of the big river is so I hurried as quick as I could making the most of the nice weather and time that I had. Stopping only for fuel and making it to ISP before the day was out. Only shot I got on the way up is a big bobber of a watertower in some unknown to me town:
    [​IMG]

And then I made it, much more built up than I could have imagined:
    [​IMG]

I went inside to pay my 5 buck admission to the park and the lady figures I was riding a motorcycle and I buy a little ISP sticker for the mule and then the lady goes into this 10 min speil about how some Harleys or something was invovled in a horrendous accident because the windshield sticker for park admitance had caused a lack of vision problem for the rider and led to a serious accident and that I should not attempt to display the vehicle pass on my motorcycle's windshield. I told her it would not be a problem but she insisted and even applied tape to the sticky side of the park pass:huh Just to spite her I pulled it loose and pasted it on the mule's shield like a badge of honor:lol3 , felt like I was in Mexico again. Geesh some people wig out at stupid stuff. I had some daylight left so I rode around the park checking out the lake and getting some pics in the early evening.
    The lake where it all starts:
    [​IMG]

I was there enjoying it too:
    [​IMG]

Went down by the boat ramp for a looksee:
    [​IMG]

And decided I should go for a swim and refresh:
    [​IMG]

It was wonderful swim
    [​IMG]

and pretty too:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I got dressed back up and sans helmet had a nice and slow ride around the rest of the park and came up to the headwater proper area.

Here's the first bridge you can drive your bike across legally, I was trying to find a creek crossing for the bike but would have been highly frowned upon had I attempted and been witnessed so I declined:cry
    [​IMG]

Went to another visitor center area and walked back to the creek and got some pics there too
    Where it all starts for the river:
    [​IMG]

It will take sometime for these water that kissed my boots to get down to Gulf of Mexico, be neat to track the time somehow:deal :
    [​IMG]

The water at the very first part of its long river journey:
    [​IMG]

With the sun fast setting behine the trees I rode around the rest of the part trying to find a back way out by looking at all the little roads on the garmin only to find they are all closed until you have a snowmachine to ride with.
    [​IMG]

There is a nice one way loop around the lake with some nice tall tree groves that makes for a nice little sunset ride:
    [​IMG]

A really nice state park, I think it's worth the 5 bucks to see it and the swimming is great too:
    [​IMG]

The evening came on and I was looking for a place to camp but decided to end my day with a cold beer and ended up in Bagley, MN just North of the state park where I found a local tavern filled with some nice ladies. After questioning the barkeep I found that Wednesdays are ladies days at the local golf course and they all come to the bar afterwards, needless to say I decided to have a pizza too. After my late dinner and at the late hour near midnight I looked around town and decided to bed down at a town RV park under the Lions Club shelter which worked nicely, got in late and up early the next morning having slept like a baby in the corner on my little handy cot:
    [​IMG]

My morning pano view:
    [​IMG]

Nice little town lake, little early and cool for a swim but a nice place to take cover for a night:
    [​IMG]

I headed on up towards the Red Lakes deciding to go into Canada and let the mule see Manitoba and Saskatchewan to complete its Canadian odyssey or traveling through every province that has roads leading to it.

The sun coming up over the Lower Red Lake:
    [​IMG]

An older watch tower near the Lower Red:
    [​IMG]
    with a bad stich job on the big vertical object setting

From high up:
    [​IMG]

I ran quick on smaller roads up and around the bottom West half of the Lower Red lake and continued on up to Fourtown where I headed Norh on very fast gravel roads rolling through some interesting swamp-like country.

Made for a fun morning ride coming North up from Fourtown:
    [​IMG]

It wasn't all swampy, there where some trees too:
    [​IMG]

Then I crossed into the lands to the North just West of Lake of the Woods and got nearly stip searched. They went through both boxes and even took my computer inside looking for something bad:huh The two guys started off as real pricks but turned out to just be interested in the bike and what I was up to. I just sat down and quitely had my morning breakfast of leftover pizza while I waited for them to do all there searching.

I waited here with covered parking and had my breakfast:
    [​IMG]

Then I took almost all backroads avoiding the mounties and headed to Winipeg on these high speed roads:
    [​IMG]

Got into town about lunch time and aimlessly wondered around, saw the big new construction project for some new museum they are working on and settled in at a nice park along the river across from an old cemetery for my left over bear meat lunch.
    My picnic area on the lush green grass:
    [​IMG]

Near older historic part of town called:
    [​IMG]
    I had a nice visit with a guy doing some bicycling along the river and shared some of my bear meat kabobs with him, his first time too and he agreed with the fine taste. He told me of another nice park called the Kildonan and after lunch I went for a ride through and then stopped at a 7/11 for one of my beloved Slurpees, they even had Banana flavor but it tasted of some other flavor and I nearly couldn't finish it off.
    I was kinda shocked to see it, should have went with Pepsi for safety:
    [​IMG]

Visited with another nice female biker out front of 7/11 who's headed to Sturgis coming up and talked about gear, riding, and such before I headed out of town and West towards Saskatchewan. I took the TransCan trying to make time to Brandon and then headed South debating going to the International Peace Gardens and then to Saskatchewan but time dictated I continue on West using smaller gravel roads to make my way West and into the last province just cutting into the southwest corner.
    The previous:
    [​IMG]

And the last:
    [​IMG]

Big elevators all over this massive plains farmground area of central Canada that extends all the way to Texas. This small example just North of my border crossing:
    [​IMG]

I crossed a little more easily back into my homeland just North of Sherwood, ND. Did a little running of the county roads trying to straighten out my route and ended up doing some county road two tracking through beside fields of unknown crops that butted right up next to seldom used or maintained roads that showed up fine on the Garmin, it was great fun:
    [​IMG]

But the day was winding down of light so off I go looking for a quick meal and check to see what was happening with the deteriorating weather I was coming up on. I rode quickly down to Minot, ND to a McDonalds with no power outlets for my week computer battery and slow internet that showed I was in a big storm system with a dismal nightime riding outlook. While I was eating and checking the rain started up. Being Thursday I still had in my mind that I could make it back to Tulsa in time Friday afternoon and pick up my sister who's flying in from Texas but after a quick call to the homefront I arranged for her pickup by another so I had some slack to work with, now just the previously mentioned double date schedule to hold Saturday eveing:deal I geared up for a little nightime rain riding and was quickly discouraged after riding almost upon one state lawman and seeing another's lightshow within just the first few miles of starting back up post dinner. I made my way slowly a little ways southeast of Minot down to the town of Harvey, ND where I decided to call it due to self preservation instincts that took over, it wasn't a bad day of riding and I was glad to get off the bike and out of the weather. Took just a little figuring to find a covered spot and not mess with the tent but I ended up finding what I needed at a town picnic shelter across the street from another RV parking area that seem common in most of these towns in the North. I moved some tables just a bit to wedge my cot down on the slab next to my bike and fell fast asleep in the light rain and occasional thunder here the following morning:
    [​IMG]

Got up and out early that Friday morning and wanting to make a big day of moving South and trying to stay off the interstates as much as possible. I stayed on 52/281 the rest of the way through North Dakota and most of South Dakota and then East to Yankton to cross the Missouri River into Nebraska stopping for lunch near Wagner, SD at a little funky Dairy Queen.

Some gas stop along the way:
    [​IMG]

Had been running through heavy cloud cover in ND and less cloudy in SD and when I hit the Missouri River bottom it turned HOT, I stopped right after I crossed and shucked everything underneath cept my light underarmour and my jacket's rain liner which proved too much a short bit later in Nebraska. Took some pictures at a little rest area on the South bank:
    Interesting tidbit that I don't remember hearing much about before:
    [​IMG]

A panoramic of the river valley area:
    [​IMG]

One of my favorite things, I left a notice to the driver telling him of the change of delivery notice so he would know where to leave it for me:evil
    [​IMG]
    Green is one of my favorite colors.

More miles to go and more states to cover. Somewhere along the way I decided I need to take the bike back to Bentonville and get my car so I would have it over the weekend so my new goal was AR and I still had Nebraska and Kansas left to cross so I stayed working on the task and stayed on hw81 South to Columbus, NB and then jumped I80 East to Lincoln and then South on hw77 crossing into Kanasas in the late afternoon catching up to the rain once again. I found my way through Westmoreland, KS and saw a sign that made me laugh, having just come for the Latin America Rally and all, I had to go find it. This town, like Greenburg, KS out West, has a Large Hand-Dug Well (Whale-if you like) that I just had to get a picture of for you guys.
    [​IMG]

Little bit of neat history about this one:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Even signed up:
    [​IMG]

You can thank me later for finding the two largest hand-dug 'whales' in all of Kansas.

I headed down into Topeka looking for a snack before I push on through the crappy weather, I decide to hit a McDonalds again because of the known wifi location but was surprised to find out that the location had yet to be pleased with such a handy service so I ate quickly and as I tried to leave got drawn into a conversation with a local in the light rain. Got geared up and ready for the push South and was pleasantly surprised when the rain let up not 20 miles to the South, I tore loose the heavy rain gear and got cranked up in good riding temperatures that induced me to ride when its cool and head on through the cooler nightime temperature to my goal in Bentonville. I caught up with the crazy Friday night Joplin area local dragstrip traffic as they where leaving and nearly got pulled out in front of as they where in a big hurry to leave the place and ran near 90mph back to town. I passed uneventfully back into Joplin where I completed the loop that started the trip and through the deer infested hills back into AR and ending up in Bentonville with little over 1075 miles on the day from about 7am to 2:45am the next day. The temperatures made it all the worth while continuing on the last stretch. I rode on into town looking for internet at IHOP, Denny's, and WaffleHouse with no luck so I went back to the dealership to load up my car but decided to take a nice picture first in the early morning hours.

I took this one as I had already set of the motion activated security light out front:
    [​IMG]

I wanted another without the extra light and just with my camera's flash so I waited for the light to reset and then took these one sans extra lighting:
    [​IMG]
    Damn I love this bike:raabia

then promptly passed out in the front yard for ~2hours awaking in the early morning due feeling rested up and riding to unload stuff to the car and head back to Oklahoma and finish up the trip arriving home little before 7am.

What a great time, glad I was still around for this one and hope to be back for next year possibly...

Lots of good people and good times:freaky

Hell of a long post thou:deal
  5. bananaman

Oddometer:
    PM sent, with my consent to have the entire PM posted here or anywhere else.

PM Summary, just so nobody thinks I think this is a huge deal: it's not that big of a deal. I'm not thinking much about my fragile feelings. I'm thinking more about how our little get-together is evolving.
  6. GSdiablo

GSdiablo cubical farmer

Oddometer:
    I have none. All is well.
  7. Ride_There

Ride_There Will ride for bacon.

Oddometer:
    Greg, I had a wonderful time. I wish I could have been around for the whole weekend. You and Elizabeth put on another great event.:nod

Here to hoping this thread can get back on the right track...:ricky :kumbaya :kbasa
  8. bananaman

Oddometer:
    Stop taking me the wrong way! Gosh darn it! I don't even know Candohome! And I'm not complaining about his little threat! I'm just saying, no more of that!

I'm not even a mod- I'm just a guy trying to meet up with a few like-minded lunatics, and I try to maintain a little bit of order in two threads: the Ride Report Link Thread, and the Latin America Flea Market. If anybody else wants to help police the Latin America Flea Market, step right up! (Im not giving up on the RRLT.) Right now I've got nothing but sympathy and admiration for the mods. Even Misery Goat.
  9. Nata Harli

Nata Harli Accidental Tourista

Oddometer:
    I guess it's time for me to step up and try and defuse this situation between a couple of our ADVers.

I am helping Max with the Latin American link thread and I'm the one who originally started this whole hullabaloo.

I'm trying to keep a running summary of all the links in this thread to make it easy for someone to click on a ride report and be directed right to that report. To do this, I have to check each and every link before I put it in the summary.

I ran across several non-ADV links that were no longer active for one reason or another. This only happened to links outside advrider.com. I found no bad links on ADV. I can think of various reasons for this happening but that is not the point. I really don't want to check each and every non-ADV link every time I update this thread so Max and I made a decision to only include ADV ride report links in MY summary.

Remember, both of us are doing this voluntarily and it takes time and effort. I'm not a programming expert and every time I update the summary it takes a couple of hours, not counting the time it would take to check non-ADV links.

I was not privy to the conversation that took place at the rally but only want to let everyone know what my part in this was. I'm basically the one who made the decision to not include outside links, I contacted Max, and he agreed with me. Max really has nothing to do with the summary, that is my job that I volunteered to do.

So, if someone has a beef with how the summary is being handled, you can let me know. I imagine (and hope) what was said was said in jest but it seems to be taking on a life of its own right now. I think any further discussion of this matter should be taken over to JM and our rally thread should be about our rally.

So, if you have a beef about the way the summary is being handled, PM me. If you want to volunteer to step up and take over the summary and include outside links, just step right up and do it. You don't need any special permission to get in and add a summary once in a while.

In the meantime, if I'm the one doing the summary, it will include only ADV ride reports.

I really liked this year's rally and like the way attendees are adding to the ride report much more so than in the previous years. Please let's keep this thread for adding rally reports and move the arguments to JM or PM me. Max really has nothing to do with what happened other than agreeing with me to handle it this way.

Thanks!!!!
  10. GSdiablo

GSdiablo cubical farmer

Oddometer:
    Max and I discussed (arguing with him is like trying to take a sip off a fire hydrant:evil) Everything's fine, he wants more rulz for next year and I don't care. Here's the funny part - I'm in a meeting and he keeps calling me and I can't pickup, so I text him. He texts back that he's on his way to the emergency room for stitches in his head. I think hmm... Karma?, Chandra?, ADVer with a vendetta?.:lol3. So he calls from the emergency room, I can only imagine the poor people who had to listen in:roflHe's fine, I'll let him tell the story.

(I of course will require pics of said injury)

Thats it, I will comment no more on anything except positive rally/ride issues. Greg
    PS, I never found my fricken summer riding pants? Anybody end up with Greg's black mesh pants? Its hot and I'm going to have to buy another pair:cry
  11. bananaman

Oddometer:
    Exactly!

I'm not starting any more JM threads.
  12. colomtnbiker

colomtnbiker wimpy old guy

Oddometer:
    Ok Nata Harli, if Bman takes my beer next year, I'm may knock you in the nose.
  13. bananaman

Oddometer:
    Non-motorcycle, non-horse, non-violent result of body meeting pavement.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bruised knee, bruised and road-rashed hip, bruised ribs, road-rashed elbow, five stiches. This happened at about 12:30ish today. Story later...
  14. Celtazon

Celtazon Valkyrie

Oddometer:
    Man...sorry about that....:eek1

15. bananaman

Oddometer:
    It's not that bad.
  16. Nata Harli

Nata Harli Accidental Tourista

Oddometer:
    :lurk

17. Throttlemeister

Throttlemeister Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Tell me it wasn't a hookers and blow thing:lol3

I guess it could have been worse, they do at head CT to check your brain. Here's to quick recoveries:1drink
  18. BobLoblaw

BobLoblaw Comfortably Numb

Oddometer:

You tripped going into "Camps" .... didn't you:evil
  19. bananaman

Oddometer:
    It was 12:30 PM. Middle of the day.

Afterwards, I asked my ex, a dermatologist, what she thought of the sutures. With a surprised look on her face, she said, "good. It'll only improve you."

An old girlfriend- wait a second. The guy who rents the space next to the bakery has a daughter with whom I was once involved. She heard about it and asked me for details. I sent her a photo. Her response: "When did you get so gray? Having a 20 something girlfriend must be aging you!" Do you think she could give me some sympathy? Maybe even an, "ouch!" Nope. Just, "wow you look old." My response: "It's called Distinguished."
  20. sasper

sasper Just call me Sper

Oddometer:
    It's been a crazy few days since getting back from the incredible time I had at the ALARR III. Thank you all for such a great time. It was my first rallye, and it was inspiring to learn so much from everyone in such a short time. I haven't had a chance to upload photos and video yet, but will soon. I finally hit the road this afternoon and am headed to the Twin Cities tomorrow.

Anyone have a suggestion of camping or a good place to pitch a tent near the Twin Cities? I know some of you lived there, but don't recall who.