Third wheel now required

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Spanky McKanky, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Spanky McKanky

Spanky McKanky Spanky

Oddometer:
    Hi Phil, yes I reckon it would take a slab and some ice in the frunk no problem at all.
    Pob61 likes this.
  2. Paul124ac

Paul124ac Long timer

Oddometer:
    If it’s the same bloke near the airport in Hobart I can recommend him, we’ve bothered him a couple of times with Spyder questions. He’s got a bloody nice Aprilia Mille as well. You heading down the east coast? Be interested to see what you reckon after that, it is a bloody goat track and getting worse, mind you I went thru to Bairnsdale recently and that bit between Ensay and Bruthen after the fires is pretty choppy in places. We’ll be down in Tas from early Dec and heading back 4th Jan, not taking a bike but I have mates with toys who are happy to share, one with a Rotax Buell, same motor as early Spyders.

Keep posting your feedback mate, it’s not often you hear from a bloke doing the extra wheel transition with modern bike knowledge, most Spyder owners I’ve talked to are blokes who haven’t ridden for forty years getting back on a bike and don’t realise their CB750K is not cutting edge anymore.
  3. a2zworks

a2zworks Trust me, I'm Pablo

Oddometer:
    I buy my
    I purchase my fuel filters from them, really nice friendly people.
    Lady at the counter, his wife I assume likes a good chat.
    If you are here at the same time as @Spanky McKanky and can organise a bike and want to go for a ride I'm up for it.
    Paul124ac likes this.
  4. Spanky McKanky

Spanky McKanky Spanky

Oddometer:
    Cheers Paul, I'll provide honest feedback and not sugar coat things if it helps others make a decision about getting into three wheelers.
    I'll lucky enough to own a few bikes, talk about going one extreme to another.
    I've got "Lana" the 1100 Katana, the BMW 1100 GS that was built around the time King Tut's grandfather was still pulling weeds around the pyramids.
    Plus old "Rhonda" the XLV Honda.
    Hence after riding those bikes and them coming to grips with a modern three wheeler is an education.
    Thanks for the heads up about the Can Am dealer in Hobart, I'll get in touch tomorrow and see whether I can book her in for a quick once over and oil / filter change.
    Paul124ac likes this.