This is why you ought to visit East Coast sometimes

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by cyclopathic, Oct 9, 2021.

1. cyclopathic

cyclopathic Long timer

Oddometer:
    As usual for any advrider thread we got off on not entirely relevant tangent: law enforcement LoL

The roads in OP are very tight with absolutely no place to place speed trap and unless you are having death wish exceeding posted 45/55mph posted speed limit will require taking massive amounts of risks. We're talking dragging pegs at 15mph curves, tighter than tail of dragon with very low traffic volume it would take leo whole day wait to issue one ticket
  2. foxtrapper

foxtrapper Long timer

Oddometer:
  3. RedDogAlberta

RedDogAlberta High Plains Drifter

Oddometer:
    That was my take years ago of rural Oregon. When they say 35 for a curve in the road they mean 35. Gliding through at 50, common anywhere else, is an invitation to trouble in Oregon.
  4. cyclopathic

cyclopathic Long timer

Oddometer:
    From what I have been through oregon a few times most recently riding TAT there are some really nice roads but the area in posts above takes it a notch or two up. Imagine how oregon would have been if those graded goat path FS roads were actually paved; if not all at least 80% of them.
    AwDang likes this.
  5. steingar

steingar higher life form

Oddometer:
    I rode better roads in West Virginia than California. Good roads are where you find them.
    markk53, cyclopathic and AwDang like this.
  6. malcom

malcom Adventurer

Oddometer:
    YES over 80 MPH is a felony Va. has been that way since the 50s according to my dad.
  7. AwDang

AwDang Enabler

Oddometer:
    That changed in 2020
    +20 or over 85 is automatically considered reckless without any other qualifiers.
    Reckless is an automatic misdemeanor, not a felony.
  8. anotherguy

anotherguy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Screw Virginia I avoid that place whenever possible.