This Place Is Boring

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by KHud, Dec 13, 2010.

1. SRA

SRA Why is the rum gone?

Oddometer:
    I never said Palin was smart. I was thinking more like

[​IMG]

I didn't quite get why she abandoned the governorship. Her reasoning sounded somewhat superficial, but not living there and knowing the specifics, I gave her the benefit of the doubt, in part because I don't have a dog in the fight.

I think she rocks because of what she did here in the lower 49. She kicked the sleeping dragon of conservatives. Something that needed to be done long ago and still needs to be done, day after day. Our government is ruining our country. I know most of the people do not support that. Those people should be enraged and act. Palin kicked many into action.

And I think she is hot.

[​IMG]
  2. A_Vasiliev

A_Vasiliev Red, white and blue.

Oddometer:
    So let me get this straight...

You admit that she isn't smart.

Having admitted that, you feel she is still qualified to hold a government position.

You feel that way not because you have seen her credentials, or because you agree with her legislation or her political agenda (aside from the fact that you are both obviously conservatives), but because you "gave her the benefit of the doubt" without wanting to find out more about it yourself.

Good show. And then you claim it's the government that's ruining the country?
  3. SRA

SRA Why is the rum gone?

Oddometer:
    I'd be glad to offer any assistance. I know the motorized areas fairly well. I know where the non-motorized people go to do non-motorized things. They say it is fun, but a lot of work. Most wish they had done motorized things?

PM me. We have an active group here on the front range as well. So post up and I am sure the riders will fall out for you.

I still hike 14teeners, but I prefer to ride. [​IMG]
  4. SRA

SRA Why is the rum gone?

Oddometer:
    No, I did not "admit she isn't smart". What I said was "I never said she was smart", and in the post you are referring to I said "I never said Palin was smart" and posted a funny picture of a moose. Through that picture I may have implied she wasn't smart for comedic effect. I never said she wasn't smart.

No, I never said she was or wasn't "qualified to hold a government position." Please reread my post. It should be clear to you I did not say that. :huh

No, I haven't really seen her credentials, never claimed to.

No, I clearly stated I don't know the specifics. Did you read my post or are you just a leftist Palin hater that is lashing out?

I gave her the benefit of the doubt over her reasoning for quitting the governorship because I did not know the specifics. BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT. It is only fair.

You got a bug up yer ass, I tell you what...

Read my post. I am happy Palin and her conservative values have invigorated the lower 49. I hope the same is true for the upper one.
  5. A_Vasiliev

Oddometer:
    My apologies. I've a bit of a hot temper. Sorry I blew up.
  6. SRA

SRA Why is the rum gone?

Oddometer:
    Thanks man. No worries. It's all good.

Apologies for calling you a leftist Palin hater. My bad...

:freaky
  7. A_Vasiliev

Oddometer:
    No no, you've got that right. At least the Palin hater part. Leftist describes some of my political viewpoints, and yet I like a lot of things that conservatives seem to have taken for their own.
  8. SRA

SRA Why is the rum gone?

Oddometer:
    Sounds like we may have some things in common. I am a social liberal? More of a little "l" Libertarian. Individual freedom, personal choice. I don't know much about Palin other than she struck a cord with a vast number of Americans and that she is for limited government as the Constitution of the United States of America warrants it.

and she really is hot.

[​IMG]
  9. Tom S

Tom S Can I ride it? Supporter

Oddometer:
    You do know that's a photoshop, right? And Ms Quitty doesn't know diddly.
  10. A_Vasiliev

Oddometer:
    Much as I like the idea of minarchism, I tend to be skeptical of it's ability to govern a large country with such a large infrastructure. I'm all for streamlining bureaucracy, but at the same time... *shrug*

I don't know enough about these sorts of things to have an opinion on them. I feel it's not very good practice to go around, proclaiming your ignorance loudly.
  11. SRA

SRA Why is the rum gone?

Oddometer:
    Do know about that bein a photoshop and don't know about what you call miss quitty. Care to elaborate? I think she is married?
  12. SRA

SRA Why is the rum gone?

Oddometer:
    Please! Ignorance is not something to be ashamed of.

Right?
  13. Tom S

Oddometer:
  14. Tom S

Oddometer:
    SRA...
    Just a couple of the many fake Palin pix. I posted that miniskirt pic a long time ago myself. But I had checked it out & said it was a fake when I posted it. I was suspicious because I never thought her bod looked that good even when she was much younger.
    http://www.snopes.com/photos/politics/palin.asp
    Scroll down.
    http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/photo_database/image/palin_in_bikini/
    And, yes, she is Ms., not Miss, Quitty. I’m not alone in calling her that. She was hired to be the Gov of Alaska & quit about 1/2 way thru. I never voted for her, I voted for the smart guy that knew his stuff. She sure didn’t. Still don’t.
    She also quit her job on the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission. The word, in person, from someone that was there with her on that job was that she didn’t have a clue about what she was supposed to be doing & spent a lot of time going to lunch with her friends & shopping at Nordstrom’s. Sounds about right for her.
    I thought she was just OK as Gov for a while, but after she was picked for a VP slot we learned a lot more about her. It wasn’t good. Maybe if you lived here & followed this all along you’d already know a lot of this. She has no business in national politics, maybe not even local politics. The ability to draw a crowd & spew a lot of buzzwords that people like to hear is not a qualification for public office. Unfortunately, sometimes that’s all it seems to take.

I don’t want to waste any more time on this subject. You have a computer, do your homework.
  15. A_Vasiliev

Oddometer:
    It was important research! She was testing the levels of energy usage at the different stores and restaurants in town! She was trying to plot the fuel usage of her own car (I'm guessing it was a large SUV of some sort) to extrapolate on the fuel usage of a typical Alaskan family!
  16. KHud

KHud Survivor

Oddometer:
    Now can we get back the boring stuff?
  17. Solarmoose

Solarmoose electric Supporter

Oddometer:
    Good idea, like who is this Joe Miller guy anyway? :evil

Isn't it time for him to go away?:deal
  18. KHud

KHud Survivor

Oddometer:
    Air getting thin up there on the mountain, is it?
  19. AKtracks

AKtracks Kilted Fükengrüver

Oddometer:
    I think he's just past minute 14 on his fame-o-meter, so he's holding on for everything he's got before slithering back under that from whence he came.
  20. A_Vasiliev

Oddometer:
    Who's Joe Miller? Inform me, please?:deal