This Place Is Boring

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by KHud, Dec 13, 2010.

1. AKtracks

AKtracks Kilted Fükengrüver

Oddometer:
    He was the Tea-bagger, err Tea Party, candidate on the Republican ticket for election as Senator for AK. He lost the election to a write in candidate (by nearly 10,000 votes) has disputed the election saying some misspelled the write in. He lost the District Court decision, which really didn't matter because even if he won he'd have lost by around 2,000 votes. He's now appealing the decision to the AK Supreme Court.
  2. KHud

KHud Survivor

Oddometer:

That's one view of who he is. He really is Sarah Palin's secret man-boy lover. Makes his living running a chop shop in Palmer that specializes in Suzuki DR and Yugo parts since they seem to be interchangeable. He's a graduate of the Mary Cosmetics Academy and is rumored to be able to pull his lower lip over the top of his head.
  3. Beezer

Beezer Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Anchorage, formerly Spenard (hub of the universe)
    .... and he's from Fairbanks. Well via Kansas, which was apparently way too liberal for his liking.
  4. A_Vasiliev

A_Vasiliev Red, white and blue.

Oddometer:
    :lol3 Thanks for the lowdown.
  5. legion

legion Honking the Horn

Oddometer:
    I can't help but think that guy's going to have trouble getting a job. From the looks of his income disclosure docs his career path relies heavily on leeching off of the gov't tit... but now he's chapped pretty much everybody and the remaining question is 'who'd want a combative and litigious snake on their payrol with a history of making hugely poor choices out in front of god and everyone'?

Fairbanks has a rich history of launching complete idiots into the public light as if anybody else might want them. From Joe Miller to Joe Vogler there have been some spectacular dorks claiming Fairbanks as their home.

Somebody needs to see if there's lead in the lining of that water truck service as the ratio of whack jobs to normals is off the chart.
  6. AKtracks

Oddometer:
    If we're lucky the former will find the latter...and stay with him.
  7. KHud

KHud Survivor

Oddometer:
    Guess I should divulge that Miller and I were both in the 1st Brigade, 1st Infantry Division during the first Gulf War. He was lieutenant assigned as a tank platoon leader in 2-34 Armor; I was a major serving as the Brigade Operations Officer (S3). Never recall meeting him. Another notable person that served with us in the Big Red One was Timothy McVeigh, a Spec.4 in 2-16 Infantry.
  8. AKtracks

Oddometer:
    I always knew you kept company with shady characters....just didn't realize any were worse than AlcanRider. :lol3
  9. MaggieR

MaggieR Morbidly Obese

Oddometer:
    And me! Don't forget me. I make shade.

By the way - I'm thinking of running for office. And I pledge to not abandon my constituency in order to campaign for a national office. My platform will be simple (and heavily reinforced): Larger servings!!

Maggie :babe
  10. legion

legion Honking the Horn

Oddometer:
    So maybe it was lead water tanks in the gulf?
  11. SRA

SRA Why is the rum gone?

Oddometer:
  12. Solarmoose

Solarmoose electric Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nope, but it is quite a bit warmer than the stuff you're subjected to.
    I do believe the mere mention of this miller dude is enough to keep this thread alive for a bit longer. But after all, you did complain this place was getting boring.

We could spice the thread with tales of loser politicos that were from anchortown... hmm, remember obermeyer? :rofl
  13. legion

legion Honking the Horn

Oddometer:
    We'll see your Theresa from 15 years ago and raise you a Cox... from yesterday. :lol3

Source
  14. KHud

KHud Survivor

Oddometer:
    Who was the guy that withdrew from the gubernatorial race against Knowles when he won a second term? Lindauer??? Think he was a Los Anchorage lad; a fine example of the southern breed.

By the way, while Cox is a complete and utter nut case he is at least entertaining.

15. Alcan Rider

Alcan Rider Frozen Fossil Supporter

Oddometer:
    You guys should have been around in the early days of statehood. Bill Egan's cabinet alone provided enough fodder for the news networks to keep us all entertained. My father-in-law was a sergeant on the Juneau police force and had many a tale to tell... including the still the Egan son kept in the basement of the governor's mansion. Them were the days... :1drink
  16. Solarmoose

Solarmoose electric Supporter

Oddometer:
    Who needs SNL when we have so many fine Alaskan politicians, lobbyist and wannabees to keep us entertained and the newspapers in business.
    Of course, now an Alaskan politician has a chance of being on SNL or at least be lampooned by it. And if you're really lucky you can have your own cable TV show.

I was around in the Egan days... he was involved in a lot good stuff for Alaska. but do tell about the rest of the story.
  17. AKDuc

AKDuc Alaska Born Ducatisti

Oddometer:
    Yep, anyone remember one of my relatives in FBKS runnin for Gov a few yrs back? :wink:

Got me a nice "Haldane For Governor" out of it. :D

Marko the Magnificent
  18. KHud

KHud Survivor

Oddometer:
    I want to hear the "rest of the story" about ALCAN Jack's misspent youth:freaky. Children and the faint of heart best sign-off.
  19. HayDuchessLives

HayDuchessLives Loquita

Oddometer:
    (The nearly full moon is causing me to do something crazy :norton and brave and pick on the infamous Tom S - oh no!)

The creative genius Tom S has been uncharacteristically quiet and hasn't posted any new photo creations for a while. I found out part of the story why he hasn't been posting as often: his computer died (a while back) and he lost his photo-chopping software. Plus, he has had some not-so-pleasant run-ins with females the past few months, which caused him to go over the edge, evidence is below:

[​IMG]

It looks like he needs a new dress or robe, a shower and some bandaids for his scraped up knee. I wonder what he was doing??? :huh I don't think any of my dresses will fit him or I would come to his assistance and offer one of mine for him to wear. :poser

:lol3 :rofl

I suppose it's time for me to duck and disappear for a while now. :jive

:hide
  20. HayDuchessLives

HayDuchessLives Loquita

Oddometer:
    Boy, you really want to hear ancient history, dont you? I think Jack's misspent youth occurred before the printing press was even developed so it's a good thing Jack is a very talented, elaborate, long-winded, and verbally-oriented story teller that only rarely stretches the truth. :lol3

I think it's time for a moonlit hike so I don't get into any more trouble....