Thornton's Gap Sunday May 12th

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by freaking RT, May 8, 2002.

1. freaking RT

freaking RT will golf for food

Oddometer:
    I'm blowing off the mad dash to Myrtle trip.

Anybody up for a brew at Mountainside Market this Sunday say around 1:00 pm????

Hey, Pepper!!!! Ya through with the floods and tornadoes yet???? :ear
  2. PhilSpace

PhilSpace The Ex-Gov

Oddometer:
    I had already conned Neil into riding down for a T-shirt, I was going to take the FLT for shits and giggles (the only Harley ridden there and it isn't even mine).

We could go out your way instead, get drunk and then get your security folks all head up over two F650's buzzing your community. A two wheel version of cowboys and Indians circling your development - always wanted to be the Indian anyway:):
  3. freaking RT

Oddometer:
    :rofl It was dirt bikes many moons ago that got the damn restrictions placed on bikes here.

I guess this means your in?? :D
  4. Steverino

Steverino Arrogant Horse's Ass #1

Oddometer:
    Don't you guys have Mothers???????
  5. PhilSpace

PhilSpace The Ex-Gov

Oddometer:
    Huh, we are mothers (at least that is what Beck and the kids call me).

Ooops, forgot, mine is in NY anyway, so maybe I should ride up to NY instead:evil

My mother in law just moved to Gordonsville, know any good bars down there that we could ride to?:1drink
  6. Steverino

Oddometer:
    Bars in Gordonsville??? The closest thing to a bar in Gordonsville is the 7-11.

I knew you guys were Muthers.
  7. PhilSpace

PhilSpace The Ex-Gov

Oddometer:
    Honestly, it is Beck's idea, she wants to go for a ride (prolly on the F650) on Mother's day, but I am sure she will want to stop by her Mom's house, it's right off 33 before you get to Gordonsville.

From there we could hit the sweepers on 33, cross over Skyline, down to 340 and up to 211 and, and and and.

Ah, screw it, as usual your right, thanks for pissing on our parade:(:
  8. Steverino

Oddometer:
    Who will be riding the 650 on Sunday. I'll be in the parade, not sure if on the K or the 650. The K needs tires and the 650 needs a 600 mile service.

Damn, this is one expensive avocation. I am going to have to move out of my gated community to afford to keep riding!

Oh yeah, ordered black jesses for the 650! How many times can I spend that tax refund? I am supporting the economic rebound!
  9. PhilSpace

PhilSpace The Ex-Gov

Oddometer:
    What parade?

One of the reasons we bought the GS was the BMW bags that came with it - great for commuting, holds a notebook and expandable, but I gotta say that if I was runnin around in the woods they would be coming off first, don't t think the finish will take a lot of shit. Can't wait to see them - keep on spending my tax refund:rofl
  10. Steverino

Oddometer:
    This parade! You going to the Market Sunday or not???

I am so confused!:confused
  11. PhilSpace

PhilSpace The Ex-Gov

Oddometer:
    Sorry, Becky has been shedding some of her blonde hair on me, my fault. I thought you were going to a real Mothers Day parade or something.

That's what I get for not drinking, but that shit will stop now - up stairs for some single malt Irish:1drink
  12. freaking RT

Oddometer:
    damn, such a simple question :lol1

So, we meeting in Sperryville or what???
  13. pfestus1

pfestus1 Slash 5er

Oddometer:
    As so often happens, I will be protecting lives and property in Roanoke on Sunday :(: But Saturday is another day, and I will be on the road! :): . I am leading a group of our Twin Valley Riders up to Monterey VA for lunch. We should be arriving in Monterey around 12:30 or 1. If the weather is good, I look for a good turnout. You all come over and harrass us! We'll be coming up through Cow Pasture and Bull Pasture River Valleys through Williamsville, to US 250. From there it is wide open....:drums
  14. PhilSpace

PhilSpace The Ex-Gov

Oddometer:
    Looks like we will be out on two wheels, but doing the in-laws fist, no way we could be back up in 231 to Sperryville that quick.
  15. freaking RT

Oddometer:

Monterey for lunch??? Saturday?? :thumb

I can do that.

At the little diner in the middle of town?
  16. freaking RT

Oddometer:
    What time are you planning on leaving Gordonsville?
  17. PhilSpace

PhilSpace The Ex-Gov

Oddometer:
    It sounds like Sunday is getting to be a logistical nightmare (Beck's on the phone now with the family). Saturday is going to be better, and now thanks to the rain, I won't be able to seal the deck this weekend:):

The idea of lunch at the little diner across from the Highland Inn on Saturday sounds like a better plan. We could run out 211, to Timberville and then the back roads into 33, then off 33 at Brandywine onto the CR's through Sugar Grove past the NSGA and on to 220 and Monterey, just have to watch out for the Bear.

Catch Hank, tell lies and beat feet home. I haven't run this past the frau yet, but if she doesn't wanna go, that means I can have the F650:):

Wadda ya think:confused
  18. pfestus1

pfestus1 Slash 5er

Oddometer:
    Phil, Freaky,
    Our group should be arivin' in Monterey around 12:30 to 1 pm. We'll be coming in on 250 from McDowell. Don't know how many will show. I'll be on the Red GS, and lookin out for ya's. :evil
  19. PhilSpace

PhilSpace The Ex-Gov

Oddometer:
    Cool, it will either be me on my F650 alone or Beck and I on the Red RT's.
  20. freaking RT

Oddometer:
    :scratch you talking about 613 down thru Singers Glen? I can meet you anywhere along the route. But you had better be there early if we are going to get to Monterey by 12:30.

Hauling ass, it took me almost 2 hours to get home from Monterey via Sugar Grove and US 33. I'm 15 minutes east of Harrisonburg. 250 is faster.

Your quickest way past Elkton is on 33, right?

why don't ya'll slip down to Gordonsville, Friday night. We can meet on 33 and head over to Monterey. That'll put you back in G-ville for Mom's Day, Sunday.