Those TKC 80's RULE in the dirt

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Ricardo Kuhn, Dec 2, 2002.

1. Ricardo Kuhn

Ricardo Kuhn a.k.a. Mr Rico Suave

Oddometer:
    Minneapolis (don't even ask how i end up here.
    I when for A Little DIRT BIKE FUn with the CAL BMW group yesterday,to a place call "clear creek" Near Hollister(+/-100milles),ca.
    What a Great Place,,we need to GO,all the time.
    My point is ;
    was my list experience with the TKC 80 tyres,those thinks are InCreDiBle for mudy condiccions at least, on the street they are not that bad, for sure braking is a comprimise and then the rear end tends to "Step" on you. under Braking ,down shifting and for sure under power, on the street they are not even close to the tourance's but on the Dirt they more than make for.
    I will post some pictures soon ,I hope.

start to save for that second set of wheels so you can have "Street" tyres on one, and Dirt Bike tyres on the other set.

LET go riding,LEt Get DIRTY.

PS; thanks you CrasH for the Final Drive,makes a BIG difference, now I need a ceramic clutch, my poor thing was burning,Those Hills are step but the traction is great,thanks to the "Continental" guys for that one.
  2. Rad

Rad Done riding

Oddometer:
    TKC 80's are da shit:thumb

Where is Clear Creek? The entrance is off what road?
  3. R-dubb

R-dubb Dubbious Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a winner. I wanna go. Too bad I took off the knobs for riding wet roads. I need that second set of wheels real bad.

Anyone ever figure out what BMW does with all those bent wheels they replace under warranty?

:dj
    R-dubb
  4. Marc

Marc Just sayin...

Oddometer:
    Hammer them back into shape and sell 'em as new? :scratch
  5. Ricardo Kuhn

Oddometer:
    HE always Knows
    I do have a little map
    the directions call for Highway 25 from hollister but you can get there from 146 true 101(in bettwen salinas and KIng city),is close to a state park call "pinnacles"
    This place is great, full of trails,ALL different levels,,,from CrasH to the Wussy wusse is something for everybody, the terrain is In perfect shape,sometimes a little to muddy,how cares,is great to "spray shit "all over you and your friend bikes.

HOw about we go next week end or the one after before really starts to RAIN, will be really muddy.

RAD i hope by then your 21" front wheel will be done , I got all the parts comming soon.

6. cRAsH

cRAsH Banned

Oddometer:
  7. zouch

zouch part-time wanderer

Oddometer:
    and guess who was the only guy to follow me up the climb that stopped everyone else in the group i was leading?
    :evil

cheers!
    e
  8. Rad

Rad Done riding

Oddometer:
    This weekend I teach and next weekend is Steve and Flame's wed'n down south...but we gotta find one.

21" wheel....mmmmmm good, my 21"TKC80 has been shipped:thumb
  9. cRAsH

cRAsH Banned

Oddometer:
    Where'd you get it? :ear
  10. irisep

irisep Pseudo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Not bad, considering he had to hold the sign.:stupid
  11. Rad

Rad Done riding

Oddometer:
    Southwest moto http://www.swmototires.com/

Ya gotta call, it is not on their web site
  12. Ricardo Kuhn

Oddometer:
    I don't know if call it Dirt Bike riding or
    oH..SHIT
    Because you are OH SHITTtttttttt..ING your self on every turn ,Is a GreaT test ground for Improvements.
    soon my New BIke will be rolling ,actually not to soon,But I.m pacient,she get better every time I have a little extra money.

this is were GooD suspension really Shows,the TYRE choice is critical and your willingness to have FUn is PaRamOunT .

I don't really KNOW how to ride motorcycles in the DIRT..never did or at least very little. Is so much fun,so much skill and atencion is require.

I'm learning a SHIT LoaD
  13. zouch

zouch part-time wanderer

Oddometer:
    coming from a pseudo,... :(:

maybe it was because there warn't no Starb*cks around, but i don't remember seeing you there, Dorothy... :rofl

the point is, Ricardo did a fair job of it, even though it was essentially his first time in the dirt and on knobs. obviously it was possible, because we both made it up (and back down)... just the rest of the group haired out.

cheers!
    e

14. fish

fish Banned

Oddometer:
    JEEBUS! Another rule?? When will it end?
  15. Ricardo Kuhn

Oddometer:
    HeY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I know the TWO of YOU, the two of you are very pasionate, and very good riders too.
    I be more that happy to "share the Road" with any of you.I hope some day we get to ride ALL together.

Little Note: I have the "On any SUnday "song on My head,all the time i was riding, that was awesome,such a Happy Moment
    :rofl
  16. zouch

zouch part-time wanderer

Oddometer:
    did it really take 4 hours to figure out how to 'enhance' that little slight?:rolleyes

Ricardo sez you're alright, but based on your unprovoked (mis)behaviour, i have to wonder... wazzupwidchu?

and now, (hopefully!) back to our original topic...

cheers!
    e

17. doc riverz

doc riverz anatra di seduta

Oddometer:
    You's guys actually ride these monsters in the dirt? :confused
    Holy fuk, I musta missed that memo.
  18. Ricardo Kuhn

Oddometer:
    And Is many picture to prove it,i just don't have them for now.
  19. zouch

zouch part-time wanderer

Oddometer:
    abso-fuggin'-lutely; isn't doing everything with them what they're for?!

i've chased you around on the pavement enough to think you'd probably have a rockin' good time doing it dirty too; we'll have to make sure you get a special invite for the next dirt trek.

cheers!
    e

20. davidhpark

davidhpark Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey,

Take it easy on your "conquest" of the ridge hill. It's not that people wussed out it's that when leading a group you need to take into consideration the riding ability and desires of the whole group.

In fact, we weren't sure that we were going the right way (which we weren't) so the right decision was to turn around to the last cut-off and either wait or try another direction. As it turns out this WAS the right decision to meet up with Kari and the other riders.

Also, you seem to forget that one of the riders in our group had a small spill and was having serious problems using his left hand and therefore the clutch. Further riding out of clear creek area he seemed to think that he perhaps had actually broken his arm.

Making him go up a ridge that we weren't sure was in the right direction in the marginal condition that he was in simply isn't smart off-road or group riding. I for one wasn't 'afraid' or not against doing the hill it's just that it simply wasn't necessary because the obvious thing was that we all were going to turn around and rendevous at the last junction.

It was fun to ride with you but you seem to have forgetten these small (but important) details.