Three Clydesdales and a Zebra - An Unlikely Herd

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Hondarider, Aug 10, 2016.

1. ChicoProf

ChicoProf Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice! I have faith that you can find some comedic relief with your travel companions... Best of luck to you!
  2. Jaimo

Jaimo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    "I'm pretty sure that my view from the balcony is better than the view from a bar stool, but I'm trying to be less judgmental."

Depends on the eye candy in the bar... :nomystery There may have been an assortment of southern belles.
  3. Runswithscizzors

Runswithscizzors Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You've infiltrated the herd so far.....keep going. following along.
  4. Hondarider

Hondarider Hero of the Stupid

Oddometer:
    Sadly...no Southern Belles...the post-Labor Day beach crowd had a decidedly downtrodden vibe to it...kinda old...overly tanned...leathery...bad tattoos...out of shape...tank tops...jean shorts...80s Camaros with J.C. Whitney "performance" modifications cruising the strip...the women I saw all kinda look like that guy who used to hang out with Billy Lane at Choppers Inc. I'm not throwing stones, but that dude is no Southern Belle.
    image.jpeg

They were back at the hotel less than an hour after me.
  5. Hondarider

Oddometer:
    Day 4 ended in Greenville, SC after a 250 mile highway ride across the state. Stop and go traffic seemed to go on forever...the scenery was not exactly inspiring...and endless miles of grooved pavement were kinda squirrelly. I did pass by Ft. Jackson fo the first time in 25 years. If I was alone, I would have checked to see if I could get on the base for a nostalgic tour of a very formative period of my life. Alas, sidetrips required too much discussion and coordination in a group of 4 riders. We hit Greenville early in the afternoon. Bob and I checked into the Embassy Suites while Dave and Rick went to stay at Dave's daughter's house. Bob and I grabbed some lunch and then he went over to meet the other guys for a night out in Greenville. I opted to stay here and watch Ancient Aliens instead.
  6. Hondarider

Oddometer:
    Day 5 - Clemson Football

They're coming to pick Bob and I up at the hotel at 9:00. This should be an exciting day.
  7. Blader54

Blader54 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hope ypu survive!!
  8. ScooterInVegas

ScooterInVegas Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Watch your corn hole around those Harley guys OP. Nice sunrise. Looks like a CA sunset.
  9. Hondarider

Oddometer:
    image.jpeg Day 5 (placeholder part 2)

I'm going to have a lot to say about this day once I collect up my thoughts and sit down to write the tale. Everyone involved were very pleasant , but this college football thing is a culture as foreign to me as anything on the African continent. This seems more akin to religion than entertainment. More on that later.
    Max Wedge likes this.
  10. Max Wedge

Max Wedge ADVenture mowing

Oddometer:
    Amen brother. Me too.
  11. Vrode

Vrode Not my problem Supporter

Oddometer:
    [/QUOTE] This seems more akin to religion than entertainment. [/QUOTE]

It is in some areas of the country. No one told you about this?
  12. Hondarider

Oddometer:
    Hanging with our buddy, Dale, in Maggie Valley. image.jpeg
  13. Hondarider

Oddometer:
    image.jpeg Ride, ride, ride...no time to write...
  14. chudzikb

chudzikb Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Where's the drama? The social intrigue? So much build up, feeling a little let down here, but, hopefully us being let down on the drama is good for you and your trip. Not one single human sacrifice? How does this happen?
    ChicoProf likes this.
  15. Woody2627

Woody2627 Grey Wobbler

Oddometer:
    Methinks the overall mood of this trip is seriously hindering the flow of creative juices. Sad really.

And why is Hondarider riding a BMUU? Hasn't anyone told him there is a name change thread?
  16. Hondarider

Oddometer:
    I can't possibly write this thread on my crappy little iPhone. I'm going to need a full keyboard, some Corona, and weeks to write this story. I didn't write my Colorado thread until months after that trip. I need time to work out the wording and a theme of some sort. I've been keeping notes each day, but I need some time and perspective to put his all together. We just checked into a hotel at 7:30...after 11+ hours of riding. I need a shower, dinner,and bed. I can't possibly write about the day. It's coming. Nobody's dead though so I expect some of you will be disappointed.
    BeemerBOI, Max Wedge and chudzikb like this.
  17. chudzikb

chudzikb Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Clear now sir, God's speed...
  18. Hondarider

Oddometer:
    I like the Hondarider moniker. I've used it on a dozen forums and 20,000 posts. I still keep a Honda or two in the garage just to keep it factual. Besides, "GSRider" sounds a bit pretentious.
  19. Woody2627

Woody2627 Grey Wobbler

Oddometer:
    It's ok mate, just taking the piss. Happy trails.
  20. Len

Len Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I think we have surmised you are way too OCD, or properly ordered CDO, to throw together a poorly organized report. I just wonder how you are dealing with the rearrangement of your gear without re-laminating your packing lists. We all know you have moved your reading glasses to the tank bag...
    :hide